Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Hughton out - my reasons

(Apologise for the poorly formatted post, was a copy and paste job)

Whether you agree or not, I''m just going to scribble down my thoughts on why Chris Hughton should be sacked.

1) No new striker was bought in August. And yet Hughton seemed desperate to get rid of James Vaughan. Why? His injury record is not brilliant, but left us with a small group of strikers. Harry Kane, a rookie striker, was bought in last minute. Panic loan written all over it.

2) Simeon Jackson. He started a few games early on and actually did OK for us. Was doing well against Liverpool at home but was hauled off at half time. Then we changed system and he''s hardly had a sniff since. A few sub appearances here and there, and thrown on with a couple of minutes to go when it''s too late. Clearly not rated by CH and I think Jacko knows it. His confidence has been destroyed.

3) Elliott Bennett. Every time he''s had a decent game (Posh in the Cup, Reading at home, Swansea at home), he''s been dropped for the next game. And often replaced by players such as Pilks who have been mainly ineffective. Again, his confidence must have been shot to pieces.

4) Substitutions. Inability by our manger to change a game. They''re often too late or substitutions by numbers. Suggests he has no faith in his bench - no wonder our squad lacks belief.

5) Away performances. Chris Hughton is obviously quite happy to take a point before we even kick-off. There''s been several away matches where we''ve shown no intent to win the game, a lot of these against teams for the taking. Reading, QPR and Wigan spring to mind.

6) Grant Holt. Whatever your thoughts, him playing up front on his own for most of season with little attacking support has ruined his season. His frustration at our style of play is obvious in recent weeks with his petulant displays.

7) Becchio. Bought in, had a couple of appearances and not seen since. What''s the point of buying a player and then not giving him a chance? May as well have kept Morison.

8) Lee Camp. He''s had one game and he cost us the point. Why not show some faith and give one of the young lads a chance? Pointless signing.

9) ''Little Norwich''. Before every game, whether we''re playing a big gun or a team who can''t buy a win, Hughton insists on letting us know what a brilliant team they are and how well we''ll have to perform well just to contain them. And yes, he''s said this before games against the likes of mighty Reading and QPR. We sound like a plucky non-league team hoping for a miracle. If you we''re one of his players, would you have any belief hearing things like this? The way he sets his team up for certain games suggests he is scared of the opposition.

10) David Fox. Okay, he had a poor game against Luton but so did the rest of the team, including the likes of Howson. But for a player that could offer us something a bit different, 37 minutes of league football this season is astounding. Not mobile, can''t tackle; so what! You don''t need a midfield full of tacklers, creativity is needed as well. We fail to create chances - fact.

11) Luton Town. Enough said.

12) Home is where the draw is. Newcastle and Fulham; two teams that came to Carrow Road looking for nothing more than a point and we showed no, or little, ambition to win these games. Newcastle in particular were in awful form at the time. A win in any of these games and we''d be safe by now.

13) Post match. His interviews are so uninspiring I struggle to stay awake.

I''m sure I could ramble on for hours, but the fact of the matter is we''re the most boring team in the league trying to draw ourselves to safety. With relegation a possibility, Mr Negative has to go whether we stay up or not.

OTBC

The fact there are thirteen reasons is embarrassing. How many reasons to sack the guy is enough? I''d have said four or five.

Take out the unbeaten run and its 2 wins in 24 league games and getting knocked out the cup by a non league team! People have been sacked for alot worse! He might keep us up and people will say hes done his job...i would say not very well though!!

Good post.

1) Agree. He keeps saying we haven''t got the fire power upfront. Well, as you say, why get rid of Vaughan, get in a 19 year old and thats it. Kamara has done okay, but he''s not a permanent solution.

2)Agree. Considering how few goals we''ve managed this season it seems inexplicable how he hasn''t played more. Again, he isn''t premiership quality, but he works hard and if what your playing isn''t getting goals then why not change it.

3) Agree. Elliott Bennett is one of my favourite players and I am so disappointed that he has played so little. He was excellent against Swansea and Reading and then dropped. Makes no sense at all. He is still remarkably fit and to me he is better than Snodgrass.

4)Agree. This is probably the best example of how clueless he is. If with 30 minutes to go other sides are making subs, then they have players on the pitch who have fresh legs and you don''t. Also, how do you expect subs to have an impact if you don''t give them enough time.

5)Agree. I loathe his away style. This is the sort of rubbish we had under Worthington in the Prem and that yielded 7 points from 19 games. Negative football usually gets what it deserves.

6)Agree. Him and Hoolahan have looked much worse this season. This is due to them being entirely isolated. The fans give Holt a hard time, and he has had a poor season, but how many chances does he get per game?

7)Agree. talk about panic buy. I didn''t blame him for selling Morison. I would have kept him, but the fans practically hounded him out. He scored 10 goals last season, some important ones at that, barely got a kick this year and the fans were all over him. I know his body language was often frustrating, but I would have liked to have seen him ad Holt up there.As for Becchio, he looked poor in his only game, but how can you judge based on that? Buy him and don''t even put him on the bench. Pure genius.

8)Agree. Poor keeper. Why bother when you had Rudd and Steer?

9)Agre. The "Little Old Norwich" crap is a joke. Keeping talking up the opposition, even though this is the weakest Premiership for years. He doesn''t think we belong here. Little Old Norwich will end up in the Little Old Championship and then what. He will seay how much quality Bournemouth have?

10) Agree. I''m not in the "I love David Fox Club", but he should have played far more than he has. He has looked very rusty and unfit due to lack of games, which in turn demonstrates, to me, how impressive Elliott Bennett has been.

11)Agree. Total and utter embarrassment.

12) Agree. At home to Newcastle,who were off the scale abysmal, home to Fulham, off the scale unambitious, we made no effort to win the games. Talk about weak management. After the Fulham game, i think, he stated that he''d taken a risk bringing on Kamara with 3 minutes to go. Just feeble.

13) Agree. His post match interviews are infuriating. Constantly praising the opposition, saying how we looked good for a draw, not mentioning at Stoke and Wigan that we failed to have a shot on target. Even yesterday against Villa he thinks we were the better side. What chances did we create?

I should have just written agree with the whole post. How people continue to defend him is beyond me. Blindly praising and supporting the manager doesn''t make you more of a fan. I think we will draw with WBA next week. Lets just hope and pray that 29 points is enough. I don''t think it will be and fear we may be toast on goal difference. From where we were after 17 games it is a joke. 1994-95 all over again.

Like you I could rant for hours. Lets wait and see what happens next week, but he has to go regardless.

Fantastic post, OP. Can''t wait to hear the ''painfully moderate'' happy clappers'' response to this.