Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Ola Toivonen

I don''t think that McNally and co. are that amateurish that they would start making offers and then pull out if something else crops up. At the moment there is nothing to say we are still after Hooper except for the intuition of a couple of partisan journos.

Nice comment on the Mirror site "i''m Swedish, and Toivonen is probably the worst player to ever have played for Swedens national team. Completely useless, he never runs, he never scores. and his passing is dreadful"

I must admit usually everyone looks good on YouTube but he somehow looks sh*te. I would prefer Hooper but I trust Hughton''s judgement.

Should have gone to Specsavers;

06/07 24 games 3 goals 3 assists

07/08 28 games 15 goals 4 assists

08/09 21 games 9 goals 7 assists

09/10 55 games 15 goals 6 assists

10/11 54 games 23 goals 11 assists

11/12 56 games 28 goals 5 assists

12/13 29 games 10 goals 5 assists

This would be a very good signing and would be very good competition for Hoolahan in that 2nd striker/Free role. all too often against the more physical teams Hoolahan would struggle, this guy is a beast. Kei was a beast too but had nowhere near the technique this guy has. Was always concerned over our chase of Hooper, who is way overpriced. $ Million for Ola would be a steal.

This page has been translated from Indonesian;

BANDAR CBO855 - OLA Toivonen TRANSFERRED TO NORWICH CITY | SBOBET gambling, 338A, ibcbet, GD88, SOA888, ASIAPOKER77, CBO855, NIKEBET

BANDAR CBO855 - PSV Eindhoven Management recognizes indirectly justify claims Norwich City have agreed to get the Swede, Ola Toivonen. Due to a lot of English and Spanish giants are keen to take him home. However, due to more favorable offer from Norwich and more lucrative, then Ola started to follow City. PSV before mengultimatum that 26-year-old player to renew his contract, or put in a junior team next season because of contract with PSV Toivonen one year left to live, and striker it wanted to leave the Philips Stadion. Toivonen was difficult to get the new berths. Due protested the club''s policy of giving bandrol too high for him. Despite protests, Norwich was mentioned already agreed to transfer Toivonen. "There are some clubs that are interested and there is also a serious Norwich City," said technical director Marcel Brands told Voetbal International. By: BANDAR CBO855

Friend who is a big PSV fan and watches them every week texted me this yesterday:

"Very annoying player for opponents. Can play really well but has games where he does not turn up."

Apparently Swansea are in for him too... this could put the whole thing in doubt as they''re playing european football next season...

And a follow up text states: "He is our best attacking midfielder. Has he fulfilled his potential? No. Not yet!"

BREAKING NEWS. Psv sporting director has just confirmed that Norwich have asked for permission to discuss personal terms with this guy. Down to McNally now.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Apparently Swansea are in for him too... this could put the whole thing in doubt as they''re playing european football next season...[/quote]

Swansea would certainly tick the box for his want to play for a passing team. Not sure we do based on a lot of last year!!!!

it doesn''t really seem like this transfer is going to happen anymore.

1) same agent as Olsson and Rosenberg at WBA, who are also interested

2) Toivonen not a fan of the long-ball, which is what we do

3) Russian clubs reportedly interested

PSV have obviously leaked news of his inevitable departure to drum up interest and spark a bidding war, which we will certainly not win on both the outright fee and personal terms fronts.

Great player watched him many times but I''m sure will be so many interested teams and hardly he will choose us...

I like the sound of him, abit of fire in his personality is fine, doubt he is anymore if a handful than holt. I think we have a good chance and we definitely aren''t a long ball side, what''s more I think our philosophy is changing towards an even more creative style with RVW coming in who will require through balls on the deck and service to his feet in the box.

I don''t agree on several of those points Snoddy''s Jockstrap - we certainly aren''t long ball, we mix it up as most sides do; Fulham were strongly rumoured before us (at £2m or so), as we''re WBA; also,not sure as to the agent thing, he''ll go for where he gets most money.

I don''t know if we''ll get him (or indeed if we want him more than a long list of others), but don''t see anything particularly either for us or against us in what has happened to date.

Evidently he has been answering some City fans'' tweets - so it could all be down to the Y''Army!!

