Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Our best 2 players today....

Agreed.  Both had very good games which is pleasing because they''ve both been a bit hit and miss this season.

While generally good, there was a 15min spell where Howson was woeful - he wasn''t even moving towards the ball let alone fitting to win it back or look to move forward.

Ryan Bennett was class. Kept Benteke quiet all game (who should have been sent off)

Howson was class except for that little period, which just seemed like possibly down to fitness, getting himself back at to full pelt took a bit more then needed. Although if anything his problem meant he was having to hold the ball longer due to lack of movement.

Bennett was class, considering the size of Benteke, always felt confident at a 50/50

I think it''s quite clear as i''ve said before that our central midfielders look a lot better in possession when they have Hoolahan as an out-ball always asking for it. Compare them first half to when Hoolahan went off (coinciding with Howsons poor spell) you can see that we don''t have enough players up front asking for the ball, consistently wanting it and holding onto it.