Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

what do the fans want?

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Like it or not it was the usual suspects, Snodgrass, Howson and Johnson who lost us the game today... [/quote]

Utter, utter tosh but I expect nothing less from you.

[/quote]

What crap jas. absolute garbage.

Howson had a very good game today. The other 2 were only just behind him.

The difference today was the attack. Our midfield measured up quite well against theirs.[/quote]watch the highlights, Pilkingtons missed tackle and Howson not making any attempt to win the ball for the first goal.also, the space we give them to play an unchallenged ball for the 2nd goal, No pressure, no hassling....

The similarity of their first and Reading''s goal the other week were startling - it is as if they learned nothing at all, that was the most disappointing thing for me. Well, that and the fact that you just can''t see us scoring the same way, seems we are too scared to shoot.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Like it or not it was the usual suspects, Snodgrass, Howson and Johnson who lost us the game today... [/quote]

[/quote]

The difference today was the attack. Our midfield measured up quite well against theirs.[/quote]watch the highlights, Pilkingtons missed tackle and Howson not making any attempt to win the ball for the first goal.also, the space we give them to play an unchallenged ball for the 2nd goal, No pressure, no hassling....

[/quote]

Don''t talk such sh*t. Pilks made a poor attempt to track him, Nd didn''t make the tackle. By the time Howson got across to him he''d already pulled the ball onto his right foot and hit the shot.

There is no way you can blame howson for that, but I guess he''s the scapegoat now the old one is gone.

Howson was 2nd in the MOTM pecking order behind Bennett.

[quote user="QHcanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t talk such sh*t. Pilks made a poor attempt to track him, Nd didn''t make the tackle. By the time Howson got across to him he''d already pulled the ball onto his right foot and hit the shot.

There is no way you can blame howson for that, but I guess he''s the scapegoat now the old one is gone.

Howson was 2nd in the MOTM pecking order behind Bennett.[/quote]thanks for agreeing with me Re Pilks.. if it''s talking Sh*t then at least you''re thinking the same sh*t....Still don''t agree re Howson, not scapegoating him as we should have cut the attack out 20 yards further up the pitch. but put the foot in, make Agbonlahor hurry the shot, bring him down if needs be.... make the effort.

I think I''ve realised why Fox doesn''t play.

He''s too weak. Too easily knocked off the ball.

Wes has the same problem to an extent, but has toughened up a lot since League 1.

It''s a sad fact, but you have to be physically strong to be successful in the Prem. Stoke have survived on physicality.

it''s not a question of having huge biceps & brawny legs, it''s more a question of coordination & balance.

Being quick helps, but even players like Suarez can keep their feet (when he wants!). And Fox isn''t quick.

And did he ever head the ball? Or score? Once, according to Wiki.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="QHcanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Howson was 2nd in the MOTM pecking order behind Bennett.[/quote]thanks for agreeing with me Re Pilks.. if it''s talking Sh*t then at least you''re thinking the same sh*t....Still don''t agree re Howson, not scapegoating him as we should have cut the attack out 20 yards further up the pitch. but put the foot in, make Agbonlahor hurry the shot, bring him down if needs be.... make the effort.[/quote]

I only thought you were wrong about Howson. I always agreed on Pilks. By the time Howson got acRoss to the man that Pilks let go it was too late.

You could also say that Bassong could have closed him down as the 2 runners were the job of the full backs. The back 4 dropped too deep. I guess they were worried about the pace of Agbonlahor getting in behind them.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The similarity of their first and Reading''s goal the other week were startling - it is as if they learned nothing at all, that was the most disappointing thing for me. Well, that and the fact that you just can''t see us scoring the same way, seems we are too scared to shoot.[/quote]

I made this point on the match thread yesterday.  We backed off allowing a run and a shot, combined with poor goal-keeping. Ruddy has to start next game !!!!