Sign in to follow this  
BOO

Tails between their legs

There seem to be a lot of Hughton backers coming out tonight and admitting they were wrong, still one or two still carrying a candle for him but it will not be too long before they change their opinion as well. This certainly is not a gloat because I am gutted, but it is a pop at all those complacent posters who have tried so hard to ridicule the more discerning posters who have been able to see this coming for so long.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/5055032357_69d1d1be72_z_zps1d1cc383.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/5055032357_69d1d1be72_z_zps1d1cc383.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I''m not so sure about that....they''ll still be going to bed tonight in their ''green and yella'' pyjamas dreaming that ''the judas'' will do City a massive favour in the last game of the season......

I think you are confusing "admitting they were wrong" with "reassessing based on where we are now".

The latter is a far more sensible way to approach things, as anybody with two brain cells to run together can work out that trying to predict the future in football is foolhardy because of the number of factors involved. And that so many of those factors are random or semi-random, or even chaotic, that anyone making a "correct" prediction can be given no credit for it.

Well, discerning is a big word. Loving the game of course does mean that we know much at all about the management of a professional football team or what is required to play the game professionally-it simply means that we are entitled to have an opinion about different aspects of the game. The fact is that we all, or the vast majority of us re-act emotionally to the ups and downs of a given season and that is completely understandable and part of the joy of the pastime. However, stand most of those discerning types on the practice field at Colney, in the team selection room, or on the Saturday touchline and discernment would be a very long way away on some distant horizon leaving in its place an extraordinarily wide-eyed deer in some very bright headlights indeed.

Morty, I understand you are away due to work for the rest of the season. Nice one mate but Nutty will keep you informed I expect.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Morty, I understand you are away due to work for the rest of the season. Nice one mate but Nutty will keep you informed I expect.[/quote]Eh?What the cluck are you on about?

[quote user="Rhiadd"]

Well, discerning is a big word. Loving the game of course does mean that we know much at all about the management of a professional football team or what is required to play the game professionally-it simply means that we are entitled to have an opinion about different aspects of the game. The fact is that we all, or the vast majority of us re-act emotionally to the ups and downs of a given season and that is completely understandable and part of the joy of the pastime. However, stand most of those discerning types on the practice field at Colney, in the team selection room, or on the Saturday touchline and discernment would be a very long way away on some distant horizon leaving in its place an extraordinarily wide-eyed deer in some very bright headlights indeed.

[/quote]

How very well said.

From a man that would give Hughton until Christmas.

You certainly would be staring straight into the headlights a long time before most people!

[quote user="Vanwink"]From a man that would give Hughton until Christmas.

You certainly would be staring straight into the headlights a long time before most people![/quote]Your reading skills appear to be lacking.Until Christmas if we stay up.  Not if we are relegated.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Morty, I understand you are away due to work for the rest of the season. Nice one mate but Nutty will keep you informed I expect.[/quote]

Nice to see your fixation with me continues Bury. I can happily report that I shall be away next week too so this really was the last chance for the knuckledragging keyboard warriors to meet me. Nevermind there''s always next season....

Mr Chops, Keep your cheap shots to yourself, stay up or go down, makes no difference, if you think he should stay till Christmas under any circumstances you in my opinion have learned nothing this season about Mr Hughton!

Blimey Nuts, you too away I''m totally mort(y)tified

It''s tough being a yella at the mo aint it mate?

Never mind, holiday weekend. Bollix to footie it''s the cricket season

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Blimey Nuts, you too away I''m totally mort(y)tified It''s tough being a yella at the mo aint it mate? Never mind, holiday weekend. Bollix to footie it''s the cricket season[/quote]

It''s always best being a yella though buddy and it''s been a lot tougher than this over the past 18 years. It''s only 4 years since we were relegated to the third tier and Wolves entered the promised land....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Morty, I understand you are away due to work for the rest of the season. Nice one mate but Nutty will keep you informed I expect.[/quote]

Nice to see your fixation with me continues Bury. I can happily report that I shall be away next week too so this really was the last chance for the knuckledragging keyboard warriors to meet me. Nevermind there''s always next season....

[/quote]
Going on holiday? If so have a good one mate. Hopefully we''ll still be here this time next week, though I dare say this place will implode if worst comes to worst.