I have no strong views on whether we should have signed him or not. He offered something different but for me probably not enough to earn a contract. What does surprise me though is that they played him in the last few fixtures when it looks as if they had more or less made up their mind. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but perhaps giving becchio a couple of outings when he is our player and had 19 championship goals to his name could have been a better call

YC, I think the best thing we can do at the moment is not try and fathom what is going on. I''m sure Hughton has his reasons, but they won''t be reasonable enough for me.

I find the whole Becchio thing strange, considering how prolific he was when he signed, and our complete lack of goals all season.Hugely disappointed Hughton writes an article about him not being a "forgotten man" and then he doesn;t even make the bench v Villa.With Kamara now gone, I''d at least like to see him given a chance. He can do no worse.Personally like to see Bennett & Pilks on wings against WBA, with Holt & Snodders up front.

Our fall from midtable points all the way back to January - we''ve signed these two players and made poor use of them. Becchio has been treated so badly, I know he supposedly threw a wobbly, but with the team struggling for goals, how on earth has he not been given more of a chance?!

I can''t help but feel Kamara would have been a good signing for the champ if we go down - but I don''t think he''s good enough for us if we stay in the prem

I''m finding this very strange.If this was decided before the match started, why weren''t the fans (and Kamara himself) told so he could have had a fitting send-off?We were told a decision would be made on Monday but it had already been made by 7.30 when it was posted on the official site that he was leaving with "immediate effect".If it was decided before kick-off he wasn''t good enough, why was he on the bench and not Becchio?I think something must have happened during the game or the meeting after to bring it to a head. The plot thickens......

Maybe we would have signed him if safety was pretty much guaranteed, but now we appear well and truly in amongst it we are not prepared to risk signing a player with money we may not have to spare come the end of the season?

[quote user="Monty13"]Maybe we would have signed him if safety was pretty much guaranteed, but now we appear well and truly in amongst it we are not prepared to risk signing a player with money we may not have to spare come the end of the season?[/quote]Possibly, or maybe he didn''t want to sign a contract if he thought we were going down.

Yea you''re quite right, I had thought that as well, and to be fair I wouldn''t blame him If that was his thoughts.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="Monty13"]Maybe we would have signed him if safety was pretty much guaranteed, but now we appear well and truly in amongst it we are not prepared to risk signing a player with money we may not have to spare come the end of the season?[/quote]Possibly, or maybe he didn''t want to sign a contract if he thought we were going down.[/quote]I think that''s more likely.  Not interested in playing in the 2nd tier of English football when he could play in the MLS where the Kansas fans adore him.I''m disappointed we couldn''t have given him a better send-off, he was a trier and had infectious enthusiasm (and he could leap and win an aerial ball like nobody else in our squad) but wasn''t quite up to scratch or he''d have scored a couple more and we''d have possibly been higher in the league.  Maybe he realised he wasn''t going to make the grade and was better off sticking to his MLS deal.

Yes, Mr C. I did wonder if he started to wonder if the financial reward of slogging your way through a dour winter in England, being clogged by teams like Stoke & vilified by the fans when things aren''t going well, was really worth it.

I just got the feeling his sunny disposition was being turned gloomy by the current climate, both physical & mental.

If that''s the case he''s a sensible chap, & I wish him well.

I was hoping he would be a Huckerby style sensation, and the lift he gave the team at times was almost there. In one regard he didn''t do enough, in another he did a lot. I just can''t imagine many forwards doing well with us at all, and so it seems unfair that we made a decision on him based on what he did rather than what he could offer with a relevant tactical style of football. He''ll be missed, because for me he made an impression.

And yet last Saturday none of Jeff Stelling''s panel thought he was worth keeping or up to Premiership standard.

I realise that this is ludicrous when nothing can be straight forward but maybe Hughton felt the same.

Sometimes it''s just a cigar and sometimes it''s just a football decision.

[quote user="Grant Holt''s 3 year contract"]Not good enough.

Maybe now Becchio will get a chance?
The amusing thing is, it will probably be Jackson getting his chance. I''d like that actually, if it were to be his last game for us at CR it would be good to appreciate the guy one last time.