Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Ola Toivonen

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Someone on Twitter saying he has the same attitude as Suarez[/quote]

So he goes around being racist and biting people then?

People need to get a grip. A couple of shoves does not make him a Suarez.

Suarez who is now looking to move from another big name European club because he can''t handle the pressure of the ''press'' for getting on his case - he left his last club for the same reason.

The guy is a muppet. Make racist remarks and bite people and what do you expect to happen?

A very talented footballer but a muppet all the same.

I can''t find anything like that on Ola.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

Looks very handy from a few videos. A big unit, good in the air and can score goals as an attacking midfielder/striker, so just what we need.

But Purple has made a good point, which was also made in the Dutch report quoted earlier: "Of Toivonen interesse heeft in de transfer naar de Engelse middenmoter is nog niet duidelijk. Er zijn namelijk meerdere gegadigden voor de kopsterke international van Zweden."

Which translates as:

"It is not yet clear whether Toivonen is interested in a transfer to the mid-table English club. After all, there are several clubs interested in the strong-in-the-air Swedish international."

[/quote]

This is the problem. Toivonen plainly wants to leave PSV, and ideally to join a Premier League club. But if the fee is only around £4m-£4.5m there will be several such that can afford that. He is a good age, is versatile, and looks like the kind of player who would fit comfortably into the English game. What makes him attractive to us makes him equally so to others. That said, my guess is that our competition would be from other "mid-table" teams, such as Fulham and West Brom rather than  a top-six club. So it might well be a question of where he wants to play (London or not) and wages.

If I was Toivonen I wouldn''t come to Norwich. So far he has been compared to Joey Barton, Marlon King and Luis Suarez based on a couple of minutes of youtube footage and someone on twitter. Get a grip.

Agents couldn''t give two monkeys about where a player ends up, they will tout their player wherever the transfer fee will be highest and such there fee the highest.

This guy looks nuts! Get''s opposing players sent off, winds up the other team and their fans something chronic, whats not to like about this guy, sign him up!!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Toivonen has the same agent as the Olsson and Rosenberg - who both play for WBA, a team which is also interested in signing him.

imagine Norwich might still be a bit of an outsider to get his signing.[/quote]

There''s no mention of Toivonen on the WBA NewsNow list. They seem to be concentrating on the Anderlecht striker Dieumerci Mbokani.

BYAG wrote - "Toivonen has the same agent as the Olsson and Rosenberg - who both play for WBA, a team which is also interested in signing him.

imagine Norwich might still be a bit of an outsider to get his signing."

Rumoured to be interested in him, just like Fulham and us.

Just been searching through the internet for more details on this guy, came across this, from an arsenal fan, take it as you will of course...

This morning I overheard someone on the phone whilst on holiday. He mentioned this transfer, as well as being confident that ''Pilks'' was staying. The club was interested in Livermore and apparently Chris (Hutton) is keen on Carroll. It took a while to work out who he represented but he was telling ''pilks'' to knuckle down and get ready for preseason at Colney. I can definitely see how the whole transfer rumour mill starts but it was fascinating to hear how they were chucking 6 or 7 mil around like it was nothing.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="City penguin"]Agents couldn''t give two monkeys about where a player ends up, they will tout their player wherever the transfer fee will be highest and such there fee the highest.[/quote]

Sad isn''t it.[/quote]

I know! How dare an agent try to get his client the highest wages/signing on fee possible - shocking.

It''s a consideration in this case as WBA and the agent already have a relationship and Toivonen may want to go to a club where there are already people he knows. The fact PSV have announced this before the player has agreed is them trying to get some more, hopefully higher, bids on the table.

[quote user="City penguin"]Agents couldn''t give two monkeys about where a player ends up, they will tout their player wherever the transfer fee will be highest and such there fee the highest.[/quote]

That may be true. Supposedly Huckerby''s agent didn''t want him to join us. But unless Toivonen is a complete mental doormat he will decide where he wants to play, no matter what his agent thinks, just as Huckerby did. We are not talking about some impressionable kid here but an experienced player.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="City penguin"]Agents couldn''t give two monkeys about where a player ends up, they will tout their player wherever the transfer fee will be highest and such there fee the highest.[/quote]

Sad isn''t it.[/quote]

I know! How dare an agent try to get his client the highest wages/signing on fee possible - shocking.

It''s a consideration in this case as WBA and the agent already have a relationship and Toivonen may want to go to a club where there are already people he knows. The fact PSV have announced this before the player has agreed is them trying to get some more, hopefully higher, bids on the table.[/quote]Why would anyone bid higher when 4.7 million has been accepted.

[quote user="City penguin"]Agents couldn''t give two monkeys about where a player ends up, they will tout their player wherever the transfer fee will be highest and such there fee the highest.[/quote]

Somewhat simplistic.

