Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

How about this for positive thinking...

If Wigan fail to beat Swansea (i.e point at best) and we draw v WBA next sunday, we will be 3 points above the drop zone going into the last lot of fixtures..

I can fully accept that people arent happy with Hughton (I''m not sure I''m fully behind him anymore...) but with such a massive couple of weeks coming up, the time to discuss  his tenure is at the end of the season and not 2 games before the end of it.

We NEED to keep positive folks!

Let''s put it this way - whether we are positive or not, Hughton will clown about with his predetermined matchday plan and that will either win or lose. So I''m going to continue calling for his head immediately safe in the knowledge my thoughts won''t actually effect the end result.

You are assuming Wigan will lose to Arsenal mate, also that would mean we are still behind Villa who will likely lose to Wigan on last day meaning we''ll drop below in to bottom 3 on goal difference. That''s obviously if Newcastle pick up more points

How do you work that one out? Wigan play Arsenal before the last game at Man City. We''d be on 39 points, Wigan could have 36 going into the Arsenal game, and then 39 if they win going into the last day.

[quote user="Grant Holt''s 3 year contract"]So Wigan are going to beat Swansea, Arsenal and Aston Villa?

If that happens we may as well give up...
So not out of the realm of possibility it hurts.

So many ''ifs and buts'' at this time of the season. A small mercy is that Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal are all battling for the Champion''s League spots and could have a huge influence on the bottom of the table.

It''s not just Wigan in there, it''s anyone on 40 points and below, a win on saturday however unlikely it may feel to us at the momment will probably be enough.

You need to engage your brain before you type...I can''t quite grasp want you are wanting to say! 

I understand that we will be on 39 points and Wigan could be on 36

points but we will have one game left to play...an almost impossible

task at City and Wigan will have two games left to play! They will

probably be favourites to pick 3 points against Villa and avoid the drop

at our expense then we would be to pick up 3 at City and stay

up...that''s assuming they don''t pick up anything against Arsenal! 

Our goal difference is currently tied at the moment and Wigan will more

then likely end up with a better goal difference based on the

historical golden rule that we will probably get a complete hiding at

the Etihad!

I''ve been confident for weeks, and we have used up all our lives bar one.

If we changed our two games remaining round.

Last day of the season, at home to WBA to stay in the division you would have to take it. Not an away trip.

I''ll cheering on Chelsea today, trying to make the Arsenal games all must-wins for champions league. and chelsea are +2 on GD compared to arsenal so if by some fluke it came down to GD. Hopefully a big Arsenal win (against Wigan or Newcastle) would be enough to see us up on GD (as a Plan Z).