Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Side To Play WBA

So who do you think should play the game?

My side would be

Ruddy

Whittaker Bassong Martin Garrido

Snoddy Tettey Pilks

Hoolahan

Becchio Jackson

Subs

Bunn

Bennett

Barnett

Howson

Johnson

Holt

E Bennett

what we are doing isnt working lets go at wba and try and get the points

ryan bennett has been superb since he came back in

i dont think ruddy will play for the club again

so                       bunn   martin  r.bennett  bassong   garrido     howson        tettey       johnson     e.bennet       holt          pilkington  

campbecchiosnodgrasshoolahanwhittakerfoxjacksonpace out wide. tettey sitting in front of the back four, johnson holding and howson supporting holt/making runs into the boxholt needs to play THROUGH THE MIDDLE. waste of time having your target man if he spends more time on the wing and is the one putting the ball into the box

even they would struggle with hughton calling the shots

Hmm......think the manager would get slated if we started with that side. Jackson and Becchio, one prem goal between them this season, starting our most important game of the season? One defensive minded midfielder? Dropping R Bennett? Hmm.......

Bunn

Martin, Bassong, R Bennett, Garrido

E Bennett, Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass

Hoolahan

Holt

I''d like to see Tettey and Becchio play, but I don''t think they''d start, same with Whittaker and Ruddy.

Ruddy and Turner have to play if they are fit.

Whittaker should also play at right back.

[quote user="mendhams_rusty_shank"]ryan bennett has been superb since he came back in

i dont think ruddy will play for the club again

so                       bunn   martin  r.bennett  bassong   garrido     howson        tettey       johnson     e.bennet       holt          pilkington  

campbecchiosnodgrasshoolahanwhittakerfoxjacksonpace out wide. tettey sitting in front of the back four, johnson holding and howson supporting holt/making runs into the boxholt needs to play THROUGH THE MIDDLE. waste of time having your target man if he spends more time on the wing and is the one putting the ball into the box[/quote]+Where the hell is Ruddy , I have to say is disgraceful, he is clearly fit and best keeper and yet not even on bench , The board if no one else need to ask what the hell is going on! Your team selection will not win for one reason and one only the Manager he has no respect from anyone in the game anymore as he shows no tactical awareness , courage or man management skills. He could not encourage a chicken to cross the road , he would be too worried it would get run over , as we have done time after time  by not just going for it.Let us be honest would many fans want him as Manager next year even if we did stay up so we could watch more of this negative humble dross. To be honest we do not deserve to stay up !ANY other club would sack their manger after such an appalling run of form. it is not like we are playing good football even

CJ -  i dont disagree with what youre saying, i wanted him gone after 10 games into the season, like a few others that got hounded off here for suggesting he wasnt playing the team in a way that suited them and what they had been used to doing effectively the season before, people just donned their green and yellow specs and kept clapping whilst telling us how wrong we were and how he will sort it out. You could see it coming

but thats not going to change anytime soon because then the board will have to acknowledge they fcked up, and pay him off unless he walks, which hes never going to do because then he wont get his money.

Our 10 game run before Xmas included Whitaker and ruddy. No coincidence our form has dipped since they have been injured. Bit of deja by with Bryan gunns bad injury in relegation season of old. Some serious behind the scene reason behind bechio''s lack of opportunities. I would rather have a trying proven goalscorer than a walking around, constantly wide, constantly offside , sulking shadow of a former legend.

Russell Martin is poor defensively. Agbonlahor took him to the cleaners today and we notably concede more goals when he is in the team.

[quote user="Norfolk canary"]So who do you think should play the game?

My side would be

Ruddy

Whittaker Bassong Martin Garrido

Snoddy Tettey Pilks

Hoolahan

Becchio Jackson

Subs

Bunn

Bennett

Barnett

Howson

Johnson

Holt

E Bennett

what we are doing isnt working lets go at wba and try and get the points[/quote]I agree totally...finally someone with the courage and endeavour to change what is not working...well done.

Something needs to change - most of the players used recently have

failed too many times & we can''t risk trusting our PL status with them again next week.The first name NOT on my team sheet would be Holt. He has offered nothing for months now & we can''t afford to carry passengers any longer.We are woefully short of pace & need someone in the team who can run at defenders & create problems for them.Goal - RuddyDefence - Whittaker, R Bennett, Bassong, Tierney  Midfield - Johnson, Fox, Murphy (Josh) HoolahanStrikers - Pilkington, JacksonSubs - Snodgrass (knackered & can''t last 90 min), E Bennett (tries hard but fails too often), Howson (ditto) Tettey (ditto + can''t pass), Barnet, Bechio, Bunn (all 3 to be used only in an emergency).Ruddy is better than Bunn & appears to be fit. Whatever happens at the end of the season he''s still our player now & should play.Whittaker offers more attacking options than Martin - deserves another chance at right back.Tierney is quicker than Garrido & better at getting forward & putting in crosses. He''s also arguably better at defending.R Bennett & Bassong - the best centre backs available.Johnson is our best stopperFox is a better passer than Howson, Tettey & E BennettHoolahan is our best creative playerMurphy at this level is an unknown quantity to us, and to WBA, but has bags of pace which would at least keep one of their full backs busy. Worth the risk.Pilkinton & Jackson down the middle, both have pace & Pilkington is good in the air. The pairing is worth a try if only on the basis that they can''t be any worse than Holt, Kamara or Bechio.