Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Vydra Signed?

It''s only Tw*tter but our youth player Ben Wyatt just retweeted a tweet from @ITKpremier. I looked on their page and it says:

"CONFIRMED: Norwich City have signed Matej Vydra from Udinese for a fee starting at £9m and rising to £12m".

Could be rubbish but I guess we''ll find out soon enough.

Also seems to have removed it, surely he will get a wrist slapping over a situation like this, even though he is a young lad, it''s still his clubs business, saying that I would LOVE Vydra here!!

Plus looking through the previous tweets (we know its a long shot anyway) supposedly Becchio is on his way back to leeds and alonso has gone to chelsea...Good laugh though!

Load of rubbish!

Just another ITK twitter profile obviously made up

Just looked further into the account. He has made a lot of predications in just a few days. It looks less like he''s in the know and more a case of ''throw enough mud and some will stick''.

Probably shouldn''t have posted this originally. Apologies.

Is he really worth 9 million and if it was true would we be happy to pay that on a unproven player at this level?

We only paid 8.5 million for a proven Dutch international.

We didn''t get RvW at full price either, I think they wanted about £10m in Jan wasn''t it? and he buyout was about 19m I think so we got Ricky at a cut price IMO.

Admittedly I know very little about the Vydra, but if £9-12m is considered a good price for someone who was prolific for half a season in the championship, then had a quiet 2nd half the season. Surely the money being touted for Hooper (around £5-6m) is a bargain. Other than age they seem like a similar standard of player (Again, must say, I''m going off stats here as never seen either of these guys play)

I''m all for investig in young players and I will be happy should he come here, I''m pretty sure that Hughton and the scouts have done a far better job then us mere mortals who make judgements off a few highlights from last season.

I just think anything more than 5 or 6 million is a bit of a risk but then that is modern football for you.

He''ll take one look at our fixtures and realise there are much more exciting than the other teams who are interested in him, its a done deal.

So this guy has only played a handful of games in the Czech league and a season at Watford (bar a couple of games in Belgium and at Udinese).

How the bejeezus is he allegedly worth £9mill?!

Blimey, if we have got so much cash to spunk on players surely there''s better options for that amount!

[quote user="swindoncanary"]When I watched him play for Watford, he was driving me nuts with some of his errors, No Thanks ![/quote]

OH MY GOD!!!

A 20 year old footballer making errors in what was pretty much his first full season of first team football. How dare he. Should be the perfect footballer by age of 20. (And yes he was 20, turned 21 early May)

Watched Watford all season last year and he was the absolute nuts until he got about 20 goals.

After that, he was quite poor each game. I would love him here, but the figure of £9-12mil is just a bit too much to be honest.

Hooper for 5 is far better value

I didn''t watch him until his poor patch, and I have to disagree with some of the posters so far because I was amazed at just how much he contributed in his overall play, even though he wasn''t in great form.I think he''d be a great player in the future and a good investment, but to be honest there''s nothing solid in this yet. If we did get him, I''d like to see what he''s like utilised as competition for Hoolahan. From what I''ve seen, he drops deep a lot, and is very good linking up and passing. He also scores a lot of his goals by running through from a deep position.