Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

July USA trip ??

I know this is not that important,but I have got tickets for the friendly game against portland. I live in canada. And I noticed that they have reserved 2 sections for Norwich supporters.Does anybody have any idea how many will be there. Any supporters from Canada like me or the US going. Or anybody from the UK going on vacation to the states. It would be great if there is a few hundred or so. So if you are going or know someone who is, post it on here.

Also does anybody know if van wolfswinkle will be traveling with the team on this tour. OTBC

RE RVW: he will most certainly be travelling. he starts his contract july 1st and I don''t believe he has any international games during that period.

and re going, I would have to fly from DC-CA, which avrgs out to be $600+hotel+tickets, I''ve already spent that on Norwich games this season, and with tuition fees due not too long after that it looks like a no from me.

NY Canaries are hosting pre-game tailgates for Sacramento and San Jose. We''d love to meet/see as many of you as possible. If interested, contact us at info@nycanaries.com and we will set up an e-mail list for the trip, letting people know where/when and all other details.

As Justin says above, the NY Canaries will be hosting a car park party from 2 hours before the games in Cali. Be great to meet as many of you as possible. We already have names of those from within the US and are looking to have a great meet and greet over a few beers. Send an email to nycanaries@gmail.com if you are going to Cali games and we''ll share the details!!!

Up. The. City.

Why, just join the tail gate anyway... That is what makes American sports so good.

In regard to staying over if only you had friends in the us set up a Priceline account and bid for hotel rooms, 60-70 dollars will get you 4 stars or my suggestion for staying anywhere now is a website called airb&b.com you can have whole apartments, unique staying points. Etc for 40 dollars or 200 a night. In fact the website has islands, castles and all manner of unique places. San Fran has a tree house, basically it is still bigger than the average house in the uk.

Coming from the UK for the San Jose and Portland games, driving up the coast between the two. re Portland, their fans group the Timbers Army seem a friendly and enthusiastic bunch so hopefully there''ll be a bar or two near the ground we''ll be welcome in - I''ll try and contact them nearer the time. NY Canaries - will email now to get on that list.

Can''t wait - beats the recent pre-season away trips like Palace, Southend and Coventry!

e-10 you should be welcome in most bars.

it''s a little dif in the states and the UK, most stadiums, bars, etc aren''t split by home/away support. you should be welcome in any bar in the area.

[quote user="e10_yellow"]Coming from the UK for the San Jose and Portland games, driving up the coast between the two. re Portland, their fans group the Timbers Army seem a friendly and enthusiastic bunch so hopefully there''ll be a bar or two near the ground we''ll be welcome in - I''ll try and contact them nearer the time. NY Canaries - will email now to get on that list.

Can''t wait - beats the recent pre-season away trips like Palace, Southend and Coventry![/quote]

Great choice - we are doing the same - recommend going out over Golden Gates Bridge then follow Highway 1 - great drive - watch out for the Redwoods in the road and take a hike to see if you can find a grizzly!

We arr in SF on 19th. Staying at Red Lion on the River in Portland - told 15 mins drive from ground and close to airport.

Can''t wait

Thanks for the tip Yellow Belly - have driven over the Golden Gate on a previous trip to SF but only went a short distance further just to explore. Scenery was fantastic so looking forward to doing the full run all the way up to Portland. Definitely sticking to the coast road wherever possible. I''ll put a City scarf in the back window so beep your horn if you pass us!

So we should arrange a meeting place before the game in portland i will be staying close by the airport should we all try to meet up before the game any ideas ?????

[quote user="Robert Barnes"]So we should arrange a meeting place before the game in portland i will be staying close by the airport should we all try to meet up before the game any ideas ?????[/quote]

Have researched Timbers site and think Paddys at 65 SW Yarmhill St will be good to meet at - for info go to Timbers web site then Pub Partners under Supporters section - I have emailed Paddys to check we would be welcomed. According to their site public transport is nearby to get to Ground. I will update again when I have a reply

[quote user="Robert Barnes"]So we should arrange a meeting place before the game in portland i will be staying close by the airport should we all try to meet up before the game any ideas ?????[/quote]

Have researched Timbers site and think Paddys at 65 SW Yarmhill St will be good to meet at - for info go to Timbers web site then Pub Partners under Supporters section - I have emailed Paddys to check we would be welcomed. According to their site public transport is nearby to get to Ground. I will update again when I have a reply

Paddys pub manager Beth now confirmed all are welcome before the match in Portland. If others wish to meet up suggest this should be a good option. We will be arriving in Portland the day before the game so will probably check it out the night before. See previous post for location. C''mon you Yellows!

Match in Portland 3 weeks tonight. Is anyone who is going up for meeting before game? Paddy Bar looks a good bet to me. Who else will be there?