Sign in to follow this  
Return of steady on

Do we have some of the worst fans?

Most Norwich fans are absolutely superb and the figures speak for themselves (20k+ season ticket holder in league one etc) and most make big sacrifices, personal and financial, to support the club they love. That is a really special and amazing thing we should be proud of.

However

There are those that are not quite as good as fans of Norwich.

We know their names, and we put up with their BS and we just get on with it. Why should we?

A poster on here by the name of banana (I can only assume he''s called that because he has the IQ of a banana) has launched a torrent of abuse at our captain and undisputed Norwich hero Grant Holt, you can catch that little mental breakdown here:

https://twitter.com/NorwichBanana

My personal favourite is "I haven''t celebrated a grant holt goal since his transfer request. And I won''t celebrate anymore of his goals"

This is unforgiveable in my eyes. Literally a waste of a seat at Carrow road

The question is then, whilst we undisputedly have some of the best fans in the country, do we also have some of the worst? Is it a problem for all clubs? and why do we put up with these type of people?

yep, whoever that bloke is, he''s an absolute tool. whatever went on last summer is forgotten, football is a fickle game, i think 99.9% of Norwich fans forgot about the issue. so that win at home against everton at home in 90+ minute when grant holt scored the winner which turned out to be massive, he didn''t celebrate ???????obviously he isn''t as a big as of a supporter as he maybe thinks he is

[quote user="Return of steady on"]

Most Norwich fans are absolutely superb and the figures speak for themselves (20k+ season ticket holder in league one etc) and most make big sacrifices, personal and financial, to support the club they love. That is a really special and amazing thing we should be proud of.

However

There are those that are not quite as good as fans of Norwich.

We know their names, and we put up with their BS and we just get on with it. Why should we?

A poster on here by the name of banana (I can only assume he''s called that because he has the IQ of a banana) has launched a torrent of abuse at our captain and undisputed Norwich hero Grant Holt, you can catch that little mental breakdown here:

https://twitter.com/NorwichBanana

My personal favourite is "I haven''t celebrated a grant holt goal since his transfer request. And I won''t celebrate anymore of his goals"

This is unforgiveable in my eyes. Literally a waste of a seat at Carrow road

The question is then, whilst we undisputedly have some of the best fans in the country, do we also have some of the worst? Is it a problem for all clubs? and why do we put up with these type of people?

[/quote]

Don''t be silly. He''s not that bright.

I''m a season ticket holder, buy the shirt every season, previously brought the full kit (home and away) from the ages of 10-16 have all sorts of other merchandise, travel to 4/5 away games a season, go to all the cup games when possible.

I just don''t believe that grant holt has never said he wants out of the club as he handed in a transfer request.

How does buying stuff prove anything?

It''s not about how much money you spend, it''s about how you feel and act. You''ve been extremely disrespectful to a true club legend who was vital to our double promotion and two mid table PL positions.

Telling him on twitter you want him to leave is utterly pathetic. It''s bad enough you want him to leave, but you''re entitled to that opinion, but telling him and saying stupid things like you won''t celebrate his goals is childish.

And you can''t justify that by saying you''ve bought a load of stuff from the club. Doesn''t change the person you are and the way you''ve acted.

Bet u wouldnt say it to his face tho. If he wanted out that bad hr wouldnt have signed a new contract. So the reason he askec for a transfer is because certain promises were not met. I agree it was handled badly on both sides but u move on.

Some of our fans seem to have an excessively high regard for their own opinions. Look at the way the grumbling started at the Swansea game, or the boos when Hughton brought Hoolahan off for Kamara. These are exactly the kind of yokels who make fools of themselves on the radio and don''t even realise what a laughing stock they are. If you want to express these opinions in a pub with your mates that''s fine but you a total idiot to go on Twitter and start sending abuses messages to our captain.

I like the "my opinion is as valid as everyone else''s" line.  No, Banana, it''s not.  Of course, you are entitled to an opinion, the same as anyone else.  However, your opinions on professional footballer contracts are however considerably less valid than professional footballers, lawyers, agents and other people who know about professional footballer contracts.The idea that all opinions are equal and valid is one of the great inaccuracies perpetuated by this generation''s sense of entitlement.

So nana''s argument is that "Holt is a disgrace to the club because he wanted to stay here longer"?

Fair enough...?

How much does this forum actually matter? Sod all.

It''s a wind up merchants paradise on here.

Stop taking things so serious. 99.9% on here consists of complete tosh and people trying to make you believe that they actually know what they''re talking about

[quote user="alartz"]

Stop taking things so serious. 99.9% on here consists of complete tosh and people trying to make you believe that they actually know what they''re talking about[/quote]

In my experience, that''s not too dissimilar to life itself.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I''m a season ticket holder, buy the shirt every season, previously brought the full kit (home and away) from the ages of 10-16 have all sorts of other merchandise, travel to 4/5 away games a season, go to all the cup games when possible.

I just don''t believe that grant holt has never said he wants out of the club as he handed in a transfer request.[/quote]

You''re still as thick as pigsh*t though.

Banana, i could go out and by myself 30" Waist trousers and XS Shirts, but i''d still be a Fat B****d!

"alartz"How much does this forum actually matter? Sod all.

It''s a wind up merchants paradise on here.

Stop taking things so serious. 99.9% on here consists of complete tosh and people trying to make you believe that they actually know what they''re talking about

Although you have a very valid point, I think it is giving a clubs player grief on twitter which has annoyed people. Luckily it is Holty who can hold his own. Just unnecessary really.

Glad to see the vast majority of fans on here agree with me in disagreeing with "NorwichBanana". I couldn''t believe it when I saw it, and that he''d actually sent it to Holt himself. Disrespectful isn''t even the word. Entitled to an opinion yes, but not entitled to voice it like that.

Sorry should''ve explained - I''m @grogerobertson on twitter, one of the many who was condemning NorwichBanana from the off.

Little idea for you iamabanana ,when pre seasons up and running head to the training ground and have a word with mr holt ,

I would pay good money to watch his response and you on your arse !!

#fullkitwanker

So now we''re starting topics for the sole purpose of attacking another poster?Come on guys, this is getting silly (even if the guy is a grade A plonker), and I''m really not sure why this hasn''t already been pulled by Pete or the anyone else on the Web Team tbh...

[quote user="Nicko"]I can''t imagine what that must be like Indy Bones...[/quote]The difference is that I didn''t start a thread purely for the purpose of having words with you, I simply responded to your comments on an existing one.You can try to play the martyr all you like, but you were out of order and a number of people clearly agreed with me, so cut the sarcasm and get back to posting your incessant twitter rumours (such as your latest one ref Redmond)...

It''s not a rumour. Again, you''ve chosen to ignore the facts. Ah well.

Also the nonsense you''ve posted on here is well documented!

[quote user="Nicko"]It''s not a rumour. Again, you''ve chosen to ignore the facts. Ah well.[/quote]Of course it''s a rumour ffs, because until Birmingham/Norwich/Redmond actually come out and state it''s a fact, then a rumour is all it will be.There''s nothing on our or on Brum''s official sites, nor have I seen anything from Redmond himself stating which clubs have bid etc, so it is rumour - end of.[quote]Also the nonsense you''ve posted on here is well documented![/quote]Everything posted on here is documented...but the difference is that I''ve generally put across well constructed threads and responses for the vast majority of my time here, whereas you''ve attacked posters, thrown abuse around and focused on mindless rumours from Twitter etc...wonder which of us is going to be seen in a better light based on that lot...[:D]