Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Anybody else

Have a sleepless night ? I feel like that John Kofee from the Green Mile , just waiting to be strapped in the electric chair . Layed there thinking about the Portsmouth and Derby games , the 9-2 , the Man u and Arsenal wins and asking myself how did it come to this ? I''m sure that given an injection of players next season we would have been set up for several years in the prem and with all that money going into the academy things would have been rosy but we may never know now . Feel gutted this morning absolutely gutted and before anyone says were not down yet well you may be right but right now I can''t see how we are going to get out of this mess .

On my mind constantly, although this has been coming for a long while. Ive tried getting my head around all the maths. It seems our fate is not entirely in our hands anyway.

The stat that shocks me the most is that none of the bottom half of the table are safe at this late stage of the season.

I made it all better by putting money on our heads. Now it''s going to be a very sour win-win/lose....

That is a lie. It''s not better by any means.

This has been a gradual slide made worse by some tight decisions and events going against us ie Holts missed penalty and the refereeing blunders at Sunderland and arsenal. With such tight margins these look like being fatal. The sad reality of what is by no means certain, but a very likely outcome is there for all to see. The team look shot and we will need a mammoth effort and some good fortune to turn it around. If Wigan win on Wednesday then I do think it is curtains which is a great shame as I think we would have kicked on next season. We have gambled as a club on the striker/attacking midfield options and it looks to have rebounded on us in spectacular fashion

On my mind too. I didn''t enjoy yesterday''s game one bit - the atmosphere in the Barclay was mixed to say the least - I didn''t boo the hoolahan decision or sing ''you don''t know what your doing'' but I did get vocal about other things. The majority of fans seemed angry and there were numerous anti hughton chants/shouts. I left feeling downbeat and not enjoying what I am paying good money for.

Terrible night''s sleep.

Made the mistake of watching MOTD before going to bed and it brought it all back.

Absolutely no sympathy from the wife this morning as she doesn''t understand the emotional investment we all make in our our team and the gut-renching feeling of a defeat like yesteday.

Now off for a run to try and clear my head......

I dont get to many home games (due to financial/travelling constraints) but I have been to the last two and quite honestly I have been shocked by what I have seen. We look like a good quality Championship side, but no more than that. Yesterday there was too much carelessly giving away possession, poor crossing, overhit passes, and far too many hopeful punts upfield to non-exsistent front players.

What is the difference between us and Villa? Plain and simple - they have Premier League quality up front, and we dont. They have Agbonlahor and Benteke, with Weimann as an attacking midfielder. We have tired old Grant Holt and until yesterday, Kamara who despite his admirable workrate doesnt look like a Premier quality player. Maybe we should have kept hold of him for the Championship next season?

I''m sorry to be negative and up to yesterday I have always thought we will escape relegation, but quite frankly, unless other results miraculously all go our way, I can''t see it happening now.

...We look like a good quality Championship side, but no more than that. ...

That''s exactly what we are, PH, as we were last season.

The conjunction of us & Lambert was a once in a generation event. I don''t expect he''ll ever achieve quite as much again, &, unless we improve player quality dramatically, neither will we.

He brought in Benteke and has a better than fighting chance of keeping up an inexperienced Villa side. They said it on MOTD - a contender for manager of the season, as he should also have been last season.

I can''t remember the last time one single result hit me quite so hard. The only comparisons I can come up with was the 7-1 at home to Colchester, and the play-off final.

We look so bereft of goals and ideas

Yoda

I thought on day of Star Wars help you would.

Use the Force you could !

[quote user="spudgfsh"]I can''t remember the last time one single result hit me quite so hard. The only comparisons I can come up with was the 7-1 at home to Colchester, and the play-off final.

We look so bereft of goals and ideas[/quote]

Completely agree - said to my Missus last night that the last time I felt like this was when Lambert raped up 7-1.

Thank you Ron for a touch of realism that has been missing very recently.

