Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

McNally you know what to do.

Ok so i have posted on here about, is it time for mcnally''s axe?

I am sitting here thinking, why not sack Hughton now and get Martin O''Neill in for the west brom and Man city games.

I know its sudden but i think we need this, who wants to be biting their nails next sunday when we still play the same way under hughton for 90 mins looking for that 1-0 win?

Everyone knows a new manger gives the team a lift, and it may just save our season.

If O''neill gets signed by another team and we still have Hughton would you all be pi**ed off. I would. Why do we have to hold interviews for weeks before we get a new manger? Why not just smash and grab him? He''s sitting at hoe and unemployed!

Come on lets get him now!

I think Hughton can get us a win against West Brom, but he still has to go IMO.  O''Neill is a good shout whether in the Prem or Champs !!

Firstly why would MON come here for 2 games and potentially follow up his sacking at Sunderland with relegation here?

Secondly, what makes you think he''d save us when he looked like taking Sunderland down.

As I said on another thread, if McNally swings his axe now the Caretaker would have to come from within the club. Calderwood and Trollope would get axed too so in all likelihood we''d end up with Neil Adams with Hucks as his assistant.

We have to stick with what we''ve got, it''s too late to change it now.

Lots of people saying how McNally should "wield the axe"This is the same McNally, who.. depending on who you speak too Sacked/Forced Lambert out/ Didnt fight Villa hard to keep him...for so many fans being Anti Hughton it was McNally who hired him and also caved in to Holt''s contract demands....question is.. who''s going to wield the axe on McNally? Fantastic CEO when the club is going well, but the high profile Gaffe''s all have his name above them... Perhaps accountability should be challenged elsewhere?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Firstly why would MON come here for 2 games and potentially follow up his sacking at Sunderland with relegation here?

Secondly, what makes you think he''d save us when he looked like taking Sunderland down.

As I said on another thread, if McNally swings his axe now the Caretaker would have to come from within the club. Calderwood and Trollope would get axed too so in all likelihood we''d end up with Neil Adams with Hucks as his assistant.

We have to stick with what we''ve got, it''s too late to change it now.[/quote]
It''s not though. This move could happen in a matter of hours if the club does it right. Oh god, I suddenly want this to happen so bad. I''ve officially fallen off the fence and onto stranger pastures. Hughton out.

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Firstly why would MON come here for 2 games and potentially follow up his sacking at Sunderland with relegation here?

It''s not though. This move could happen in a matter of hours if the club does it right. Oh god, I suddenly want this to happen so bad. I''ve officially fallen off the fence and onto stranger pastures. Hughton out.
[/quote]how do we know it could take Hours? Martin O''Neill could be on holiday for 2 weeks for all you know and unable to get back into the country beforte then?O''Neils passion went out of the game a long time ago... you can tell that in his interviews with Sunderland, I don''t think we will see him in management again....he was here before remember, resigned on the DAY OF A GAME against the team he then went on to manage.... thats the character of the man... no thanks!

And Jas, I expect you think Roswell is true and we didn''t land on the moon.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Firstly why would MON come here for 2 games and potentially follow up his sacking at Sunderland with relegation here?

Sorry but O''Neil could be here on tuesday! It only takes a phone all to sack and employ. Why would we need caretakers, did sunderland? Did southampton?

I would feel rather happier with o''neill next sunday than hughton.

Sorry but O''Neil could be here on tuesday! It only takes a phone all to sack and employ. Why would we need caretakers, did sunderland? Did southampton?

I would feel rather happier with o''neill next sunday than hughton.

Why would anyone want to come in for 2 games, one of which is away at Man City?

It would be a very short list of people wanting the job.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Stig"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Firstly why would MON come here for 2 games and potentially follow up his sacking at Sunderland with relegation here?

