Sign in to follow this  
dumpling

I need spec savers

After listening to the opinions on Canary call and particularly those of McVeigh I need to go to Spec savers. The normal Hoolahan  appreciation society. I recognise he is busy, but if he spins round much more he will disappear you know where.

Thought he ran the game in the first half, was by far the best player on the pitch. Second half he faded with the whole team but should never have been subbed. At 1 0 down i would have put him behind 2 forwards and gone for it. So in my opinion you should book that eye test!

I knew I was putting my head on the block saying that. I just wish his runs were more direct and how much more effective that would make his work. I agree about the substitution.

The thing people need to accept about Hoolahan is that if he had the end product that people moan about him not having then he wouldnt be our player. Everything else about his game is top half premiership quality until it gets to the killer ball and chippingbin with goals. He is still the only attacking player in our team that has premier league quality for me.

Hoolahan looked like a lost little boy today. It was sad to watch. He lacked confidence and looked completely uninterested. He had what I always call a "Hoolahan game", meaning he runs around with his head down, gives the ball away and achieves less than nothing. A total passenger. He can be great at times, but he has so many poor games and with how deep the rest of the midfield sits, he often has little support. I feel sorry for him when that happens, but next week i would go 4-4-2, leave him out, and perhaps bring him on as an impact player.

I know we all see the game differently, but i think he works well in the diamond and not a lot else.

Next week I''d like to see Tettey, E.Bennett and maybe Becchio start (would have said Kamara, but he''s gone) and leave out Snodgrass, Howson and Hoolahan. I know this leaves me in the minority and it won''t happen, but we''re not creating chances at the moment and a few changes in personnel and in tactics (I know there is no chance of this) might do it.

I just can''t believe we are where we are and I suspect he will start with the same side he played today because according to him "We were the better side". How many chances from open play? How many times to the byline? I fear Long and Lakaku are going to tear us to shreds.