Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Spain vs Tahiti

This has to be the most one sided game of football to ever take place.

Tahiti have a postman and an accountant Spain have Xavi and Iniesta!

Bookmakers have scores of 32-0 at 300/1, 10-0 is a measly 9/1 I never even got beat that bad at school and I was rubbish!

This is going to be funny

1952 USa vs england1966 North Korea Vs Italy1980 Norway Vs England1992 Faroe Islands vs Russia....

1-0 Tahiti ;)

Upsets happen, but Spain v Tahiti does rather have the feeling of something like a Man U v Lowestoft game: If Spain take it seriously it could be a scary scoreline.

There should be a point of principle in games like this where Spain go 6-0 up and then don''t try too hard - or play their B team - or just try not to humiliate the Tahitians.  What does a ridiculous thrashing in a competitive tournament achieve as a positive message for smaller footballing nations?Yes, I realise this sounds like more left wing bedwetting.

credit to tahiti who fought and fought all game

never good enough but they created chances, and for a period in the first half held spain at 1-0 for about 20 minutes.

It still serves as a lesson to the likes of San Marino and Andorra etc.. dont sit back and defend, set out to have a go! spain were made to work for the first hour until the fatigue kicked in and although an easy win they knew they had been given a game.

I think they had been far less tactically naive (sitting with a high line against a pacey Spain attack who repeatedly floated the ball over the top? I mean, c''mon, seriously, did nobody suggest changing things at half time?!), then they would have lost by a far smaller margin. They simply got caught out, rather than well beaten by a lot of the goals.

That said, the few attacks they created were not bad chances. Someone in the pub behind me even commented how they seemed to pass it around more comfortably than England do!