Sign in to follow this  
Ashton 4 England

FAO - Worthy...

You have to play Shack and Doc in the center of our defence next season.After watching the ROI game, he offers something most of our team doesnt, and thats a real threat in the air.

Agree totally...He made a real difference in the last 15 minutes for the Republic, and he was motivating and encouraging all the way through, definitely should be given a chance to form a partnership was Shackell.

Helveg  Doherty  Shackell  Drury

Make Helveg captain while we''re at it.

[quote]Agree totally...He made a real difference in the last 15 minutes for the Republic, and he was motivating and encouraging all the way through, definitely should be given a chance to form a partnership ...[/quote]

agree with your backline there

Also agree with helveg being captain, Shackell for vice-captain!

Shackell for captain next season!

I was always a little disappointed that wasn''t the line up at the end of last season, particularly after ''The Doc'' got player of the month!

It was indeed nice to see Johnson score for the Swedes yesterday and is certainly one of my favourite players at FCR.  Alot of people enjoy panning Matty but he is an exceptional player being played out of position.  NW seems to buy forwards and tries to turn them into midfielders and alot of players have struggled. 

Rivers was a striker before he came to Norwich and never made an impact on the right.  McVeigh I believe was a striker and only occasionally sparkled in the left of midfield.  Bentley from Arsenal was touted as a forward but played wide right. Arsenal fans I work with tell me he is superb attacking through the middle and is a Scott Parkeresque player when he is in there. 

It seems to me that over the past few years, talented players have been played in alien positions to allow the likes of Holt and Roberts (The old guard) to play week in week out.  I am glad to see a player of Matthias Jonnsons quaility in a Norwich City shirt and he should be played in his most effective position.  (Striker)  I am sure the goals would come as he scored plenty for his old club before joining us.  

When we played Liverpool back in January he was part a three man attack at one point, and looked a different player altogether.  He shielding of the ball was neat and his twisting and turning caused all manner of problems.  He is just the type of player we need up in support of Ashton and McKenzie.  

GK Green/Gallagher

RB  Helveg or New    

CB Shackel (VCapt)      

CB Docherty or (Gabiddon)  

LB Drury/Charlts

DCM  Safri (Best technical midfielder here since Crook/Williams)

RM Tommy Miller (He may be scummer but he knows how to score from distance. or Marc Bircham)

LM Darren Huckerby (Alot to prove for him next season)

STRIKER Matthias Johnson (Play him up front and watch him score)

STRIKER Dean Ashton (Messiah, He is our Alan Shearer, he will get goals every week)                

STRIKER Leon McKenzie (The perfect foil for Ash and a handful)

May be a bit of fantasy football but that would be an awsome team to go into the fizzy league with. 

Rumour has it that both Fleming and Holt have played their last games in a city shirt.  I dearly hope Flem can play a part in helping us up again, but feel for Gary Holt I no longer think he is worthy of a place in Citys Midfield.  

If Green goes we must be greedy and get 4 million plus not a piddly 2.5.  If Francis goes for the reported 3 million, bite Alan Curbishleys arm off.  I cannot go into what I think of Damien Francis''s Fulham performance.  

Sorry about the long winded post and hope at least one person agrees. 

See you all in the fizzy league, 

championes 2004 & 200?.

Morty

[quote]i dont think Helveg will be there[/quote]

So you propose we''re going to keep a player with Helveg''s wages, experience, leadership and not to mention quality, on the bench?

[quote]So you propose we''re going to keep a player with Helveg''s wages, experience, leadership and not to mention quality, on the bench?[/quote]

No I think northern meant that Helveg will leave and go back to Denmark.  Which to be fair, is still a possiblity I think.  However, a backline of Helveg, Doc, Shacks and Drury would be quality in the first Div.  Really really solid.  I''d like another right back to replace Eddy though

[quote]No I think northern meant that Helveg will leave and go back to Denmark. Which to be fair, is still a possiblity I think. However, a backline of Helveg, Doc, Shacks and Drury would be quality in the...[/quote]

Helveg is going nowhere.

At least with the back four I suggested, with the exception of Helveg, they''re all fairly young. Also, they''ve all got decent Premiership experience.

With Jonson and Helveg down the right and Huckerby and Drury down the left, it''s looking decent. Our squad needs filling out though desperately.

[quote]No I think northern meant that Helveg will leave and go back to Denmark. Which to be fair, is still a possiblity I think. However, a backline of Helveg, Doc, Shacks and Drury would be quality in the...[/quote]

My biggest concern would be our lack of marking ability. None of those players can mark whatsoever!

But I do agree, I think the Doc could play a big part in our team, if he could only improve his concentration!

I agree we MUST get a cover right back - dont rely on Holt or Flem worthy! 

That back 4 would be my first choice too and with charlie, Flem and Brennan sitting in the back ground think we only need a right back to be defensively sound.

I cant beleive I am about to type this but I am told by someone who works in the vodaphone shop (I know I know) that Helveg was in there very recently renewing his contract with them for a further 12 months.  Bearing in mind denmark look like they will NOT qualify for the world cup next summer and he looks like he has no competition for right back perhaps he will be staying after all...

(ZLF Hangs head in shame...)

OTBC  

[quote]I agree we MUST get a cover right back - dont rely on Holt or Flem worthy! That back 4 would be my first choice too and with charlie, Flem and Brennan sitting in the back ground think we only need a...[/quote]

Top quality rumour ZLF! That''s great!  I really thought Helveg would''ve left by now to go back to Denmark.  However, even if he doesn''t we need another right back.  Helveg mised a fair few games last season due to injury and I wouldn''t want to have to play Charlie or Fleming there.  Heaven forbid!

I''m struggling to come up with a decent right back - any suggestions? Others I would like to see at Carrow Rd are; Valgaeren (experienced & big!), Lunt (experienced, calm, captain), Jagielka (solid, committed, experienced), Commons (left footed, quick, scores goals) and possibly Kelvin Wilson from Luton (similar to Shacks - good potential).