Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

End of season celebration cancelled

At last somebody  at the top is acknowledging our precarious position...... maybe too late though !!

its a poor gesture from the club, its an attempt to show they are making an effort and everyones in it togetherway too little too lateutter 5h1t3

probably for the best, can you imagine how boring hughtons speech would be ?

[quote user="Little Tiny Phil"]Trouble is the season ended today![/quote]

It appears that in their arrogance they assumed that it did !!!! [:@]

[quote user="mendhams_rusty_shank"]its a poor gesture from the club, its an attempt to show they are making an effort and everyones in it togetherway too little too lateutter 5h1t3

probably for the best, can you imagine how boring hughtons speech would be ? [/quote]

Given the choice between cancelling it and not, they made the correct one in my opinion.

How petty of you to criticise in such a way that neither decision would have met your approval, and how insulting of you to think nobody would notice.

its an empty gesture to try and take some heat off

and, end of season dinners, should be held, at the end.of.the.season

[quote user="mendhams_rusty_shank"]its an empty gesture to try and take some heat off

and, end of season dinners, should be held, at the end.of.the.season[/quote]

Planning it for now was probably a mistake. But don''t criticise them for cancelling it.

Lets hope this is the begining of the cancellations, the next one being hughtons contract.

Totally correct to cancel but for the wrong reason. I was due to attend but glad it has been cancelled although I was looking forward to meeting Nutty and Morty :-)

Arranging it for today demonstrated more than a little complacency. Much like announcing a record signing for the summer and a pre-season tour in which we''ll be the first Premier League side to play San Jose or Portland, can''t remember which.

Egg could well be all over our faces.

Best save the cash in case we need it next season.

On another note, if the worst came to the worst and we do go down I also hope that they also cancel changing the kit every season and the grade A £50 tickets

Allegedly this was due to McNally changing his order. He now wants Chris Hughton''s head on a plate.

Think there is another message we can read into the club''s decision and Pyro Pete is correct, maybe even meant in irony. I expect the board to respond to the current situation. Possible day after Man City regardless of result.

I do wonder if it''s to stop any potential trouble though. I could imagine a lot of comments and questions being thrown towards the management team if the fans get the chance

You''re welcome, Bury Yellow.  Gallows humour and all that (excuse the pun).But yes, McNally doesn''t strike me as the kind of chief executive that rewards failure. Even if Hughton was his choice.

I heard the room had already been decorated for the occasion with big posters saying ''''well done NCFC for another successful season'''', RVW speech on how he is looking forward to challenging for the premier league golden boot and that it was been funded by next years tv deal cheque.

[quote user="Fraz"]I heard the room had already been decorated for the occasion with big posters saying ''''well done NCFC for another successful season'''', RVW speech on how he is looking forward to challenging for the premier league golden boot and that it was been funded by next years tv deal cheque.[/quote]

I believe McNally stated several times that the RVW deal was funded from this years budget.

[quote user="Little Tiny Phil"]How can you have an end of season celebration before the season ends?[/quote]

Ours did --today

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Totally correct to cancel but for the wrong reason. I was due to attend but glad it has been cancelled although I was looking forward to meeting Nutty and Morty :-)[/quote]

Would you like a photograph of me Bury[:^)]

[quote user="mendhams_rusty_shank"]its an empty gesture to try and take some heat off

and, end of season dinners, should be held, at the end.of.the.season[/quote]I agree, why on earth would you have an end of season dinner at any other time than at the end of season is beyond me.

[quote user="Jersey Canary"][quote user="mendhams_rusty_shank"]its an empty gesture to try and take some heat off

and, end of season dinners, should be held, at the end.of.the.season
[/quote]

I agree, why on earth would you have an end of season dinner at any other time than at the end of season is beyond me.
[/quote]

... because they simply ignored all the pantwetters and arrogantly assumed we''d be safe by now as we were unbeaten at home since December and the bookies had us at 30/1 for relegation.