Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy

Squad for next year!

Well people, each year on this board I try to look at the Norwich squad for the comig season. I know that Worthy has a rule of trying to get two players for each position so I draw it up like this (sorry about the spaces!):

Green : Ward

Helveg: ?

Shackell: Docherty

?        : Fleming

Drury    : Charlton

Jonson  : Henderson

Safri     : Holt

Francis  : ?

Huckerby:Brennan

Mckenzie:Jarvis

Ashton   : ?

Right so from this, we can definitely see where Worthy need players, this could all become alot more serious if we lose more players. Some people on this board reckon we don''t need a forward, but we do. We need someone who can play in Ashtons place if his hamstring gives him hassle this year. Some of you would say, well Hendos a striker but neither him nor Jarvis have the strength to fill in for Deano. Both I think could do a job if we are missing Leon for a few games. some of us would like to see Holt go but I think the squad is already being ripped apart and we now need to keep the players we still have to keep that team spirit otherwise even if we have a better team we won''t get out of this league.

Personally, I would like us to sell Green or Francis to raise cash for some quality recruitments but in my opinion no team in the premiership will be interested in the price we will ask. The post about Safri on here worries me as I think he makes us pass the ball.

Green : Gallacher : Ward
Helveg : ????
Drury : Brennan
Doherty : Fleming
Shackell : Charlton
Jonson : Henderson
Huckerby : Mcviegh
Francis : ????
Safri : Holt
Ashton : ????
Mckenzie : Jarvis

Although Brennan can play left mid, his best position is left back which is where he lays for Canada. Hendo Is better as a striker but can do a job for us on the wing.

We need a new right back(two if Helveg leaves), a back up left mid as Mcvieghs time is up, a new attacking midfielder(two if Franny leaves), and a big striker for back upoto Deano just in case his hamstring starts playing up although Doherty did a good job of this for Ireand the other night.

Given Safris ANC committments,  his desire to collect injuries and yellow cards like they are going out of fsahion coupled with Holt appearing so below par I am firmly of the view that a further holding/combatative midfielder is also needed. 

OTBC  

[quote]Given Safris ANC committments, his desire to collect injuries and yellow cards like they are going out of fsahion coupled with Holt appearing so below par I am firmly of the view that a further holdi...[/quote]

Totally agree Zipper.

I think out of the 5 players Worthy says he wants, at least 3 of them need to be midfield players.  I mean midfield players as well NOT strikers and defenders playing out of position.