Like most people agents want the quick, easy deal and money for nothing. There are huge incentives to use existing contacts and paperwork to turn a fast buck

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="City penguin"]Agents couldn''t give two monkeys about where a player ends up, they will tout their player wherever the transfer fee will be highest and such there fee the highest.[/quote]

Sad isn''t it.[/quote]

It''s a consideration in this case as WBA and the agent already have a relationship and Toivonen may want to go to a club where there are already people he knows. The fact PSV have announced this before the player has agreed is them trying to get some more, hopefully higher, bids on the table.[/quote]Why would anyone bid higher when 4.7 million has been accepted.[/quote]
Just what i was wondering!

Happens fairly regularly - if WBA, Fulham or who ever else wants Toivonen and don''t want him signing for a Premier League rival they will have to make a bid, PSV don''t have to accept exactly the same bid from different teams - if they are confident the other teams really want the player the price for coming to the negotiations late might be £5m.

Footballers are each a unique product, sure some are comparable, but if someone wants that specific player they won''t walk away so easily. PSV have now forced the hands of other interested clubs and are in the situation of knowing even if they ask for £5m+ and WBA (for example) think it''s too high, they are safe in the knowledge a £4.7m has been accepted.

I have good feeling bout this going ahead

I know it''s only Fifa, but he rated 77 compared to RvW 75 on there :) could be fun to play with next season.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Happens fairly regularly - if WBA, Fulham or who ever else wants Toivonen and don''t want him signing for a Premier League rival they will have to make a bid, PSV don''t have to accept exactly the same bid from different teams - if they are confident the other teams really want the player the price for coming to the negotiations late might be £5m.

Footballers are each a unique product, sure some are comparable, but if someone wants that specific player they won''t walk away so easily. PSV have now forced the hands of other interested clubs and are in the situation of knowing even if they ask for £5m+ and WBA (for example) think it''s too high, they are safe in the knowledge a £4.7m has been accepted.[/quote]

It would be amsuing if there was a bidding war of that sort, given that Toivonen was complaining that the price PSV wanted (presumably what we have offered) was too high!Myself I doubt we will get him. It would be a real coup if we did. Not because he is a genius player. He is not at that level. But because we were able to attract him in the face of competition (it seems certain there is) from other PL clubs. It would be an indication of our current status in the game.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Happens fairly regularly - if WBA, Fulham or who ever else wants Toivonen and don''t want him signing for a Premier League rival they will have to make a bid, PSV don''t have to accept exactly the same bid from different teams - if they are confident the other teams really want the player the price for coming to the negotiations late might be £5m.

Footballers are each a unique product, sure some are comparable, but if someone wants that specific player they won''t walk away so easily. PSV have now forced the hands of other interested clubs and are in the situation of knowing even if they ask for £5m+ and WBA (for example) think it''s too high, they are safe in the knowledge a £4.7m has been accepted.[/quote]Makes no sense at all, why would another team get into a bidding war when there is already an accepted sum on the table. It can see a case for matching the offer but to go beyond it is a mugs game. If you really want the guy all you have to do is meet the asking price and hope your wages and conditions offer is better than the rival clubs.  I can''t see Fulham, having been knocked back on a £2 million bid now coming back in at £4.8 million. To be quite honest, I can''t recall teams ever bidding up and beyond an asking price.

And what would determine that asking price ?The amount stated in a release clause in the players contract, perhaps ?Far from the picture imagined by some clubs like PSV will be in the position of having wolves/vultures circling around.Certainly his agent will have let it be known what he is after, what the position of PSV is regarding any clause - as seen by the news being made public, same as with RVW.If it is true then it does back up the idea that the club are looking to sign fewer players than some fans think. And that those players will be of a higher quality.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Happens fairly regularly - if WBA, Fulham or who ever else wants Toivonen and don''t want him signing for a Premier League rival they will have to make a bid, PSV don''t have to accept exactly the same bid from different teams - if they are confident the other teams really want the player the price for coming to the negotiations late might be £5m.

Footballers are each a unique product, sure some are comparable, but if someone wants that specific player they won''t walk away so easily. PSV have now forced the hands of other interested clubs and are in the situation of knowing even if they ask for £5m+ and WBA (for example) think it''s too high, they are safe in the knowledge a £4.7m has been accepted.[/quote]Makes no sense at all, why would another team get into a bidding war when there is already an accepted sum on the table. It can see a case for matching the offer but to go beyond it is a mugs game. If you really want the guy all you have to do is meet the asking price and hope your wages and conditions offer is better than the rival clubs.  I can''t see Fulham, having been knocked back on a £2 million bid now coming back in at £4.8 million. To be quite honest, I can''t recall teams ever bidding up and beyond an asking price.[/quote]
Just because PSV have accepted a £4.7m bid from Norwich doesn''t mean they have to accept that much from anyone else - Fulham could make the exact same bid and PSV might refuse them permission to talk to the player unless they offer more than Norwich. PSV know they can get the £4.7m regardless - so why not push some other clubs for a little more money, especially if they feel Fulham or WBA or whoever would rather not see the player move to a rival team. It''s a no lose situation for PSV. 
This is exactly what happened with Loic Remy, Newcastle had a bid accepted and the player spoke to them about a contract etc. QPR then made the same bid but Marseille said if you really want the player, beat Newcastle''s bid - QPR did and Remy moved there. As I said, this is fairly common practise between clubs, it doesn''t make you any friends but it certainly happens.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Footballers are each a unique product, sure some are comparable, but if someone wants that specific player they won''t walk away so easily. PSV have now forced the hands of other interested clubs and are in the situation of knowing even if they ask for £5m+ and WBA (for example) think it''s too high, they are safe in the knowledge a £4.7m has been accepted.[/quote]

