Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Lambert plunders NCFC backroom staff

It''s a shame that Mikey Watts has gone. My ex''s dad worked with him when he was involved in the Sheff Utd academy and said he was a conditioning coach that players respected and responded well to. A real clever guy by all accounts that knew fitness & conditioning inside out. Hoping we''ve got a bright talent lined up to replace. I think it''s often overlooked at how quality back room staff can enhance a team.

People getting worked up needlessly about this on Twitter.

Lambert brought those coaches in to start with and i''m sure Hughton would like his own team in place so let''s move one step further under Hughton.

Now we have stayed up without Lambert and paid off our clubs debts we should just concentrate on what we are going to do. I no longer begrudge Lambert success, like most others on here I just don''t like him anymore, not that he would care!

As a former coach himself i''m pretty sure Hughton knows the right type of people anyway :)

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]It''s a shame that Mikey Watts has gone. My ex''s dad worked with him when he was involved in the Sheff Utd academy and said he was a conditioning coach that players respected and responded well to. A real clever guy by all accounts that knew fitness & conditioning inside out. Hoping we''ve got a bright talent lined up to replace. I think it''s often overlooked at how quality back room staff can enhance a team.[/quote]

Quite. A bit careless to lose two key members of our backroom staff, but I suppose it is just another sad reminder that it is hard for us to hold on to people when the big clubs come calling.

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]It''s a shame that Mikey Watts has gone. My ex''s dad worked with him when he was involved in the Sheff Utd academy and said he was a conditioning coach that players respected and responded well to. A real clever guy by all accounts that knew fitness & conditioning inside out. Hoping we''ve got a bright talent lined up to replace. I think it''s often overlooked at how quality back room staff can enhance a team.[/quote]

Quite. A bit careless to lose two key members of our backroom staff, but I suppose it is just another sad reminder that it is hard for us to hold on to people when the big clubs come calling.

We''ve brought in Birmingham Sports Scientist Nick Davies according to this article.

Not sure if that a posh phrase for fitness guru or just a laptop techie geezer monitoring pro-zone?!!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-interview-lee-clark-4707540?

Love McNallys post on Twitter

"We had planned to upgrade our Sports Science and Strength & Conditioning team this summer & delighted that Nick Davies has agreed to lead it"

Doesnt seem too bothered by it, in fact, sounds like Villa did us a favour.

McNally''s twitter post is ace. Certainly sounds like it''s all in hand! In fairness, Watts'' first real conditioning coach job was with us as he learnt the ropes at Sheff U. If we do end up with a more experienced one then I guess that''s great.

As a sidenote, does anyone else feel we suffered a lot less injuries last season compared to the first season up with Lambert? It feels like we did but I have only just thought about it so might be wrong.

A brilliant post by the master McNasty.

I admit I was a tad irritated when learning of the departure to Lambert but as always Mr McNally has soothed my savage breast. Ha Ha what fun!!

On a serious note, I think you make a valid point Rotherham.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]A brilliant post by the master McNasty. I admit I was a tad irritated when learning of the departure to Lambert but as always Mr McNally has soothed my savage breast. Ha Ha what fun!! On a serious note, I think you make a valid point Rotherham.[/quote]

Having read his statement, my furrowed brow was also smoothed!

Before any AV or Leeds supporters get their oar in, there is a difference between the Leeds to Norwich association - Leeds are our feeder club - and the Norwich to AV association - AV are our "offload club" [:D]

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]Love McNallys post on Twitter

"We had planned to upgrade our Sports Science and Strength & Conditioning team this summer & delighted that Nick Davies has agreed to lead it"

Doesnt seem too bothered by it, in fact, sounds like Villa did us a favour.[/quote]

Haha. You gotta love that man. [:D]