Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

£8m for Shelvey?

Dear god NOOOOO !!!! I don''t ever want to see that tw@t in a Norwich shirt. Over priced, overrated and ...... Well, a tw@t.

[quote user="Scooby"]Dear god NOOOOO !!!! I don''t ever want to see that tw@t in a Norwich shirt. Over priced, overrated and ...... Well, a tw@t.[/quote]

Sorry, but what exactly makes him a tw*t?

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="Scooby"]Dear god NOOOOO !!!! I don''t ever want to see that tw@t in a Norwich shirt. Over priced, overrated and ...... Well, a tw@t.[/quote]

Sorry, but what exactly makes him a tw*t?[/quote]

Some people have very short memories.

Can''t think when Shelvey has ever wronged us. I''d say he''s better than any CM we currently have and can only get better overtime. £6m would be a reasonable price for him

Watched him a lot last season with my best mate who supports Liverpool and he was playing 2nd striker a lot. Quite effective in the bullying/supporting role and chipped in with some goals and made a nuisance of himself. Still very young and potential to fulfil, but not sure if he''s technically the best. Definitely not interested at more than £5m really..

The U21 tournament should shine a light on this thread - shelvey is a decent young footballer but there are significantly better on the continent available for far less.

ditto buckland, ince, zaha, redmond etc etc ad infinitum (yes,  I know,  he plays for calgary... snap him up) 

Zaha - £15m

Ince - £25m

Rhodes - £6m

Rodriquez - £8m

Shelvey - £8m

Coutinho - £8.5m - quality from a minor league

Bony - £12m

Liverpool and England football generally needs to stop thinking we are the dogs bowlocks.   I know which players and price tags I would rather have...

Surprised this has dropped off the bottom of the page, seeing how an actual bid was allegedly made. Anyone heard any updates on this?

Slight juxtaposition there: "an ACTUAL bid was ALLEGEDLY made".

Doesn''t quite process right. But I think you answer why its dropped off the page. Until further notice, I''m treating this as made-up bull***t. I don''t think I''m alone.

Having long been a reader of the forum, this is my first post, so go easy on me. I thought it''d be worth sharing that whilst on holiday last week in the South of Spain, I happened to bump in to 2 managers. One was a slightly tipsy Brendan Rodgers (to be fair it was about 4am), the other was our own Chris Hughton. Hoots was more than pleased to have a chat and pointed out that he was there for the night and returning home the next day. I mentioned that having a predominantly British team makes me even more proud to support NCFC, and he agreed, but said not to expect many British signings this summer due to the value for money of overseas players. This is probably no surprise to anyone, but still interesting that the two of them were there for the night and having an in-depth chat. I wouldn''t be surprised at all to see some business between Liverpool and ourselves in the coming weeks...

Really don''t rate Shelvey, as soon as he gets on the pitch I''m waiting for him to get sent off or miss a sitter!

Looks like he must have been spotted in Swansea. Bookmakers odds have dramatically changed on him joining them.

Come in Toivenon, we need you now.

Mail report Swansea interest and the fee has come to £5m now.

That''s more realistic and he becomes worthy of consideration by us?

It seems to me that Shelvey has had 3 years to prove himself at Liverpool but has not done so. He did well on loan to Blackpool (6 goals in 10 games), but is he a PL quality player or an ''in-beteener''. On that basis, I''d be reluctant to spend big on him but a loan deal might make sense.

Anyone dissapointed we didn''t sign him...? Another coup for Swansea, but I''m not sure I would have wanted him at NCFC

A good prospect at £5 million IMO. Needs to get more game time under his belt, which he really didnt get at Liverpool. Lots of potential and had a good goal scoring record whilst on loan at Blackpool 10 apps 6 goals. Not really an improvement on what we have (currently) but has the potential to be a lot better than Howson or Johnson.

They haven''t played him very much, and now they''re prepared to let me go at a discount. IT says it all, really, Liverpool do not rate him and this is part of a clearance sale.

Just dissapointed whe haven''t really had some good news since RVW to celebrate yet...but I''m sure it will come...