Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Ola Toivonen

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]He sounds a tad luke warm in his enthusiasm,[/quote]

That has worried me too Yorkshire.[/quote]

That''s  it then Wiz.....TOIVONEN OUT!

i think we need to cut the bloke a bit of slack here?. He''s playing for PSV who''ve just finished runners up in Holland and will be in the Champions league next season. If he''s going to give all that up he needs to be sure he''s making the right move, he''s admitted he knows very little about us , and afterall ,why would he?....he wants an opportunity to talk and find out.

I have absolutely no problem with any of what''s gone on - we''re going for a decent international player who quite reasonably isn''t just going to drop everything without seeing what''s what. If/when we get him over and he sees what we''re about we''ll find out whether it is for him: if he ''gets'' us then great, if not then so be it; those throwing their arms up at him are totally missing the point, we have no idea how much cajoling it took to get RVW, for instance.

It''s the thin end of the wedge as far as I''m concerned.  Soon he''ll be telling us his family are more important to him than his team-mates, and that playing for us is a good opportunity to get noticed by a bigger club.  I just don''t know if we want that kind of professional footballer on our team. 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I have absolutely no problem with any of what''s gone on - we''re going for a decent international player who quite reasonably isn''t just going to drop everything without seeing what''s what. If/when we get him over and he sees what we''re about we''ll find out whether it is for him: if he ''gets'' us then great, if not then so be it; those throwing their arms up at him are totally missing the point, we have no idea how much cajoling it took to get RVW, for instance.[/quote]

It has been quite bizarre. Totally reasonable remarks by Toivonen turned on their heads. A kind of insular arrogance actually. How dare this player not know all about us? How dare he try to have a life when he should be staying at home watching football on the TV?

59 goals in 125 appearances for PSV since 2009. Impressive !!We need to move in quickly with a good offer and not beat around the bush, otherwise he will be going elsewhere.  

As great as the signing of RvW is, I think it could fall flat if we don''t strengthen the midfield as well. Snods and Pilks have chipped in with a decent number, but CM has contributed very little until Howson''s late flourish. Toivenon does score goals from mid-field, and even if the rate drops a bit in the PL, it''s still going to make a difference if he signs. OK he''s not quick, but he reads the game well, passes well and gets forward to set up and score goals. That''s good enough for me.

i think you are all old enough now to know not believe everything you read in the papers, the press have a habit of re writing peoples words, especially with people whos first language isnt english, things can go missing in translation, one misplaced/misused word and it completely changes the intended tone.chinese whispers for grown ups/people that should know better

give him a break he hasnt even signed yet, if he turns up and scores 20 goals he can say what he likes

**know not TO believe

edit button please!!!! this must be the only board on the entire internet without one

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Paul Moy: We have.[/quote]We have with regard the transfer fee, but I''m referring to salary. That won''t have been discussed yet so all I''m saying is let''s make a salary offer he can''t refuse so he won''t look elsewhere. 

Hahaha this thread is comedy gold! Because he hasn''t bowed down and come running for the mighty football titans Norwich, then he obviously has a bad attitude and has already let us down. We have what, a paragraph worth of quotes from him, where he says he is on holiday and doesn''t really know much about the club... Fair enough. Would you drop everything and start a new job at place you don''t really know in another country? Footballers still have familes etc and its not as easy decision as many would think. I like the sound of him, not quick to jump at EPL riches and more interested to play for a team who plays real football... And that before an impressive record for Psv

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I would really like us to sign this player for, despite all the little bits and pieces of doubt that have arisen, elsewhere (such as in this article to a limited degree) and on this Forum. I feel that he would be a good fit for us at the moment. A lot of his qualities tick our requirements box IMO and, like GH, feel he might,  just might, become a fan''s favourite.

The price seems about right too, but I wouldn''t wish us to push the boat out much further for him as things stand.

