Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

The boy who cried Van Wolfswinkel

If we do go down is it totally unrealistic he''d play in the Championship?

We''ve paid 8.5m for him, which is what Blackburn paid for Rhodes, so based on transfer fee alone there is a precedent.

I know he wont want to play in the Championship, but McNally has consistently refuted claims of a release clause if the club goes down, so he may not have a choice.

Rules about players playing for clubs within certain periods may also prevent him from leaving.

Question is, we all saw what happened with Tevez - would RVW behave in a similar way, or is he more likely to buckle down and fire the club out of the division?

I imagine he will be sold on for a small gain, it''s very unlikely he will be happy to play in the Championship when there are plenty of PL clubs who will want him.

[quote user="Ginja"]I imagine he will be sold on for a small gain, it''s very unlikely he will be happy to play in the Championship when there are plenty of PL clubs who will want him.[/quote]

It has been said West Brom are watching, so this may fire them up to give us a right hammering next week.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Ginja"]I imagine he will be sold on for a small gain, it''s very unlikely he will be happy to play in the Championship when there are plenty of PL clubs who will want him.[/quote]

It has been said West Brom are watching, so this may fire them up to give us a right hammering next week.

[/quote]

Do players think like this though? Would you work extra hard in your job to make sure someone who could do your job better than you replaced you?

I can confirm West brom are NOT looking at him !

scout report was very good finisher really knows where the net is BUT very lightweight for premier league !

I thought this one had been put to bed - you can''t sign for two clubs in the same transfer window, so if he does arrive on 1st July he stays until at least 1st January. More likely that he won''t actually sign in the first place - any contract will have a cancellation clause or a way of avoiding before it commences, although it may cost him some money.