Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Referees and tackling

Watching the game back on MOTD, thought we played much better (& Holt looked much sharper and threatening) but two things stand out again:1) Poor refereeing. How did Bennett stay on the pitch for Villa. Plenty of fouls after his yellow card, but if the ref gives a penalty, he''s awarding it for a deliberate foul and the player has to get yellow or red carded. Yellow and he''d have gone! So thanks again for yet another poor decision. Final 15 mins against 10 men might have changed things significantly2) No tackling. Agbonlohors goal was almost a repeat of the Reading one. He picks the ball up in hbis own half runs and runs and our entire team back away until he shoots and scores. Not one person trying to block him, let alone tackle him. Even schoolboy coaching says get players in front of the opposing, simply to blunt the attacking play, slow them down. Every players just backed away.Also though Bunn could and should have done better with both goals. But there you go

I''ve always defended Bunn, but I thought he was poor yesterday.

I think we try so hard we''re shot around 70 - 80 minutes (typified by Snodgrass).

We actually had a bit of luck; the foul started outside the box, so it should have been a free kick. The defender should have been sent off - but that wouldn''t have helped. We can''t score.

Our problem was illustrated in the first few minutes when Pilkington put in a cross which beat the Villa defence. Unfortunately 2 of our players had already rushed into the box & there was nobody following up. We just don''t know how to attack properly any more.

We don''t seem to know how to keep formations any more either.Just shows what having pace in your team does for you, which like for things with NCFC we also lack

Poor ref (again) 2 ways to look at it, Bennett should have been long gone before but then he wouldnt have been on the pitch for us to get the Pen.

As for not making any difference, them down to 10 men creates gaps, knowing Lambert he would have made them pay 3 at the back in order to push for the result (did with us a couple of times) which again cretaes gaps and space at the back.

The final cross was a big problem yesterday, think every corner was straight in the keepers hands. One time he got caught out was when Holtys header was just wide.

I have no idea why they didnt show it on MOTD Benteke should have gone off, also he would have missed rest of season, that was a big desision buggered.

The other thing I wanted to see was the Offside in the 1sthalf, Radio Norfolk made it clear and I thought at the time it wasnt, and would have the BBC have shown all the Bennett fouls had CH not brought it up in the interview ?

Absolutely disgraceful referee AGAIN ! Benteke grabbed Bassong by the throat. Red card. No other option. But he bottled it. Bennett pulls down Snodders for the pen, 2nd yellow, off he goes. Bottled it again. We should''ve been playing 9 men and villa should be without Benteke for the rest of the season. No justice, no luck....... No premier league next season.