Sign in to follow this  
Mr 4-6-0

James Vaughan

I''m not sure if anybody has posted this already, but, Imo JV should be congratulated for his 14 goals this season, in a team that has spent a lot of the season trying to avoid getting dragged further into a relegation battle.

I believe his presence in the side could be vital for us next season. 

I just hopes he avoids being the top goal scorer pre-season or Hughton (if his still here) will send him out on loan again (without a recall clause obviously!)

Real pity if that is true.

Although, he is the only PL quality striker we had, so why would he want to play another season in the Championship?

I don''t doubt that if he secure the right move for himself his reputation will start to grow

Well, I would like to think that he is heading back here ready for training in the morning to help the Forwards get a few tips where the net is.

Reading his tweets (without hardly mentionly his parent club) looks like he is going on holiday and he thinks he can put his feet up. Considering we have probably paid most of his wages this season and last season when he was injured be nice to get a little something back.

In terms of unsettled, yes sounds that way but couldnt be much fun being injured for such long periods and your are homesick.

He will be gone in the summer, pity as at least we know he can score in the championship !!

In fairness to him Steps, how many times has hughton mentioned his name this season?

It should be no surprise that he is not overly keen to return to a club where he does not feel valued or wanted.

Keeping Huddersfield in the Championship turned out to be his job this season. He should be blamed for the failure of certain pasty faced lard arses at Carrow Road to do there''s.

At least he hasn''t taken the opportunity of an interview with the Daily Telegraph to whine about how he should have been in the England squad last summer (despite having only scored 4 goals this season).

I agree sacked, all Im saying is it would be nice to at least acknowledge the situation we are in and offer whatever he can to help.

He might be told to bugger off for all we know but I am sure he is buzzing right now and I think that wouldnt go amiss tomorrow on the training ground.

and I agree about the Telegraph, year too late but ....

I now that football is a different world and all that, but, I don''t think I would ever have bothered doing anything similar for my employers.

I think there is a bigger issue of what has happened to the team spirit the typified the squad under Lambert, but, seems to have disappeared under Hughton.

I thought Vaughan might be able to play for us now but, apparently not. I too have heard he/his Mrs doesn''t like the area, so that''s that!!

[quote user="step"]pity as at least we know he can score in the championship !![/quote]We know that Becchio can score in the Championship, but it hasn''t helped him get a game has it...?

It might be my mis-reading of the article, but, it almost sounded as though the decision to accept LB in exchange from SM wasn''t his.