[/quote]how do we know it could take Hours? Martin O''Neill could be on holiday for 2 weeks for all you know and unable to get back into the country beforte then?O''Neils passion went out of the game a long time ago... you can tell that in his interviews with Sunderland, I don''t think we will see him in management again....he was here before remember, resigned on the DAY OF A GAME against the team he then went on to manage.... thats the character of the man... no thanks![/quote]
Doesn''t stop me hoping now!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Why would anyone want to come in for 2 games, one of which is away at Man City?

It would be a very short list of people wanting the job.[/quote]
Because he could potentially keep us up and have a lot to play with over the summer. Or, if  he fails he could leave again and we''ll get a new manager for the Championship like we needed to anyway. It''s a win win situation!

Martin O''Neil''s wife has had a recurrence of a previous illness and is not a well lady sadly. That could well have been a critical factor in his less than inspiring performance as Sunderland Manager and he means that won''t be taking on anything else in the foreseeable future.  

There is more chance of Garrido scoring a hat-trick next week than McNally sacking Hughton and talking MON into coming in for 2 games.

Never going to happen in a million years.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]There is more chance of Garrido scoring a hat-trick next week than McNally sacking Hughton and talking MON into coming in for 2 games.

Never going to happen in a million years.[/quote]
Well... yeah, I know. Damn it.

McNally sacked gunn when he knew it was time and Lambert was going anyway, you can''t keep them all.

Hughton was a good choice at the time but seems to have lost his way now, lets not keep him two games too long.

With O''Neill we won''t go down.

And if we did then can you think of anyone else out there or do you want another championship manager that jumps from club to club like leeds, reading, ipswich, wolves etc etc.

Come on everyone lets do this now!

I know its sunday but lets wake up. Its make or break.

I don''t want no MOTD! :-)

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Firstly why would MON come here for 2 games and potentially follow up his sacking at Sunderland with relegation here? Secondly, what makes you think he''d save us when he looked like taking Sunderland down. As I said on another thread, if McNally swings his axe now the Caretaker would have to come from within the club. Calderwood and Trollope would get axed too so in all likelihood we''d end up with Neil Adams with Hucks as his assistant. We have to stick with what we''ve got, it''s too late to change it now.[/quote]

[/quote]

See, its not so bad once you''re in, but you''re right, it could be set up today.

Huge gamble but I would take Adams and Hucks - Craig Fleming could provide some balance to the management team with his defensive nous.

[quote user="Mellow Yellow"]NO! We need to stick with Hughton we do not want to become a sacking club. All you doom merchants, we may yet stay up...! [/quote]
The hesitation gave you away!

I wouldn''t want O''Neill anywhere near our club again.He''s shown time and time again that he simply wants to go to a club, spend a huge chunk of money (relatively speaking), and then either packs his bags when he doesn''t get it, or the club gets fed up and bins him.Whilst Chase had his problems, I can''t forgive O''Neill for walking out on us in the manner he did, and he''s also WAY past his best now anyway.I''d much rather put Adams in charge for the last two and get him to use the tactics that worked so well for our Youth team this year against WBA and ingMan City. Potentially all we need is a big result against WBA to get us safe, and we are NOT likely to get that when Hughton will set up hope we don''t concede (rather than playing for the win) and then hope that the teams below us, save him from his own incompetence...

If we stay up and are still playing like this by November, he has to go.

I can''t stand this anymore.

[quote user="BW''s Cat "][quote]If we stay up and are still playing like this by November, he has to go.

I can''t stand this anymore.[/quote]
November is far more generous than he deserves. Survival or not, his record has been worthy of being sacked - so I''d sack him on that basis, whether he feels it unfair or not.

Short memories. If ONeil was still at sunderland then they would be going down. He is not the manager he used to be. Hughton should be given a chance if we go down, if by Christmas things are not right then the decision is obvious. He got 110 % out of a very poor Birmingham side don''t forget

Far to late now to change it, we just have to pray he can pull off one more win. The time to get shot was after the Luton game, alarm bells should have been ringing for months.