Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

secret Carrow Road expansion happening right now....?

So...I have a source, who will only be referred to as Mr X, who visited Carrow Road today on business, business that cannot be discussed on here.Mr X arrived to find the Jarrold Stand engulfed in fresh scaffolding, Mr X''s guide for the day, who will only be referred to as Mrs X, told Mr X that construction had started on the addition of a new upper tier, thus increasing ground capacity.Photo proof below...

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2q8d0g4.jpg[/IMG]

So does anyone know what is really going on behind the sealed doors of Carrow Road right now? Or has the wool been pulled firmly over all of our eyes...?

- N''R''U, signing off.

Aren''t they putting in a new TV gantry that stretches the length of the stand?Sorry to blow the conspiracy theory[:(]

[quote user="NRU"]Are they Morty?  Or is that just what they WANT you to think?[/quote]OMG, you could well be onto something.We have all been duped, good and proper.

[quote user="wes the wizzard"]to me that looks like a picture taken when the jarrold was first put up. [/quote]I can confirm 100% that the photo was taken today on an unidentified mobile device.

[quote user="wes the wizzard"]to me that looks like a picture taken when the jarrold was first put up. [/quote]Well clearly not when the Jarrold was first built because the Aviva Community Corner  or whatever it''s called wouldn''t be there! Definitely not someone with a long-term memory...

it is work being carried out on the TV gantryapparently Alan Brazil has been signed up to be a match ''summariser'' and so the whole place has to be reinforcedif you were to have looked across the carpark you will have seen Morrisons fitting extra wide doors as well

The TV gantry extension was announced a couple of weeks back and has to be completed to conform to new Premier League regulations.Sorry, but a ground expansion it aint.

Morty and Ricardo are right. It''s the new Press gantry as described a couple of weeks ago. You could call it an expansion though, as they are adding an extra 30 seats where the old gantry was taken out!

They are only freeing up 30 seats (where journos used to be) not adding any seats.

On the expansion front it would require planning permission (which they don''t have) which would be freely available and heavily run by local news.

The TV gantry is to extend to the full length of the Jarrold and continue around the facade of the hotel thus providing a viewing area for those reading at the Inn.

This recent change to the plans has been attributed to a long standing and highly regarded Pinkun poster whose visionary thinking has influenced the latest design!

Nothing new either, its been that way for a while now. It was like that when I played there on the 31st May.

Yeah, but it will be better angles so at least you can sleep knowing that when you do catch the highlights or whatever you will be able to get better pictures of the game . . . . or so you''d hope.

I think it''s more to do with teams possibly being on TV on one format or the other more often next season.

So there will be the Sky, BBC and BT cameras plus the club ones and whoever else.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Ricky"]Residing[/quote]Did you hear anything about peppercorns?[/quote]

Peppercorn rent would that be?

[quote user="nulli secundus"]Hope they''re finished by Tuesday. Some of those poles look very close to where I''ll be sitting![/quote]

I''m sorry Nulli, but you can''t single out Eastern European people, if Poles want to sit near you they can.

Are unmarked airplanes situated in unmarkedhangars at the airport? They may be ferrying in and out foreign labor for the top secret stadium expansion.

There''s got to be some unused warehouse space near the stadium where mostly-preassembled upper deck sections are stored, ready to be bolted on to the existing stand and anchored to the foundation by Tuesday evening.

It''s perfectly reasonable to think that''s what''s going on when you break it down into a few workable steps.

[quote user="Vanwink"]The TV gantry is to extend to the full length of the Jarrold and continue around the facade of the hotel thus providing a viewing area for those reading at the Inn.

This recent change to the plans has been attributed to a long standing and highly regarded Pinkun poster whose visionary thinking has influenced the latest design![/quote]

^ Confused by this. ^

The gantry is at high level. Are those residing at the hotel supposed to climb out of their windows to get onto the gantry?

Or have I missed something?

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

[quote user="Vanwink"]The TV gantry is to extend to the full length of the Jarrold and continue around the facade of the hotel thus providing a viewing area for those reading at the Inn.

This recent change to the plans has been attributed to a long standing and highly regarded Pinkun poster whose visionary thinking has influenced the latest design![/quote]

^ Confused by this. ^

The gantry is at high level. Are those residing at the hotel supposed to climb out of their windows to get onto the gantry?

Or have I missed something?

[/quote]

I gather the Holiday Inn will be providing crampons and pitons for the upward jouney, and ropes so the guests can simply abseil back down to their open windows at the end of the match.

Oh "crampons" , I misread it at first.;-)