Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Bone - Superstar

Martin O'Neill

morty wrote the following post at 2013-05-04 11:37 PM:

Words fail me.

WHAT - never, that has to be the joke for today eh Morty.

Dont be stupid pant wetters, Hughton is the obvious man to take us forward. Any other opinion is just... well.... PANTS

[quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]

Why Morty?

If he wins us one game it could be a gamble worth taking

[/quote]Please tell me that you can see the stupidity of sacking your manager, and expecting a new one to make an impact in two games?Seriously?

Normally I would agree with you and in fact said the very same thing a few weeks ago (when Sunderland sacked O''Neill).

I just think now that so much rides on the WBA game and can Hughton get us the 3 points??

I''m not sure myself that O''Neill would be our long term answer but if he could just get us 3 points next week and maybe, just maybe something at Man City, then it could be a gamble worth taking.

Worst case scenario, why couldn''t he get us up again next season?

Normally I would agree with you and in fact said the very same thing a few weeks ago (when Sunderland sacked O''Neill).

I just think now that so much rides on the WBA game and can Hughton get us the 3 points??

I''m not sure myself that O''Neill would be our long term answer but if he could just get us 3 points next week and maybe, just maybe something at Man City, then it could be a gamble worth taking.

[/quote]I really don''t think its that easy.Not withstanding the fact that Hughton is contracted to us, and to get rid pronto would likely mean paying out a fair amount of cash.Sorry, its a no from me.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]

[/quote]

I really don''t think its that easy.

Not withstanding the fact that Hughton is contracted to us, and to get rid pronto would likely mean paying out a fair amount of cash.

Sorry, its a no from me.

[/quote]

Offset this against a 50 million quid loss if we go down its peanuts.

You''re right Morty, it''s not that easy - far from it.

But, as I see it we have two choices now -

1. Sit tight and hope that Hughton can pull it out of the bag

2. Do something, take a gamble and try to save our skins.

[quote user="dpj canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]

[/quote]I really don''t think its that easy.Not withstanding the fact that Hughton is contracted to us, and to get rid pronto would likely mean paying out a fair amount of cash.Sorry, its a no from me.

[/quote]

Offset this against a 50 million quid loss if we go down its peanuts.

[/quote]You know as soon as I typed that last post I just knew someone would say exactly this.You''re completely right, lets sack Hughton tonight and get a caretaker manager for two weeks.Makes complete sense[Y]

You''re right Morty, it''s not that easy - far from it.

But, as I see it we have two choices now -

1. Sit tight and hope that Hughton can pull it out of the bag

2. Do something, take a gamble and try to save our skins.

[/quote]I''m betting number one is the likeliest.

Can we borrow Sir Alex for a week?  He''s not got anything else left to do this season.  Gunny knows him well. I think he should put in the call.