Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Vydra Signed?

I''m glad the rumours of us being in for him have re surfaced again, really rate him, ruthless finisher and bags of pace, him behind rvw would be lethal.

Live near Watford so went to Tuesday night matches. Followed the club closely cus the whole Pozzo thing fascinates me. I didn''t watch every single Watford game, of course, but have a better indication of what he''s like than I do with any other champ player.

stupid question, Cambridge. fuck off

I don''t think it was a stupid question because I am sure others were thinking the same. So you didn''t watch Watford all season, just the occasional midweek game? Clearly enough for you to have your opinion of the player.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8fX0vd4Gjw[/quote]

Made me think, remember being in the Barclays watching the flight of the ball just know it was heading for goal.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unEPlwdCXs0

No need for that Snoddy. It was genuine curiosity. You did say you watched Watford all last season. I didn''t read that to mean the odd Tuesday night game.

I am unable to put thoughts of Tamas Priskin out of my mind when thinking of Vydra.

A slight Eastern European player who made his name by briefly scoring a lot for Watford, he cost 1p5wich a few millions yet flopped completely at the ''Loo.

I would hope that Vydra is a far better prospect than our Tamas, who had the added handicap of being a Roy Keane signing, but the situation begs caution.

Saw him in the Champs play-offs and he did nothing to impress in those games. Totally overpriced at 9m IMO.

[quote user="Eadie4England"]great finisher and rapid pace. we need some pace in the team[/quote]I thought Vaughan had those attributes, scored goals in the Champs etc but I can''t see Vaughan worth 9m.  [:D]

Thing is Paul, Vaughan is injury prone, older and didn''t like it in the fine city. This lad shows promise and with the right coaching (Hoots not the other two) could be a damn good investment

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]£9m is a lot to spend on a ''could be developed'' player, IMO.[/quote]
Agreed, put''s far too much pressure on young shoulders. Would have the potential to be our Connor Wickham (or indeed, our Borini).
The list of young players who look excellent in the Championship and crud in the Premier League include one Harry Kane.
For £9m I''d be expecting a 24 to 28 year old with a solid and consistent goalscoring record in one of the top five or six European leagues. 

I do sometimes wonder if people actually watch games?!

The play off game between watford and leicester at Vicarage Road, Vydra was immense,

The volley over the shoulder was as good as RvP´s goals against Villa.

Personally really like him as a player and would be ideal to take over the Hoolahan role. Definitely knows where the net is, has v good technique and can link up the play.

Having said that i don´t know how Udinese can justify 9million. He´s good, certainly has a lot of potential but anything more than 6-7 is really pushing it.

Yet we are in need of a player of his ilk, have the cash to spend and in a season or two he could well be worth double the amount. It´s a risk, but aren´t all big fees??

Presume Vydra''s two goals in the semi-final second leg to put Watford through including a superb volley wasn''t impressive, Paul?

Or do you mean you just watched the final, where he was carrying a knock and taken off early on in the second-half, which, in truth, cost Watford promotion.