Sign in to follow this  
ARCHIEGEMMELL

The Engine Is In Need Of A Service

I think it''s time for Hughton to bring his contingency plan to the table. We have a squad consisting of  X amount of players and I believe it''s time for him to utilise and to try something a little different.  We should go for a two man attack on Sunday and I would like to see Becchio and Jackson be given their chance. Becchio was prolific in the Championship and Jackson gives us pace and quick movement upfront. We can''t keep persisting playing these negative containing tactics at home with Holt lumbering around the park on his own! I would rather try something a little different and lose 6-0 then keep persisting with the same players and a style of football which keeps us drawing up a damp squib!  So come on Chris...call it desperation or creativity but please find this elusive creative spark that we need and lets go and score some goals and try and win a game of  football!

Most of the players outside the same 12/13 that get picked week in week out haven''t kicked a ball in anger for months. Huge ask to come into the side and make an impact, as was shown in the cup

Our season now hinges on one home league game.  This isn''t the time to bring in half-fit squad players - we tried that against Luton Town so God only knows why you''d want to try it against West Brom.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Our season now hinges on one home league game.  This isn''t the time to bring in half-fit squad players - we tried that against Luton Town so God only knows why you''d want to try it against West Brom.[/quote]I am not on about re-inventing  the wheel just making a slight adjustment to our original formation. Maybe dropping one more defensive minded midfield player who would probably give us granite away from home but lack the creativity spark we need to create something which could mean the difference between a draw and walking off the park with all three points!   The two players I have mentioned are hardly spending their time in the staff canteen buttering the rolls for Sunday park stroll! They are both on the periphery keeping the bench warm! Their fitness levels should not be in doubt if our coaching staff have been doing their jobs right! My blame lies with Hughton for not utilising the squad more during the season to keep these players a lot sharper and in form...now...we need to go into this final home game needing the 3 points and having to rely on a striker whose fitness is questionable and who has had to exorcise his demons through out most of the season and will probably be off to Celtic!  I just hope you understand the gravitas of the situation...a point will no longer do we need to go on the offensive and to try and win the game. Nothing is certain...you are right we could get hit for six but we don''t exactly have an abundance of games left and much choice!