Sign in to follow this  
Stig

Suggestion Box?

I don''t know if there is a suggestion box on this website, so I''ll make a suggestion box thread to have a suggestion box.
I suggest this site needs a suggestion box so that we can add ideas to improve the site. Not to say that it is bad, it''s really quite good - the best platform to discuss all things NCFC with other fans. It''s especially better than WOTB horrific website format. However, I can''t help but feel this forum is stuck in the early 00''s. 
I suggest the following within the suggestion box:An edit button, so we can correct errors within our posts. This would arguably lead to better posts, with points being made clearer if they said something better. It would also likely lead to less moderation from... the moderators(?) because people would be able to edit their own posts if something truly offensive came up. Really, I can''t help but feel an edit button should be a given in this day and age of forums.
A filter option, so we can filter certain words or users that we find unpleasant. This would lead to less arguments amongst people that just don''t get on, of which there are. It could be argued that this is healthy debate but I can''t help but notice sometimes it just jumps to being personal right away. I just remembered there is a swear word filter, so that''s all well and good.
An option to remove our own threads, or delete our own posts. Self explanatory - would be helpful if multiple threads are created on the same topic, again reducing the need for individual moderation when we are doing it ourselves.
If anyone else has any suggestions it''d be great to throw them in here, I don''t know if this will get noticed - but it''s just some ideas I''d been mulling over as I use this forum increasingly more often. Bring the old girl up to date [;)]

I suggest someone somehow nukes this sham of a message board, whatever the case may be, staying up or going down, Hughton in or Hughton out, my old man could floor your old man crap it''s painful to say the very least, petty ruining of almost every thread...................horrible. OTBC

Well hold up a sec there Twitchy, the Hughton in or out debate is a relevant and on topic debate, as is staying up or going down. The problem comes in when people try and hold their opinions over other people - which is completely unjust and as can be seen in one particular thread at the moment flys out of control with no consequence to the posters. I just think for this place to be made better and more accommodating it needs to have modern things that come with a forum. I think if we all ask very politely we can get these changes in and have a much better environment for discussion, I hope we all agree.

You are right Stig the Hughton in or out debate is very much relevant it''s what bitchy childish crap that attaches itselfs from the never ending clowns which kills me................and this board.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Aaaaaand there goes another one.[/quote]
If we all ask nicely, eh? [:)]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Aaaaaand there goes another one.[/quote]Ah right, its okay for idiots to poke at me, but wrong when I do it?I have pointed out his hypocrisy, I have nothing more to say to him.

[quote user="Twitchy"]You are right Stig the Hughton in or out debate is very much relevant it''s what bitchy childish crap that attaches itselfs from the never ending clowns which kills me................and this board.[/quote]
Which is why I think a filter option would be brilliant, it would encourage better posts because:A) People don''t want to be filtered, they want to be heard
B) If eventually they realise their posts aren''t being responded to, they will realise they''ve been filtered and will change it up.
C) With the edit feature, they can return to a post and edit it accordingly if it is outrageous and got them filtered.
Alternatively, it could just be used to ignore the opposing opinion - but at the very least I implore a trial period.

The debates are fine no matter what the topic (or so I''m told) it''s the handbags horse crap that lets everything down..............again.

And as if by magic, bang there goes another thread, it''s like message board tourettes.

Not sure what thread you''re pointing to, but if that''s the case then here is another suggestion:Actual moderator(s) that frequent the board. Not an employment from Pink''Un - but have SDP hold a Skype interview or two and work out some candidates. Again, even if it''s on a trial period.

[quote user="Twitchy"]And as if by magic, bang there goes another thread, it''s like message board tourettes.[/quote]

Is that why you''re called Twitchy?