Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Stats Man

Mcnally and his choice of driver ?

Two cars set out on a journey to establish themselves in the  Premier League .The first car for the Swansea Team is driven by a very good driver in Brendan Rodgers.The second car for the Norwich team again is driven by an excellent driver in Paul Lambert.Both teams move smoothly into fourth gear and enjoy early sucess in  2011-2012 , but at the end of that season, circumstances evolved that both needed a new driver.Swansea  looked at the way the car had been driven, and decided they needed continuity. The mechanics and every body all bought into the idea that the car performed best when moving forward, and were all happy that it should continue to be driven that way. They quickly identified their new driver as Michael Laudrup.His vision was the same as his predesesor, he jumped straight into the car, liked the direction in which it was heading, tweaked a few things, and it wasn''t long before he was able to change gear to cruise-control. Swansea''s journey to an established Premier League team, remains very much on course.Norwich on the other hand didn''t look as carefully at the ethos of their new driver. They decided against continuity and went for a someone with a different vision.This became a problem for the Norwich mechanics who had been used to setting their car up, to go forward. Taking  longer to appoint their new man at the wheel, Chris Houghton, whose ideas were not the same as his predesesor, he, shortly after getting into the car, decided to SLAM IT IN REVERSE. This move completely ruined the engine, and after limping over the line in May 2013, the car was dumped into the scrap yard called The Champioship.

On paper, Hughton was a good appointment. I''ll admit that much, because I thought it was at the time. As his average level of management has leveled out throughout the season though, it''s become obvious that he isn''t up to the task. So, I don''t blame McNally for choosing this driver - but I do blame him for not bringing him in for a pitstop to change drivers (Like in Le Mans, you see?).

Stig wrote the following post at 2013-05-05 3:26 PM:

On paper, Hughton was a good appointment. I''ll admit that much, because I thought it was at the time. As his average level of management has leveled out throughout the season though its become obvious he isn''t up to the task.

Spot on stig AVERAGE level of management. He took Newcastle up with a squad that was expected to get promoted - he diid nothing with Birmingham and he will do nothing with Norwich City. He was at best average, and that was exactly why Newcastle did not see him as the ideal manager to keep them in the prem, and they got rid! It is another huge mistake by the owners and board of NCFC. Delia and MWJ called Rioch and Hamilton ''the dream team''. Wonder what words they now have for Hughton!

Not the firs time they appear to have been led up the proverbial by a club executive. And why oh why did they allow McNally to negotiate a three year contract! Big mistake!