Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy

Green to Fulham!!

Well, i have been looking at the premiership goalkeepers and couldn''t see where Green would go to get first team football. The only way was if keepers started moving. Today Man Utd have signed Van Der Saar so now there is a big vacancy now at Fulham, a move to London. Just what Greeno wants. 3 million please.

Could definitly be a possibility. I''m pretty certain their only keeper'' now is an ageing Crossley

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=282607&cpid=8&CLID=45&lid=&title=Green+talks+for+Fulham&channel=Championship

well it is on the move...

Fulham are reportedly in talks with Norwich goalkeeper Robert Green as they look for a successor to Manchester United bound Edwin van der Sar.

The talented Dutchman is poised to ink a two-year deal at Old Trafford, leaving Fulham boss Chris Coleman on the look-out for an immediate replacement.

Green, who relegated Norwich were hoping to keep hold of, will be keen to resume his career in The Premiership as he looks to cement a place in Sven Goran Eriksson''s England squad next season.

It would appear his wish could be granted at Craven Cottage - with Fulham seemingly now in pole position to land his signature - for a purported £3 million fee.

Green''s agent, Andy Evans, has already confirmed that several Premiership clubs are trailing his client''s services.

''''There''s strong interest from Premiership clubs, which is to be expected,'''' said Evans.

''''And, if it''s in the best interests of all parties involved, then it''s a possibility Robert may be leaving this summer.''''

[quote]well it is on the move... Fulham are reportedly in talks with Norwich goalkeeper Robert Green as they look for a successor to Manchester United bound Edwin van der Sar. The talented Dutchman is p...[/quote]

Not what I''ve heard. I heard Fulham were looking more in the direction of freebie Roy Carroll due to limited finances.

[quote]......... but he let in 6 last time he was at Craven Cottage ![/quote]

could this be why he had a not-so-good game?

Limited finances?!? If that is the case, they would more likely choose Greeno. Although Carroll would be a free transfer, his wages are huge! That''s why clubs that have been linked with him will not take him. This is the problem with footballers...they (almost) always demand wage rises on each transfer.
I seriously cannot see what footballers do with the 20-60k they earn per week! Most of the population lives off that in a year...

[quote]No offence to Fulham but he could do better. I''d be sad to see him go but while he is good, he is replaceable[/quote]

Exactly right ncfc4prem.  Greeno could do better.  However, if we got £3M I''d probably bite their hands off!

It looks like the first offer is 3 million for Green.

Now we will see how the board react,

I personally think we should not jump at the first offer, but ask a higher price, which in turn, alerts the football world that he can go at a price.

If he''s going let''s start a bidding war !

Five Live reckon its 65-70% likely that he will go to Fulham

I think he may end up elsewhere, Liverpool are supposedly ridding themselves of Dudek and Kirkland is highly injury prone so that might be a possibility.

Anyway, it looks as if its almost certain he will go. With him and Francis we could have a reasonable budget to spend on a decent midfield.

From today''s Guardian:

"Fulham have wasted little time in signing a replacement [goalkeeper], finalising a pre-contract agreement with Jaroslav Drobny, a 25-year-old Czech who will arrive from the Greek side Panionios."

[quote]From today''s Guardian: "Fulham have wasted little time in signing a replacement [goalkeeper], finalising a pre-contract agreement with Jaroslav Drobny, a 25-year-old Czech who will arrive from the Gr...[/quote]

Yet more inaccurate journalism...

This deal for Drobny was done in January, so the notion that Fulham have acted quickly to get a replacement is false. If we''re offered £3m, then we should accept and he should go to Fulham.

[quote]oooooooo, lets not start another rumour![/quote]

haha, thats how they start!

nah, id never doubt green, but to be honest a move to fulham may be good for him. Aslong as he gets 1st team football every week, if not he may stay!

Like green said, although with svens backing, i feel he needs to be in top flight to keep his england chances alive

Can''t see it myself. Fulham are riddled with debt and are doing their level best to reduce the wage bill - thats why van de sar is going, and why they are being cagey over the cost.

City knew that Green would go sooner rather than later that''s why they tied him up to a long contract. It''s that contract that determines his transfer fee rather than any speculative worth.

I would be very suprised therefore if the fee is as low as £3m. A full international on a long contract fetching the same price as Bent (U21only)and a freeagent next summer.

It maybe that Green''s door hasn''t been beaten down as much as him and his agent thought.

Looks to be an interesting summer.

big step up fulham, average 17000 gates, on the way down next season, go on greeno better yourself and can you do it soon i am fed up reading about you, oh and shut the door behind you.

It certainly looks like his agent is trying to drum up business - I see souness today denies their rumoured interest, no doubt started by the green camp!

There are not many clubs who need a keeper so he may end up staying - arsenal may be interested but beyond that?  

And I do not think we will get more than £3.5m - keepers just dont go for that much...

OTBC

A FULL international Mad Dan ??     Greeno has just one cap , and that was for a friendly  , in which Sven reluctantly let him play the second half ... and he let one in !!    I just bet  all the clubs  looking for a goalie  are hugely unimpressed  by his performance over the season !

I know this looks like a personal crusade against Greeno , but  I just say it as I see it ,  and what I say  is that Greeno  has  , in NO way , performed well enough to be called England class !     and my opinion  seems to coincide with the opinions of  clubs up and down the country ,  will anybody let me know of ANY club interested in buying him ?    his agent must be smoking  strange  fags  when he talks to the press !!

The bottom line here , is that we`re very likely to be stuck  with a goalie  who`s made it very clear  that  he wants out ,  who thinks he`s too good  for us ,   yeah  !!   just the sort of  " committed "  keeper we need  if we`re to reach the heights next season ...I don`t think !

[quote]A FULL international Mad Dan ?? Greeno has just one cap , and that was for a friendly , in which Sven reluctantly let him play the second half ... and he let one in !! I just bet all the club...[/quote]

Sheded: I''m totaly with you here mate. Green''s become arrogant IMO. He ain''[t that good!.

Sorry, you Green fanatics, but he ain''t.

Leave him in the reserves, and bring a ''City player'' in. This is what happens when you train with the self obsessed ''little boys'' at England sessions.

Here endeth rant.

Greeno certainly isn''t the finished article yet, better work on crosses required, but he is a fantastic shot-stopper and he is improving in other areas (especially his distribution, despite nerves against Columbia). He has been involved in the England setup for over a year now and deservedly too. We don''t have a ''great'' English keeper right now in the Banks/Shilton/Clemence tradition, maybe Greeno or Robinson will improve over time to be labelled as such.

One cap makes him a full international, the shot that got passed him against Columbia took a deflection and wasn''t his fault. He let in a lot of goals last season, but he also saved more than any other Prem keeper. Nobody on this board has missed the fact that our defence was at (many) times shambolic last season, but some seem to forget it when talking about Greeno.

He has been a ''city player'' for 5 years now and served us well, he has always given us 100% and right now nothing has changed. Lets see where he is next season and not pay too much respect to what the tabloid hacks make up and what his ''Mr 10%'' has to say whilst his client is on holiday.

Sticking Greeno in the reserves for a while  might just work Wiz !   the guy has obviously started to believe his agents hype  LOL