Him and RVW leading our attacking options seems quite mouth watering, especially with a rampant Grant Holt waiting in the wings should we need a Lambert style onslaught with twenty to go. 

[/quote]

Does Hughton do rampant attacking?

[quote user="Evesham Canary"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I would really like us to sign this player for, despite all the little bits and pieces of doubt that have arisen, elsewhere (such as in this article to a limited degree) and on this Forum. I feel that he would be a good fit for us at the moment. A lot of his qualities tick our requirements box IMO and, like GH, feel he might,  just might, become a fan''s favourite.

The price seems about right too, but I wouldn''t wish us to push the boat out much further for him as things stand.

Him and RVW leading our attacking options seems quite mouth watering, especially with a rampant Grant Holt waiting in the wings should we need a Lambert style onslaught with twenty to go. 

[/quote]

Does Hughton do rampant attacking?

[/quote]I''m really surprised that anybody needs to ask such a stupid question !! [:P]

[quote user="birchfest"]Hahaha this thread is comedy gold! Because he hasn''t bowed down and come running for the mighty football titans Norwich, then he obviously has a bad attitude and has already let us down. We have what, a paragraph worth of quotes from him, where he says he is on holiday and doesn''t really know much about the club... Fair enough. Would you drop everything and start a new job at place you don''t really know in another country? Footballers still have familes etc and its not as easy decision as many would think. I like the sound of him, not quick to jump at EPL riches and more interested to play for a team who plays real football... And that before an impressive record for Psv[/quote]

It''s a pretty fair bet that if Toivonen had received an offer from any of the following five clubs - Wolfsburg, Cagliari, Levante, Nice or Amkar Perm'' - he would  have said just what he said about Norwich. That he didn''t know too much about the club and would need time to consider his options.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]He sounds a tad luke warm in his enthusiasm,[/quote]

That has worried me too Yorkshire.[/quote]

That''s  it then Wiz.....TOIVONEN OUT!

[/quote]

Woah there young Lapps, I''m not doubting his ability as A player, just that he appears a tad arrogant..................do we need that attitude in our dressing room?

Either someone has an inside line or they are a bit miffed about him wanting to leave;

PSVtweets @ _psvtweets 22m

Ola Toivonen has refused his contract with the English Norwich. "It''s not my dream club." Toivonen said

"Woah there young Lapps, I''m not doubting his ability as A player, just that he appears a tad arrogant..................do we need that attitude in our dressing room?"

"Being totally deaf Til, if a person doesn''t keep strict eye contact with me I can''t read their lips, at forums, it would be virtually impossible for me to ''hear'' anything............but you already knew that didn''t you?"- wiz

"being totally deaf"

"Here''s the orignal song and speed:

http://youtu.be/jPVn9eLOkF0"- wiz

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Either someone has an inside line or they are a bit miffed about him wanting to leave;

PSVtweets @ _psvtweets 22m

Ola Toivonen has refused his contract with the English Norwich. "It''s not my dream club." Toivonen said[/quote]

He''s got 78 followers ..... another tweet is this Martin Sjögren @ martinsjogren93 22m

So Martin Olsson and Ola Toivonen On their way to Norwich. It would be nice with 2 new swedes in PL.

Tweet from Toivonen''s agent today...

@bart_hoffman34s 
"Geen ontwikkelingen nu, over een aantal dagen meer." "No developments now, in a few days more."

He''s still on the beach.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Tweet from Toivonen''s agent today...

@bart_hoffman34s 

"Geen ontwikkelingen nu, over een aantal dagen meer." "No developments now, in a few days more."

[/quote]

Quote from Holt''s agent today : 

"Eee''s rahht oop north at t''moment, on t''oliday wit t''kids so nowt t''report." -  He''s staying at Norwich, no problem.

Dr. Ink wrote - "Tweet from Toivonen''s agent today...

@bart_hoffman34s

He''s still on the beach."

Bart Hoffman is a Eindhoven based reporter and was just relaying the message.