Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

He's gone....

out and made us play attacking yesterday, in the First half we gave a good showing of ourselves but once again failed to test the keeper.I''d like to see us be more inventive in front of goal, shots from distance maybe.... Rather than just getting it wide and trying to cross it into the waiting arms of the keeper.4-4-2 for the last 2 games, Maybe time for Becchio to show what he can do... if he grabs a goal it could keep us up.

I also wonder if it might be time for Jacko - has come good at the end of the season before (not that he has had much of a chance this season).

I do think there has been attacking intent, but despair at our lack of shooting - we don''t seem to have many players willing to have a go, but it is often ricochets/blocks that create the clearer opportunities.

Holt is just a shadow of the player from the last three seasons. he would have got at least one goal from the chances he had yesterday, in previous seasons. we are effectively playing without a striker these days.

Unfortunately you are right, I have backed him this season in the belief that the style of play doesn''t suit him, which it clearly doesn''t, but regrettably there is more to it than that. His desire to getinvolvedin personal battles on the pitch has always been part of his game, but now that seems to be the main part of his game with.ittle else to go with it. I was very sad watching him yesterday because finally I had to admit to myself that''s he''s had it.

We must all remember that Holt was brought here to do a job in League One. He did that job.

Many of us thought he wouldn''t cut it at Championship level, but he done the job there too

Most of us thought he would not cut it in the Premier League. But in his first season he had a constant supply of chances, due to the attacking nature of our play, and scored an impressive amount of goals.

This season chances have been few and far between because of the more defensive style of play. He is also a year older, and a year off the pace of the Premier League. IMO he is the wrong type of forward for the way Hughton wants to play. I think Hughton''s biggest mistake was persuading him to stay. If he had left, we would of HAD to buy a new striker in the summer.We should have bought a new striker anyway (summer or January). The club learned nothing from the Dean Ashton situation.

I thought we played well yesterday, especially first half, but we just lacked a dynamique, mobile centre forward, who can score from 2 or 3 chances, or make goals for himself out of nothing. I hope we stay up to see if RVW is that player.

I think hotly had a good game yesterday, if he was allowed to be the old fashioned battering ram centre forward we know and love he would have a lot more goals

How is he supposed to score out on the wing trying to get. Crosses in to a empty box

holts had a strike partner for the last 3 seasons, whether it was morison, jackson, martin, wilbrahimovic etc. And more often than not it was hoolahan just behind them. This season holtys mostly been stuck up there by himself with wes occasionally behind, its easy to play against because you mark wes out of the equation and it all goes quietwe had two plans (at least). 442 or 41212. Now we have one, and it doesnt work, but hughtons persisted with it all season long, probably because hes too stubborn to admit hes wrong and is a ''i will go down with my ship'' typenow we play 451/433 but again its a defensive 433 with 3 midfielders sitting, and two wide mostly defensive wingers. Hughtons plan is to pack the midfield to make it hard to play through, which sacrifices the attacking side of things, which also suggests he doesnt really have the faith in the players to go out and win games, the players arent stupid, they will have worked out the gaffer is sending them out to play a certain way because he doesnt think they can out score their opponents any striker would struggle to score goals in this team with these tactics, unless they were van persieit wasnt broke, hughton broke it

goals win games

one thing i forgot - its funny as the one time this season hughton really went for it, was in the league cup against spurs, where he threw on strikers for the last ten minutes and sent the team forward, all of a sudden it was 2-1 within 5 minutes and probably the most attacking weve seen them all season

The forum''s oldest and heaviest contributor and still talking absolute rubbish. It''s unprecedented.