Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Ola Toivonen

And I can''t believe that a professional footballer in a European country has never heard of us - that is just nonsense and a smokescreen. If he really, genuinely has no knowledge of Norwich City as a football club then he is a very stupid, unprofessional man and I want nothing to do with him.

Its nothing to do with arrogance - just basic knowledge of the industry you work in. It would be like Grant Holt admitting he had never heard of someone like Getafe or Braga. We are on their television 6 times a year for heavens sake!

[quote user="sgncfc"]

And I can''t believe that a professional footballer in a European country has never heard of us - that is just nonsense and a smokescreen. If he really, genuinely has no knowledge of Norwich City as a football club then he is a very stupid, unprofessional man and I want nothing to do with him.

Its nothing to do with arrogance - just basic knowledge of the industry you work in. It would be like Grant Holt admitting he had never heard of someone like Getafe or Braga. We are on their television 6 times a year for heavens sake!

[/quote]If anything it shows how professional he  is [;)]Been focussed on his own team.. [:P]

[quote user="ncfc2012"]toivonen has rejected the move according to PSV reporter on twitter[/quote]

An observation I made on the "Leroy Fer decision on Friday" thread:

kick it off wrote:

Funny, I just read an article from Dutch press saying agent had confirmed deal and fer will be unveiled by Friday....

http://totaldutch.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/fer-set-to-join-canaries/

Interesting final sentence to the article:

One current Eredivisie player, not joining Fer at Norwich is PSV’s Swedish international striker Ola Toivonen, he has no interest in joining and is aiming his sights higher than a team that finished 11th in the Premier League last term.

I couldn''t say whether it is true or not, but if he has made himself a "wannaway" at PSV and is allowing these kind of comments to be attributed to him, he may find himself out on a limb - feeling he''s too good for whatever is out there, but without having a "back up" club to go to!

[quote user="sgncfc"]

[/quote]

He didn''t say that. He said he didn''t know MUCH about us. And that, he said, was because he didn''t lounge around at home watching football on television. More than that he said he didn''t have the channels that showed English football. So we are not on his television six times a year. We are not on his television any times a year.  You do understand that some people don''t have satellite televsion?

Heh you guys are a bit harsh with him. This will be probably his last time to try to get in a big team because of his age, so no wonder he takes his time for it.

It is nothing against us really, but if he makes 4 or 5 year deal with us, he risks that he is over 30 next time we would let him move for big money, glory of european games and real chance of silverware,

You have to remember that this is their profession.

That said he is a bit arrogant as a person, but sometimes that arrogance and even pure idiocy makes player a better. Slatan, RvP, Rooney, C.Ronaldo etc are all a bit of cnuts ;)

[quote user="Lavanche"]Heh you guys are a bit harsh with him. This will be probably his last time to try to get in a big team because of his age, so no wonder he takes his time for it.

It is nothing against us really, but if he makes 4 or 5 year deal with us, he risks that he is over 30 next time we would let him move for big money, glory of european games and real chance of silverware,

You have to remember that this is their profession.

That said he is a bit arrogant as a person, but sometimes that arrogance and even pure idiocy makes player a better. Slatan, RvP, Rooney, C.Ronaldo etc are all a bit of cnuts ;)[/quote]

Agreed.

As mentioned in other posts, gone are the times where players would move to Norwich because they wanted to play at a higher standard and we were a big move, now we are trying to attract players that are playing for teams in Europe and good standard national sides.....

Put it into your shoes....if you were told of interest from teams playing in Europe and Norwich have bidded, would you hold out?

Yes to be honest I would hold out, but after 5 weeks I''d realise nobody else wants me, I suppose PSV would be a good training camp for him with his nice wage instead of trying to build something at '' little old norwich '' as we''ve been touted for years

Michael Bailey says.... "Given Mr Toivonen never really seemed keen, no surprise noises in Netherlands are he''s not coming to #ncfc. Win some, lose some. Move on."Shame, he sounded like a proper pain in the ar$e. Could have been a cult hero, or just a word like cult.

[quote user="sgncfc"]

[/quote]

No it wouldn''t as Getafe are a solid midtable team in Spain and Braga have played in the Champions league it would be more like saying haven''t heard of Guingamp or Evian in France. Or Augsburg or Nurnberg in Germany. Get the idea? Norwich are really very small. Haven''t achieved anything special. It doesn''t matter how many times on the television it''s there is nothing to make us stand out like say Swansea.

toivonen agent has said he doesn''t know why he won''t join Norwich, could be something in this still

[quote user="pilksfanclub"][quote user="sgncfc"]

[/quote]

No it wouldn''t as Getafe are a solid midtable team in Spain and Braga have played in the Champions league it would be more like saying haven''t heard of Guingamp or Evian in France. Or Augsburg or Nurnberg in Germany. Get the idea? Norwich are really very small. Haven''t achieved anything special. It doesn''t matter how many times on the television it''s there is nothing to make us stand out like say Swansea.[/quote]Why do Swansea stand out more than us? They''ve won less than us for God sake!!! We are a fairly small team, but we aren''t tiny! If we played against Evian or Guingamp, we would win by a very comfortable scoreline, so I''m really struggling to see what you are saying?!

[quote user="ncfc2012"]toivonen agent has said he doesn''t know why he won''t join Norwich, could be something in this still[/quote]
I think we should give him a deadline then. Sign by next Wednesday or we move on to another target.
Can''t we bring Tim Cahill back? 

