Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

martin Olson

All quiet after the initial speculation and in todays press linked with Stoke. He probably liked playing under Hughes at Blackburn whether that is enough to swing the signing is a matter of debate. It would be nice to see some of our linked players turning into signings soon

I think the difficulty we are having now is that with the tv money all the prem clubs have money and we are now part of a group of 6-10 clubs who are all very much in the same mid table bracket, probably offering similar money (with us at the lower end of the spectrum) and who all seem to looking at players in the same sort of price bracket. Hence every time we get linked with a player the likes of West Brom, Fulham, Stoke, West Ham, Swansea , Southampton and even Villa and Everton are often also linked to them. Some we might win (possibly Redmond due to links with Hughton) whilst others may go the other way (e.g. Olsson may plump for Hughes due to past relationship). The key is therefore to get in first under the radar and land these players quickly but with agents and selling clubs knowing they can get multiple offers for their players thats probably easier said than done.

What concerns me a little bit this summer is that (based on the little inside info i am party to) I am convinced Hooper was our No 1 target but we seem to have at some point switched to Toivenon and Kone. That''s fine if we get one but i do worry that if we miss out on both and then turn back to Hooper he may have had his head turned elsewhere. I hope that doesn''t prove to be the case.

Looks like we shall lose out on Kone and Olsson, which would be sad. I just hope that we have a second LB in mind. We may sign Naughton, but I do not really rate him at LB anymore than Whittaker or Bennett. I hope, too, that ''follow the manager'' will bring us Redmond.

I suspect that there will be much further looking and bidding before CH/McN have finished, and that we may have signed some additional players by early July but by no means all.  This could make pre-season preparations a little difficult, and extend the waiting of those players who may become surplus after the signings.

The Stoke chairman came out the other day and said the club are trying to sign Erik Pieters - the dutch left back. If they get him they won''t want Olsson as well, so I wouldn''t rule him out so soon.

It''s impossible to imagine that Norwich will get all their first choice targets, but then no club can expect that. There is a lot of time left in the transfer window and I feel certain players, like Hooper, will be a long running story as everyone maneuvers themselves into the best position.

Nursey at it again - let''s hope his sources are more robust than they were with Redmond last week.https://twitter.com/JamesNursey/status/352045893295419392

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

The Stoke chairman came out the other day and said the club are trying to sign Erik Pieters - the dutch left back. If they get him they won''t want Olsson as well, so I wouldn''t rule him out so soon.

It''s impossible to imagine that Norwich will get all their first choice targets, but then no club can expect that. There is a lot of time left in the transfer window and I feel certain players, like Hooper, will be a long running story as everyone maneuvers themselves into the best position.

[/quote]

Bethnal, Stoke have signed Pieters.

More utter gumpf on here.

So Hooper is our No.1 target and instead we are going for Toivonen and Kone.

I haven''t seen anything other than pure speculation in regards to Kone. To be honest I really hope we don''t go after him. I''d rather another younger player - especially if he is going to cost at least £6 million as quoted. I''d rather have a shot for Sessegnon.

As for Toivonen - until we see him played, unless Hughton says something in the press conference if and when it happens - how do we know we are signing him as a striker?

Hooper could still be a target - a lot of speculation and nothing else at the moment.

Purple/Bethnal,I bumped the thread because Nursey is suggesting that we are closing in on Olsson. Pieters is clearly old news!

So in theory we could end up with:

Olson, Toivinen, Redmond, Fer & Hooper.

There was also talk of another CB on loan, but that lot would be a good summer adding to Garrido & RVW.

[quote user="Indy"]

So in theory we could end up with:

Olson, Toivinen, Redmond, Fer & Hooper.

There was also talk of another CB on loan, but that lot would be a good summer adding to Garrido & RVW.

[/quote]

I would suggest if we got all of those it would be more than a good summer, it would be an exceptional summer''s work. Although i''ve not seen many of these players play live the general consensus seems to be that they would be likely to take us to the next level!