Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Helveg's early season comment!!

I remember close to the beginning of the season Helveg suggesting that he liked English football because it wasn''t a matter of life or death in the mould of playing in Italy. I was rather worried at the time when he made this comment and wondered whether his commitment would be sufficient enough. I think that this is a question still unanswered. I wonder whether Helveg thought playing for a club like Norwich would allow him to shine and he would be guarateed a place in the team due to his reputation and subsequently his effort has been slightly lacking!???

Its unfortunate really that a potentially awesome signing by Worthy last year is looking like its going to blow up in his face!

First Eddy goes on a run of form that keeps the Danish captain out of his natural position, then presumably (and rightly) questions why he''s probably being paid a lot less and finds himself on his way our of the door for the bother.

Now Helveg (or Martin Olsen, more like, as most of the "need to be playing for a better club" comments have come from him) looks like he may leave, when he would likely be supreme in the fizzy league (can you imagine QPR players trying to get past the Danish captain - would be amusing if nothing else!)...