Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

NCFC Fans and the Curse of the Right Midfield Berth

Starring...

Mark Rivers... Paul McVeigh... Ian Henderson... David Bentley... Mattias Jonson...

What is it with Norwich and the right side of midfield.  Over the last few years, no position has caused more debate and arguments than this!

First we get Rivers, so much promise, so little talent, ability and skill... the fans berated him.

Then we get McVeigh, does a great job, but eventually falls out of favour due to a lack of work-ethic. Fans berate him.

Then Hendo comes along. Nothing happens. Fans berate him.

Then this season we''ve had Bentley and Jonson.  Both players who have shown flashes of brilliance at times, and flashes of not-so-brilliance at others.  Fans berate them both.

Not all fans, of course, but those players have probably caused more "well I liked him..." "did you, why you saddo?" conversations than any other?

We''ve got a Hux on the left, maybe we''ve got a Hex on the right...

Sweet memories of the other City Greats in that position, in the not too distnat past:

Neil Adams - hmm

Dave Philips - hmm hmm

Ruuuuuuuuuel - get in there!!

Disco - get RIGHT in there!!!

[quote]Sweet memories of the other City Greats in that position, in the not too distnat past: Neil Adams - hmm Dave Philips - hmm hmm Ruuuuuuuuuel - get in there!! Disco - get RIGHT in there!!![/quote]

Not forgetting my favourite NCFC right winger of all time - Jimmy Neighbour.

Scored the best individual goal I have ever seen at Carrow Road against Liverpool in a 2-1 victory in the late seventies, ghosting past 3 players and curling a left footed shot from outside the area into the top corner. His only weakness was that he would often pick out the man in the crowd with a cross at the end of a mazy dribble rather than our centre forward.

For assists I reckon Disco Dale took some beating. He was also a smart finisher.

I still think Jonson can do a good job for us there in the Championship.

It''d help if we had someone who actually wants to play there.

Completely off topic but hey..

Evil Monkey! I saw the username and wondered,.. then clicked on this thread.. and theres Stewie as well!!

Chris: "There''s an Evil Monkey that lives in my closet.. he wasnt always evil.." and the following explanation is one of my favourite bits in the series!

Thats made my day I havent found many other Family Guy fans out there..!!

Cheers

KC

Jimmy Neighbour was class as was dear Kenny Foggo.  The best dribbler and the best goalscorer respectively and a great pity that neither coincided with Ted McDougall.   There would have been some goals....but..............the all time best all round right winger of the last 35 years was ...............Mark Barham.  He could win the ball, dribble, scored a few and the goals he laid on for Deehan, Channon and Jack.  He would regularly cross to perfection and the goals went in.  Remember Bentley against Bolton and Helveg against Newcastle?

That was Barham week in and out.  In those days, we had no one who could play on the left.  Bond''s teams only had two left footers and they were defenders.  Graham Paddon solved the problem for a while but lefties were rare. 

How times change

[quote]Completely off topic but hey.. Evil Monkey! I saw the username and wondered,.. then clicked on this thread.. and theres Stewie as well!! Chris: "There''s an Evil Monkey that lives in my closet.. he...[/quote]

Check out the sig too, one of my favourite quotes...

I''m going to be attempting to get a Stewie chant going next season of "You S**k!"

Probably at the Scum...

[quote]Check out the sig too, one of my favourite quotes... I''m going to be attempting to get a Stewie chant going next season of "You S**k!" Probably at the Scum...[/quote]

Hehe nice one.. Theres so many great moments Im sure we can scatter a few about in various posts!

No one can deny the genius that is Family Guy!

Cheers