I''ve been on PSVs message board and Google Translated what their fans have been saying since Monday.Firstly most have never heard of Norwich, but have heard of Swansea, they''re suprised we have had similar league finishing positions to them. But they clealry did some digging and were impressed with Van Wolfswinkel signing, he is highly rated.Then there is a split, some are saying to sell Toivonen to us for €5.5million is great business and they should accept asap given their financial trouble. Others are saying he is under valued and was worth double that last season before his contract trouble. No real opinion on how good he is or whether they will miss him. Nothing on him being a badboy.After watching him underwhelm against the Faroe Islands last night, the opinions of some Swedish people on Twitter who don''t rate him in the national squad, and various sources for his attitude problems I''m not sold. It''s a lot of money to spend, he''d be our second biggest signing ever so I''d like to see the money wisely spent.In the board, Hoot and the scouts we must trust.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I don''t agree on several of those points Snoddy''s Jockstrap - we certainly aren''t long ball, we mix it up as most sides do; Fulham were strongly rumoured before us (at £2m or so), as we''re WBA; also,not sure as to the agent thing, he''ll go for where he gets most money.

I don''t know if we''ll get him (or indeed if we want him more than a long list of others), but don''t see anything particularly either for us or against us in what has happened to date.[/quote]

A point about the agents is that it''s Martin Dahlin, who was a high-quality player. Obviously his main job is to secure the best financial deal, but he may also give advice on which club he thinks would suit Toivonen the most. I have no idea which he might recommend.

I think we''re certainly more long ball than WBA and Fulham from a neutral perspective. We literally hoof it high on every single kick off. I personally dont think its a massive problem but to everyone else, we are one of those long ball teams.

Plus, if Fulham are actually in for him, I could see him choosing London over Norwich.

Also, is it just me or does he in no way look like an attacking midfielder. From all the Youtube vids I''ve seen, he''s scored with his head most of the time and seems to lack the dexterity that the position warrants. His build, his style, just doesn''t seem as versatile as everyone is banging on about.

NWC wrote - "Evidently he has been answering some City fans'' tweets - so it could all be down to the Y''Army!!"

Has he got a Twitter Account then? I can''t seem to find one.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I don''t agree on several of those points Snoddy''s Jockstrap - we certainly aren''t long ball, we mix it up as most sides do; Fulham were strongly rumoured before us (at £2m or so), as we''re WBA; also,not sure as to the agent thing, he''ll go for where he gets most money.

I don''t know if we''ll get him (or indeed if we want him more than a long list of others), but don''t see anything particularly either for us or against us in what has happened to date.[/quote]

We were more than  a touch long-ball this last season, but probably because we lacked the personnel in midfield and upfront to play a shorter game. Buying RVW suggests Hughton wants to move to the latter style, and there may be other signings with that in mind.

We tried to play the short, passing game but we were too slow, too indecisive, with not enough movement off the ball and we lacked penetration. I often slate Wes for going sideways but in several cases he had no one to pass to who could do some damage.

I just think we mix it up like many sides, there''s long ball football a la Stoke (something I don''t consider us to do), and then there''s long balls played forward/into space, something we do along with most other sides.

I do think when people look into us, the RVW signing does signal something in terms of intent, which could be important in luring people in.

Not sure if it''s already been posted here, but I was doing a bit of browsing earlier and came across a BBC article from 2010 linking Liverpool with Toivonen.http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8952889.stmThere was another article where Hodgson was quoted talking about the player; I can''t seem to find the article in question but basically to summarise he said he was a good player but wasn''t the type of player that Liverpool were after at the time.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]NWC wrote - "Evidently he has been answering some City fans'' tweets - so it could all be down to the Y''Army!!"

Has he got a Twitter Account then? I can''t seem to find one.[/quote]
No, i assume it''s a fake, only got 750 followers

Regarding long balls - we do hit a fair amount of long balls at 64 per game, but then so do Swansea with 62. We''re only behind Newcastle, Fulham and Everton in that respect.It''s a marked improvement on the previous season under Lambert when we were by FAR the hoof ball team of the league with a massive 75 per game

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]We tried to play the short, passing game but we were too slow, too indecisive, with not enough movement off the ball and we lacked penetration. I often slate Wes for going sideways but in several cases he had no one to pass to who could do some damage.[/quote]

Agreed

I think like several others I have been a bit underwhelmed by this potential signing, largely on the basis of some of the feedback from Swede''s and dutch fans indicting he may have a bit of an attitude.

However, having sat in the pub with a mate last night and analysed it he''s a full international who starts regularly for a decent enough international team, scores 1 in 3 at international level and 1 in 2 at club level and was previously linked with Liverpool for about £10m. Whichever way you dress it up this is clearly another signing who has a very decent pedigree. Ok a few swede''s don;t rate him as an international player but his goal record is good and frankly none of our current strikers get anywhere near their international teams (other than Jackson) and many England fans don;t rate strikers at international level that we would all love to see play for our club. The scandinaveans generally also seem to be able to adapt to English football without too much trouble. If it happens then i am therefore more optimistic about this signing than I was previously. Still not that confident it will happen though and feel Hooper may still be our no 1 target.