Yes, we have a a good quality Championship side, and that is all. Our previous manager realised this and that is why he was busting a gut to get away as soon as he could. We did not have international players for our new manager to make use of, Aston Villa did, at least 16 of them.

We have very few Premiership players. I would suggest most of what we have were brought here by our current manager. Just for one moment all the knockers should look at the quality, or lack of it, that that manager had to work with when he came in, the amount of lower league quality that we had.

And from the very start of the season most people agreed that this season was all about survival.

Why was that? We had just finished 12th in the Premiership 10 points clear of relegation. Surely a new manager should be looking to improve?

The writing was on the wall after the terrible end to last season where we lost 8 and drew 3 of the last 14 games. Hence the reason Lambert nearly crawled to Villa to get away and why almost everyone realised we had a very big rebuilding job to be done.

Yet still we have supporters who think our players are top class! We have little or no pace anywhere on the pitch, we have little or no creativity, we are not able to provide any reasonable crosses in an entire match or provide any creativity.

But still of players like Pilkington (who was released from a Premiership club) when rumoured of a move recently to Stoke we have people writing (ncfcstar) - Proven goal scorer from the wing, good leap, plus strong set pieces and a great ball into the box. He''s worth at least £10m of anyone''s money.

Dear oh dear, dream on!

How many of our players do you really think other club''s supporters would want at their clubs? In fact how many of our players are well known by supporters of other clubs?

This is why survival was the aim and why it was always going to be tough.

Don''t be surprised because it is!

I too didn''t sleep well. Kept going over and over it. It''s rubbish.

I''ve been saying we are in a mess for a long time. Negative? Yes, but its seems I has good reason to be.

So many scenarios this week and I fear Wigan and Sunderland could win their matches. We couldn''t beat an egg at the moment :(

[quote user="yoda"]Have a sleepless night ? [/quote]

Yep!!!! Even when I did eventually get to sleep I ended up dreaming about what happend yesterday!!!! Keep going over all those stupid draws we had, which make me constantly feel sick to the stomach!!!!! I cant stand waiting another second never mind another week till our next game!!!!! Completely in denial, deep down I just know its over! but I still keep hoping that a miracle will happen!!

[quote user="Jim"]On my mind too. I didn''t enjoy yesterday''s game one bit - the atmosphere in the Barclay was mixed to say the least - I didn''t boo the hoolahan decision or sing ''you don''t know what your doing'' but I did get vocal about other things. The majority of fans seemed angry and there were numerous anti hughton chants/shouts. I left feeling downbeat and not enjoying what I am paying good money for.[/quote]

That''s the problem, Jim. Too many people thinking about bloody money, money, money when they should be more concerned about the club they ''love''(?) rather than their bloody wallets.

Screw the goddamn money, it shouldn''t be about that, your passion for Norwich City Football Club should be above bloody cash. No offence Jim but I''m fed up of seeing people go on about it, and no I''m not made of money, infact it costs me around £220 when come up for a home match but I don''t care, I love my club.

Now, irrespective of whether people love Hughton or hate the bloke - singing songs that created bad feeling during a crucial game that would have pretty much secured safety was a pretty f*cking stupid thing to do. Whether you are right or wrong with your grievances towards the management, it''s a totally mindless thing to do with the players already feeling the pressure, and will go a long way to getting us relegated (but maybe that''s what some want?). Don''t do it again against WBA please or we''ll be as much to blame and/or responsible as anyone if things go tits up...

We''ve still got every chance of staying up, and I believe we will if the players block out the anti Hughton sh1t on the pitch and find some positivity from within themselves.

OTBC

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Thank you Ron for a touch of realism that has been missing very recently.

Yes, we have a a good quality Championship side, and that is all. Our previous manager realised this and that is why he was busting a gut to get away as soon as he could. We did not have international players for our new manager to make use of, Aston Villa did, at least 16 of them.