[quote user="ryanncfc"][quote user="pilksfanclub"][quote user="sgncfc"]

[/quote]

No it wouldn''t as Getafe are a solid midtable team in Spain and Braga have played in the Champions league it would be more like saying haven''t heard of Guingamp or Evian in France. Or Augsburg or Nurnberg in Germany. Get the idea? Norwich are really very small. Haven''t achieved anything special. It doesn''t matter how many times on the television it''s there is nothing to make us stand out like say Swansea.[/quote]Why do Swansea stand out more than us? They''ve won less than us for God sake!!! We are a fairly small team, but we aren''t tiny! If we played against Evian or Guingamp, we would win by a very comfortable scoreline, so I''m really struggling to see what you are saying?![/quote]
The one thing that I can think of is Michael Laudrup. It is always easier to attract players if your manager was one of the best players of his generation. 

The agent would say that. He''d prefer any move over no move at all.

And he knows his client sitting in the reserves is only going to devalue him.

[quote user="chicken"]The agent would say that. He''d prefer any move over no move at all.

And he knows his client sitting in the reserves is only going to devalue him.[/quote]
True that, he wants a big slice of the signing on fee. 

[quote user="pilksfanclub"][quote user="sgncfc"]

[/quote] No it wouldn''t as Getafe are a solid midtable team in Spain and Braga have played in the Champions league it would be more like saying haven''t heard of Guingamp or Evian in France. Or Augsburg or Nurnberg in Germany. Get the idea? Norwich are really very small. Haven''t achieved anything special. It doesn''t matter how many times on the television it''s there is nothing to make us stand out like say Swansea.[/quote]

Very strange opinion. First of all you are replying to a post in which the original poster clearly can''t read as he has never stated he hasn''t heard of Norwich, he just doesn''t know a lot about us because he only saw one premier league game last season, that would suggest he doesn''t know a lot about any of the teams.

And Norwich are really very small and we don''t stand out like Swansea???

In terms of size of fanbase, we are easily in the top 10 in the premier league.....

Swansea are more attractive this summer as they have europa league to offer,  which gives increased visibility - thats what players are looking at.

I am sure we compete with swansea in other terms of attractiveness,  but laudrup has won something for them in the last couple of years - we have not.

I am not unhappy with who we have signed and am sure we will get the strikers we want.   Rejections are normal and should not let one affect our confidence in the progress our management team haev made 

ZLF wrote - "I am not unhappy with who we have signed and am sure we will get the strikers we want. Rejections are normal and should not let one affect our confidence in the progress our management team have made "

Looks like we are at the cat''n''mouse stage in transfer dealings now. We may have to wait a while for the rest I''m thinking.

Agreed JG;  there is a lot of testing the ground at the moment,  we are targetting players above our usual level.   The early flurry of signings has left fans impatient - but plenty of time left yet. And  BethnalY&Gs summary on another thread summing it up well. 

I suspect we will sign another striker permanently and a loan one too - am sure we will get the permanent before the start of the season but the loanee may be closer to the close of the window as clubs wait to see if better options come to fruition. 

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="pilksfanclub"][quote user="sgncfc"]

[/quote] No it wouldn''t as Getafe are a solid midtable team in Spain and Braga have played in the Champions league it would be more like saying haven''t heard of Guingamp or Evian in France. Or Augsburg or Nurnberg in Germany. Get the idea? Norwich are really very small. Haven''t achieved anything special. It doesn''t matter how many times on the television it''s there is nothing to make us stand out like say Swansea.[/quote]

Very strange opinion. First of all you are replying to a post in which the original poster clearly can''t read as he has never stated he hasn''t heard of Norwich, he just doesn''t know a lot about us because he only saw one premier league game last season, that would suggest he doesn''t know a lot about any of the teams.

And Norwich are really very small and we don''t stand out like Swansea???

In terms of size of fanbase, we are easily in the top 10 in the premier league.....

[/quote]

Norwich''s fan base isn''t top 10. Swansea stand out due to manager, trophy, european football and to a lesser extent the style of football. Norwich don''t stand out at all there is nothing particularly special which makes us stand out compared to other premier league teams. In terms of the permier league we are small.

Look at how we end up in the odds before a season. We are always one of the favourites to go down. Do we deserve to be treated like a newly promoted team? No, Norwich are better than them. I don''t see why our odds aren''t in line with Villa etc

When I say I don''t see I should clarify i don''t think it is in line with the standard of our squad and finishes the last two seasons. We are there because we are seen as a bit small

[quote user="pilksfanclub"]Look at how we end up in the odds before a season. We are always one of the favourites to go down. Do we deserve to be treated like a newly promoted team? No, Norwich are better than them. I don''t see why our odds aren''t in line with Villa etc[/quote]Stupid post! The odds reflect the amount of money placed on each team, NOT the bookie''s view of how high or low clubs will finish in the league.

The bookies have to set the initial odds when they open the book. Despite what some may say they just do not adjust the odds according to money placed, there is some degree of manipulation by them.

[quote user="pilksfanclub"]I don''t see why our odds aren''t in line with Villa etc[/quote][quote user="pilksfanclub"]money is or isn''t put on us because we are seen as small.[/quote]Surely you''ve answered your own question.