Sign in to follow this  
oli4700

The difference between Lambert and Hughton

Lambert went into every away game thinking ''how can we get the win today?''.

Hughton, with the same players (and some upgrades) this season has gone into every away game thinking ''how can we get a 0-0 today?''

And that''s where all those points have gone missing, and that''s why we''re in this mess.

Next season we need a new manager, regardless of what league we''re in, that will have the mentality to at least try to/believe they can win every away game.

Just after we equalised and had momentum, lambert made a sub.

It took the wind out of our sails and gave them the upper hand.

The difference is lambert is extremely proactive and makes things happen.

Hughton just looks lost and Everton aside, hasn''t influenced a game through a change.

The difference is lambert is a fantastic man manager who tells his players to play their game with freedom and not worry about the opposition. He installs a belief and camaraderie. Hughton is obsessed with stifling the opposition, which ultimately leads to stifling his own players. Playing under someone like chris hughton must be very frustrating and depressing for a footballer. And it shows on the pitch.

[quote user="oli4700"]Lambert went into every away game thinking ''how can we get the win today?''.

Hughton, with the same players (and some upgrades) this season has gone into every away game thinking ''how can we get a 0-0 today?''

And that''s where all those points have gone missing, and that''s why we''re in this mess.

Next season we need a new manager, regardless of what league we''re in, that will have the mentality to at least try to/believe they can win every away game.[/quote]CH has too much respect for the opposition and seems to approach every game as if a point is good enough. His comments so often after a game reflect that with comments such as look at the talent they have which if I were in our team would really hack me off. He puts way too much pressure on his defence by getting the team to play negative and so often has been clueless on substitutes.After such an appalling run he should do the decent thing and step down and let someone with a bit more positive thoughts step in.I love the way he is now saying oh this is getting serious , too little too late mate it was a month ago! And all the fans apart from a few on here could see it!

The difference is that Lambert knows there is more than one way to skin a cat.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I think saying football managers are "scared to win" implies you''re about twelve years old.[/quote]

Scared to attempt playing positive football at the risk of conceding. You know full well what I mean.

And how big of you to throw petty insults like around because. I am very much an adult thank you with a masters degree to boot. Just because you''re some old saddo wasting his life away with 14,000 posts on a football forum, doesn''t make you king of the castle, and doesn''t mean you have a right to start unprovoked name calling.

The main difference in today''s game was luck. Villa were not any better than us (despite being built up by so many as being so)and didn''t try anything particularly ''different'' in getting their winner, it had little to do with either manager.