Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Bone - Superstar

Martin O'Neill

morty wrote the following post at 2013-05-04 11:37 PM:

Words fail me.

WHAT - never, that has to be the joke for today eh Morty.

[quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]

Why Morty?

If he wins us one game it could be a gamble worth taking

[/quote]Please tell me that you can see the stupidity of sacking your manager, and expecting a new one to make an impact in two games?Seriously?

Normally I would agree with you and in fact said the very same thing a few weeks ago (when Sunderland sacked O''Neill).

I just think now that so much rides on the WBA game and can Hughton get us the 3 points??

I''m not sure myself that O''Neill would be our long term answer but if he could just get us 3 points next week and maybe, just maybe something at Man City, then it could be a gamble worth taking.

Worst case scenario, why couldn''t he get us up again next season?

Normally I would agree with you and in fact said the very same thing a few weeks ago (when Sunderland sacked O''Neill).

I just think now that so much rides on the WBA game and can Hughton get us the 3 points??

I''m not sure myself that O''Neill would be our long term answer but if he could just get us 3 points next week and maybe, just maybe something at Man City, then it could be a gamble worth taking.

[/quote]I really don''t think its that easy.Not withstanding the fact that Hughton is contracted to us, and to get rid pronto would likely mean paying out a fair amount of cash.Sorry, its a no from me.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]

[/quote]

I really don''t think its that easy.

Not withstanding the fact that Hughton is contracted to us, and to get rid pronto would likely mean paying out a fair amount of cash.

Sorry, its a no from me.

[/quote]

Offset this against a 50 million quid loss if we go down its peanuts.

You''re right Morty, it''s not that easy - far from it.

But, as I see it we have two choices now -

1. Sit tight and hope that Hughton can pull it out of the bag

2. Do something, take a gamble and try to save our skins.

[quote user="dpj canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]

[/quote]I really don''t think its that easy.Not withstanding the fact that Hughton is contracted to us, and to get rid pronto would likely mean paying out a fair amount of cash.Sorry, its a no from me.

[/quote]

Offset this against a 50 million quid loss if we go down its peanuts.

[/quote]You know as soon as I typed that last post I just knew someone would say exactly this.You''re completely right, lets sack Hughton tonight and get a caretaker manager for two weeks.Makes complete sense[Y]

You''re right Morty, it''s not that easy - far from it.

But, as I see it we have two choices now -

1. Sit tight and hope that Hughton can pull it out of the bag

2. Do something, take a gamble and try to save our skins.

[/quote]I''m betting number one is the likeliest.

Can we borrow Sir Alex for a week?  He''s not got anything else left to do this season.  Gunny knows him well. I think he should put in the call.