Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

To sack or not to sack....

Looking at other teams who have ''pulled the trigger'', I can''t help but wonder whether it is something we would be foolish to do or not...

Sunderland and Saints have both ridden a little bit of that new manager feeling, Reading not quite so well but then they managed a great win yesterday at our bogey ground!

Admittedly any sacking and appointment for two games is an almost ridiculous gamble but would it be any worse than the status quo...?

Half of me kept expecting to wake up today and see a ''Hughton'' sacked headline with perhaps say an O''Neil or some other unemployed manager to come in for the two games. I really am undecided on whether it would be in our interests to do it...if pushed I''d say probably stick with Hughton but I just can''t abide the thought of another 4-5-1 next week with limited attacking play.

Realistically if you get shot now then the caretaker would have to come from within the club. Calderwood and Trollope would have to go too and without a Reserve Team the only realistic option would be Adams with Hucks assisting.

We have no choice but to stick.

Sadly I think you''re right.

If we do by some great escape stay in the league. Then how long would you give the current team? If we stay up then I suppose he needs a chance with some new signings.

I definitely wouldn''t sack him now, but up or down at the end of the season, I think his time is up.He has taken a free scoring, motivated group of players and well....we''ve all seen this season.  We seem to be tactically vacant and, despite intentions, just as leaky at the back (when it really matters) as we were last year.This season has been masked by that amazing run in the middle.  Without that we would have already been relegated with QPR and Reading.  The vast majority of this season has been very, very poor and that is what we should be judging Hughton and the team on.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]the only realistic option would be Adams with Hucks assisting.[/quote]Are you honestly telling me that you think Hughton will do a better job of getting a result when we so badly need it, than two great former players who will be fully motivating a clearly demoralised squad for the final two games?Hughton had his chance all season and blew it, whereas Adams has made our Youth team look as good as - if not better than anyone else''s, and got them to the cup final on top of this, playing attractive attacking football.It''s a no-brainer for me, get Adams and Hucks in, and say goodbye to horrible negative football (for 2 games at least!).

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]the only realistic option would be Adams with Hucks assisting.[/quote]
Are you honestly telling me that you think Hughton will do a better job of getting a result when we so badly need it, than two great former players who will be fully motivating a clearly demoralised squad for the final two games?

Hughton had his chance all season and blew it, whereas Adams has made our Youth team look as good as - if not better than anyone else''s, and got them to the cup final on top of this, playing attractive attacking football.

It''s a no-brainer for me, get Adams and Hucks in, and say goodbye to horrible negative football (for 2 games at least!).
[/quote]

Agreed !!