It would be amsuing if there was a bidding war of that sort, given that Toivonen was complaining that the price PSV wanted (presumably what we have offered) was too high!Myself I doubt we will get him. It would be a real coup if we did. Not because he is a genius player. He is not at that level. But because we were able to attract him in the face of competition (it seems certain there is) from other PL clubs. It would be an indication of our current status in the game.

[/quote]

Well if we are going to progress as a club in the way we hope then we will have to be able to fend off competition from the likes of Fulham and WBA sooner or llater of there is no point being in this league so it will be interesting to see if we get our man here. Neither are bigger clubs than us and i cant believe either of them will be offering substantially more wage wise. Could of course also be a stalking horse to smoke out Celtic over Hooper.

Fulham ahave substantially more finances than us as they are heavily subsidised but WBA finaces are probably similar to us from next season

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

R

[/quote]

Well if we are going to progress as a club in the way we hope then we will have to be able to fend off competition from the likes of Fulham and WBA sooner or llater of there is no point being in this league so it will be interesting to see if we get our man here. Neither are bigger clubs than us and i cant believe either of them will be offering substantially more wage wise. Could of course also be a stalking horse to smoke out Celtic over Hooper.[/quote]

Yep I agree. And when you factor in potential I see norwich being a bigger more successful club than Fulham and WBA.

We''ve got a large fan base and with no serious competion for miles we could grow this fanbase to the majority of east anglia. We certainly would take all the "floating" fans.

In the postion the club currently finds itself in, it would take serious incompetence for us not to realise this potential. We need to start beating teams for players. I''ve no doubt we beat other clubs for RVW and I''ve confidence we will get this guy if we want him. I also believe hooper is desperate to come here and has already ruled out other clubs.

That would be almost £13,000,000 on two forwards? I literally never thought I''d see the day. Anyone remember the excitment surrounding the loan arrivals of Gow and Killen? It was only 2009! I''ve checked out several Youtube clips of this guy, he looks like an upgraded better version of Matty Svensson. If he chooses us we''d have the international striking partners of Robin Van Persie and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Unbelievable.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Happens fairly regularly - if WBA, Fulham or who ever else wants Toivonen and don''t want him signing for a Premier League rival they will have to make a bid, PSV don''t have to accept exactly the same bid from different teams - if they are confident the other teams really want the player the price for coming to the negotiations late might be £5m.

Footballers are each a unique product, sure some are comparable, but if someone wants that specific player they won''t walk away so easily. PSV have now forced the hands of other interested clubs and are in the situation of knowing even if they ask for £5m+ and WBA (for example) think it''s too high, they are safe in the knowledge a £4.7m has been accepted.[/quote]Makes no sense at all, why would another team get into a bidding war when there is already an accepted sum on the table. It can see a case for matching the offer but to go beyond it is a mugs game. If you really want the guy all you have to do is meet the asking price and hope your wages and conditions offer is better than the rival clubs.  I can''t see Fulham, having been knocked back on a £2 million bid now coming back in at £4.8 million. To be quite honest, I can''t recall teams ever bidding up and beyond an asking price.[/quote]
Just because PSV have accepted a £4.7m bid from Norwich doesn''t mean they have to accept that much from anyone else - Fulham could make the exact same bid and PSV might refuse them permission to talk to the player unless they offer more than Norwich. PSV know they can get the £4.7m regardless - so why not push some other clubs for a little more money, especially if they feel Fulham or WBA or whoever would rather not see the player move to a rival team. It''s a no lose situation for PSV. 
This is exactly what happened with Loic Remy, Newcastle had a bid accepted and the player spoke to them about a contract etc. QPR then made the same bid but Marseille said if you really want the player, beat Newcastle''s bid - QPR did and Remy moved there. As I said, this is fairly common practise between clubs, it doesn''t make you any friends but it certainly happens.
[/quote]I doubt PSV would be able to refuse permission to any team as long as they matched the acceptable offer.Once an offer has been accepted it''s very much in the hands of the agent and player to agree terms with whoever has matched that bid. Subsequent bidders become irrelevant at that stage because it''s then in the hands of the agent and player as to which team they prefer.In the Loic Remy case it''s my understanding that QPR''s offer of wages and conditions trumped that of Newcastle. They had no need at all to up any transfer bid.and by not doing so there was more cash to dole out in wages.If clubs overbid in order to prevent a rival getting a player then they are mugs but in all honesty I doubt that any are that stupid. They might have to pay more to get what they really want but to overpay just to trump a rival is a very quick way to bankrupcy. Hopefully NCFC are not that stupid and refusing to pay over the odds for Hooper was IMO an example of this.