Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

2 Bids accepted for Redmond

According to micheal bailey

"Birmingham confirm Adeyemi on his way, but also 2 bids accepted for Nathan Redmond, plus they''re close to signing 2 defenders on loan. #ncfc"

Good for Adeyemi, I hope it''s us who have put something in. Is michael bailey reliable or...?

Michael Bailey - Sports journalist @EDP24 @EveningNews @pinkun @MustardTV - Norwich City, Formula One & prev London 2012 correspondent.

Birmingham also close to getting two defenders in on loan.

Maybe someone like Barnett or Ayala as a make weight in the deal?

West Brom Journo just tweeted that it was us and Swansea that have bid for Redmond.

Michael Bailey''s journalism life cycle:

1) Open Pink''Un message board / Norwich City News Now.

2) Cast eyes on transfer rumours.

3) Recycle into new articles.

4) Sell to Archant. Eat dinner. Sleep.

5) Repeat.

haha maybe thats true.

He is rather closely connected to the club. Better placed than many!

[quote user="Surfbird"]The bids accepted are from Swansea and Norwich - source Da Costa 2 mins ago[/quote]

Da costa knows nothing....Birmingham press had already reported that before he said it! He just copy''s other people''s he has no links to anyone

Shame none of the clubs or player could be bothered to confirm this themselves, but I''m sure that within 10 minutes of going on Twitter it became pure fact so who am I to complain...

Seems likely that it is us and Swansea in for him, plenty of sites are saying so (including BBC). I guess it is up to CH and McNally to do the business and tempt him in. We are probably fairly similar in terms of what we can offer £-wise; Swansea obviously have Euro football as a ''pull'' which could swing it their way, but hopefully CH had a good relationship with the lad and that will go our way.

[quote user="Surfbird"]The bids accepted are from Swansea and Norwich - source Da Costa 2 mins ago[/quote]

How did Toivanon''s (sp?) medical go?

You told us last week it was ongoing. Same source, too

Swansea media/fans are saying that Bartley is going on a season long loan to BCFC as a sweetener for the deal but surely that''s irrelevant as it''s up to Redmond now.

Excuse my ignorance but I havnt seen much of Redmond.

I''ve heard a lot of good reports and people on here seem keen but would he be one for the future and a squad player or would you expect him to go straight into starting 11?

[quote user="Bert sneakers"]Excuse my ignorance but I havnt seen much of Redmond.

I''ve heard a lot of good reports and people on here seem keen but would he be one for the future and a squad player or would you expect him to go straight into starting 11?[/quote]No better than what we have but young so might be one for the future. Personally I would like to see proven talent.

I''ve seen him a few times in the championship and this summer in the England U21 tournament just go, i would say he was the only bright spark for England offensively in that tournament. He is very pacey and very raw, he reminded me of a better version of those twins we have, although i have barely seen them either.
Expect him to compete with Pilks, is U21 so not in the 25 man squad and to be used primarily as a sub at first untill he gets used to the prem league.
From what i have seen, the guy is almost, if not, at the same level as Ince and Zaha

It''s sounding pretty positive to me. One of two bids accepted for a much sought after England starlet, with the added bonus of his old manager being here.

Happy days.

If Swansea think Bartley on loan could sweeten the deal, so could Barnett and/or Ayala. But if it is up to the player it could be interesting to see what transpires. I''ve seen some comments that Europa football will swing it, but it isn''t the same as Champs League and I wonder how much of a pull it really is for a youngster?

Reports trouble at Swansea and  manager might leave and where would that leave him ?  that would put me off going there ,,,,,,,,

Come on Nathan, do the right thing, come join Norwich, Chris Hughton sorted you out to where you are now, keep the faith in him, you will rot on the bench at Swansea.

I feel like one season in the mini euro league might not be enough for swansea to pull him. while we have Hughton I''m sure we have the better chance. Hughton has lead him through the Europa league before, and who knows, in 2 seasons times he may do so again, while also winning either/both(wishful thinking) the FA/League cup.

I am with Ricardo on this one. Not sure he is any better than Elliott Bennett but seems promising enough - but I want someone who can push the first teamers, not play for a bench space.

As far as the rumours are concerned - was there a song entitled pop will eat itself - seems to sum up the ever diminishing gap between journalism and twitter and plan rumour mongering