Sign in to follow this  
junojrs

IF Hughton leaves

Who should be the next manager? Some sites are already offering odds. Notably Di Matteo, Martinez and Mackay are most likely on one.

If we go down then that would mean both Martinez and Malky would be leaving Premier League sides to join us. Never going to happen. Same probably goes for Poyet.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]If we go down then that would mean both Martinez and Malky would be leaving Premier League sides to join us. Never going to happen. Same probably goes for Poyet.[/quote]

Poyet''s 33/1 anyway, in the zone of the typical managerial tips (i.e. Ince, Bruce, Hughes and the infamous Maradona appointment).

I imagine the odds are if we stay up. They''re quite high (Di Matteo, who is most likely, is 20/1) either because it''s believed we could go down and/or they think Hughton won''t be leaving.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær with phil Neville as his No2 both have played top level / both winners / one attack  ,one defence minded players they both know how the game SHOULD be played not 7 2 1 tactics 

plus ole would know some untapped players in different leagues in Europe .............

It would seem that OGS has lost his lustre - Molde are currently propping up the Norwegian Premier League with just one draw and five defeats their first six games..........

René Girard for me, failing that Roberto Di Matteo.

Here''s a piece in the Telegraph on Girard for those unfamiliar with him...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10004456/Montpellier-coach-Rene-Girard-wants-move-to-a-Premier-League-club-after-discussions-with-Arsene-Wenger.html

I''d also be highly tempted with Poyet, but my ''approach'' list would look like this (in no set order):1) Lucien Favre2) Francesco Guidolin3) Frank Rijkaard4) Gus PoyetGet any one of those and I''d be VERY happy.