Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Buy-backs

A twitter question to McNally:"How much is the buy back from the club for match day season tickets this season?"McNally''s answer:"The system is changing, will announce soon."

Good.The current system is so utterly ridiculous that I should imagine very few people even bother.

[quote user="morty"]Good.The current system is so utterly ridiculous that I should imagine very few people even bother.[/quote]

Oh morty, I never had you pegged as being that naive! 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]Good.The current system is so utterly ridiculous that I should imagine very few people even bother.[/quote]

[/quote]Eh?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]Eh?[/quote]You are assuming the changes will make it less ridiculous! I wouldn''t bank on that being the case at all...[:P]For what it is worth I do bother with the system, so I await the changes with interest.

I have NEVER purchased nor sold through this system, so how it works is beyond me. Normally there are so many people clambering for tickets that it is easy to pass to a mate - how much do you even get back at the moment?

I have bought a ticket on buy back, Reading at home, last season

was glad of the service! and the generosity of the fan as well. I think they get back £10 a game off the cost of your next season ticket.

Wow - and how much were you charged? IF you were to do it and want paying for it. You could get far more by selling it to someone you know at even 50% off!! Sounds like with the current system the club is getting two lots of ticket money in!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

was glad of the service! and the generosity of the fan as well. I think they get back £10 a game off the cost of your next season ticket.

[/quote]I could be wrong, but I don''t even think its that much.

I was charged £40,

you dont pay for every game on your season ticket if you work out the cost over the number of matches.. so essentially the club have paid you £10 to miss it.

I bought a ticket from the buy back window against Sheffield Wednesday but that was about 5 years ago. Now if my season ticket is available I will sell it to a friend.

Glad it''s changing, the present system doesn''t work. I work away, and when the regular friends can''t make it, I usually put my 2 lower Barclay season tickets up for buyback. In several years I have had zero discounts on the new season tickets. I thought it was meant to be a fiver if your seat gets sold?

£10 to miss the game, it costs roughly £31 per game for the ST. SO a markup of £21. I am all for the club making an administrative markup on this, even a profit, but £21.00 per ticket, tad steep. Almost scalperesque.

I am glad McNally has hinted at a shuffle on this system. One that makes the club more money (as people will be using it more) but means that the ST holder has an incentive to use it - we all know that £10.00 is not the true market value of an unused ST.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]I could be wrong, but I don''t even think its that much.[/quote]

I think these were the buy-back rates a couple of seasons ago. They may have changed in the meantime. Apart from anything else in the season just gone we had an A* category as well as A, B and C.Grade A matches: £10 adults, £7 concessions and £5 for under-12s.Grade B matches: £7 adults, £4 concessions and £2 for under-12s.Grade C matches: £5 adults, £3 concessions and £1 for under-12s

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]I could be wrong, but I don''t even think its that much.[/quote]

I think these were the buy-back rates a couple of seasons ago. They may have changed in the meantime. Apart from anything else in the season just gone we had an A* category as well as A, B and C.Grade A matches: £10 adults, £7 concessions and £5 for under-12s.Grade B matches: £7 adults, £4 concessions and £2 for under-12s.Grade C matches: £5 adults, £3 concessions and £1 for under-12s

[/quote]

I think McNally must have been too long in the sun because if that £10 figure was correct for last season then the top rate has doubled! A* and A games now provide a refund of £20 for adults.But it seems the match grading system is getting ever more complicated. The season before last it was A, B and C. Then A*, A, B and C. Now just the seven categories - A+, A, B+, B, C+, C and D.

It''s all very well sqeaking about how the club is spivving you all, but it can''t work the way some of you think it should.Offer a high price on a buy back and what''s to stop fans with season tickets simply selling all the crud games and only attending the top games in the knowledge that 12 games at £30 could leave them paying around £15£20 to watch Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea. Liverpool, Man City

of course the club knows that folk simply pass on their ticket when they cannot go, but it also cannot be seen to be offering an incentive not to go to games

you have entered a contract, try asking sky if you can have some money back because you don''t watch all the games