Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Will Hucks want to Play Left Side Next YEar?

The answer I think is a big fat no! All season whenever asked he said I don''t like it but I''m doing it for the team. Next we won''t be struggling I think he will be cross if he''s stuck out there again. That''s why I think any bid for Leon should be accepted as it will nipthis problem in the bud

I''ve never heard him complain.  The "Hucks on the left behind the front two" position worked superbly well when we got promoted.  Now that he''ll be supporting Ashton and McKenzie instead of Svensson/Iwan and McKenzie, our frontline is looking pretty rosy for next season!

Who cares where he wants to play?  I cant recall him moaning about where he plays and he gives his all in either position.

This season is not crucial but if we ever get back to the prem while hux is still at the club then we will haveto find a way to play him which does not expose the defence/left back as much as he did this season.  Preferably I want that gap closed this year as I think some of the cuter teams will exploit that whole; but generally the lower quality should mean that the impact will not be so great this season.

Worthy should play him as a striker though!

OTBC 

Why wouldn''t he want to?  That''s where he played in the run-in to the Div 1 Championship season and he seemed happy enough then.  The alternative to playing him ''out left'' is to play him as a central striker, which he is rubbish at (even when he IS played is one of a front two he spends most of the time drifting out to the left wing).  What he DOESN''T like is having to do anything at all when the opposition have the ball, but even playing up front shouldn''t excuse you from that.  If he really wanted to play in the middle he could at least look remotely like he wanted to be there (and not look so uncomfortable when near the goal).  We played him up front in away games for most of this season, at which point we had scored the least away goals in the league because he is NOT a striker.  He isn''t a midfilder either, of course, which is the problem he''ll always present you with...

[quote]he will probably be given the freedom to go and cause havoc all over the pitch[/quote]

And we''ve all seen the type of havoc he can cause in this league!

He''s one of the main reasons i cant wait til this season starts, the way we were playing the season before last with him on top form was superb.

This added with a proven goalscorer in Ashton, makes me wet my pants in excitement for the coming season!

I''m not going to get all cocky and say we''ll walk it, but with those two players i''ve just mentioned, we''d be a lil gutted if we werent up there at the end wouldnt we?

[quote]And we''ve all seen the type of havoc he can cause in this league! He''s one of the main reasons i cant wait til this season starts, the way we were playing the season before last with him on top form ...[/quote]

I''ll be gutted if we''re not up there at the end of the season with that forward line! Hucks, Ashton & Mckenzie should rip most fizzy pop defenses apart!! OTBC!!

However, if Ashton goes to a premiership club i.e Everton (which I''m still not ruling out) we''re gonna need a good replacement to bang the goals away!

[quote]I''ll be gutted if we''re not up there at the end of the season with that forward line! Hucks, Ashton & Mckenzie should rip most fizzy pop defenses apart!! OTBC!! However, if Ashton goes to a prem...[/quote]

Forwards often get you into play offs. WE must sort the defence!

Just to add some points to this thread , Huckerby , by nature , rarely complains about anything !       if you look at the career of this man ,you will see a history of  intense criticism  of him , followed by  Hucks  intense efforts  to remedy  whatever  is at fault .....  in doing so he`s developed his own style  for attainment  and survival , the LAST thing we should do is  attempt to  shackle him into any  position  !!!   

Hucks IS a striker ,   far more so than Mackenzie  ,  or even  Ashton !   check his record ...

If there can be any criticism of Hucks , it will be that he should  get an ego      ,  too unselfish by far  .

We are f****g  lucky to have him on board  in the coming season !!!!!!!!!