We have very few Premiership players. I would suggest most of what we have were brought here by our current manager. Just for one moment all the knockers should look at the quality, or lack of it, that that manager had to work with when he came in, the amount of lower league quality that we had.

And from the very start of the season most people agreed that this season was all about survival.

Why was that? We had just finished 12th in the Premiership 10 points clear of relegation. Surely a new manager should be looking to improve?

The writing was on the wall after the terrible end to last season where we lost 8 and drew 3 of the last 14 games. Hence the reason Lambert nearly crawled to Villa to get away and why almost everyone realised we had a very big rebuilding job to be done.

Yet still we have supporters who think our players are top class! We have little or no pace anywhere on the pitch, we have little or no creativity, we are not able to provide any reasonable crosses in an entire match or provide any creativity.

But still of players like Pilkington (who was released from a Premiership club) when rumoured of a move recently to Stoke we have people writing (ncfcstar) - Proven goal scorer from the wing, good leap, plus strong set pieces and a great ball into the box. He''s worth at least £10m of anyone''s money.

Dear oh dear, dream on!

How many of our players do you really think other club''s supporters would want at their clubs? In fact how many of our players are well known by supporters of other clubs?

This is why survival was the aim and why it was always going to be tough.

Don''t be surprised because it is![/quote]Great post!and this is why i feel sorry for Hughton. He was on a hiding to nothing from day 1. The fans have short (Selective?) memories and we got found ut under Paul Lambert.... Like it or not he would have taken us down this season.. there''s only so far you can go punching above your weight.The truth of the matter is from day 1 in the premier league last season we have NEVER been good enough, if we stay up then we have to seriously spend... Don''t do a QPR and offer silly money but this "He costs too much" and "wages are too high" attitude needs to change.If the fans want a premiership football club then its time they started accepting that its going to cost... We have some good players in the team but as said above not one of them would get into any other premiership side, some would make the bench... the rest would be lucky if they even got to sit in the stands on a Saturday afternoon. Sadly, the players we love and adore every week, the majority of them aren''t good enough.... We have to accept it.Hughton or A N Other, whoever it is in the summer will address this, Players will leave in the summer purely because they arent good enough.. the replacements will be better... we will be a different team.WBA will be the last time we see many of these players at Carrow Road... i might say good riddance!

Great post Yellow Wall.

In reality we over-achieved to get promoted and finish 12th last year.

Lambert was able to get the best out of Championship players by continually rotating the squad and formation to keep everyone on their toes.

This season was always going to be one of transition hence the target of finishing 17th. We stand one win away from achieveing that target and will then have the money to continue building a squad capable of sustaining premiership football.

I''m struggling to think of a bigger game in my 40+ years of supporting the Canaries than West Brom next week.

Strongly disagree here I''m afraid.  The players are good enough for a lower mid table place in the Premier League - and have proved it. In fact with the exception of Kyle Naughton we have a slightly stronger squad than last season when we finished 12th.  The fault clearly lies with the manager - a fact that saaddens me because I actually quite like him.  Here''s a few simple tactical mistakes he shouldn''t have made:

1/ We have one of the best keepers in the Premier League - play him

2/ Midfield should include Hoolahan and Fox (too late to do anything about this now as Fox must be shot to pieces) and Jackson should start alongside Holt.

3/ When a cross comes in from Pilkington Bennet or Snodgrass (pick 2 from 3) the other wide player should be in the box along with Holt and Jackson to take up a position at the back post. 

4/ Full backs should overlap the wingers

That''s just for starters and although I''m quite happy for either Howson, Johnson or Tettey to come into the midfield to have more than one of those playing completely unbalances us as an attacking force.  I completely agree with the earlier post that mentioned Hughtons lack of belief and vision but sadly I fear the last 2 games will be more of the same - hang on and try for a draw and score from a set piece if possible - 1 point max from the next two games and down we go I''m afraid!