Sign in to follow this  
junojrs

Who to play up front?

With Kamara''s loan ended, who would you play up front?

Personally I cannot bear having Holt up front any longer, at least while we''re in this situation. He''s a walking red card waiting to happen and it''s a miracle he hasn''t got one in recent weeks. You saw him at Swansea, what with his flailing arms and reckless legs. He''s such an icon at the club, we will never forget how important he was for us, but he''s sadly past it.

I think it''s time Becchio gets a shot up top, he has a lot of qualities that Holt has, but in the short time he''s had on the pitch he''s seemed ten times as determined to the cause.

I''d also have Jackson on the bench providing another dimension, or even Vaughan seeing as his loan at Huddersfield has ended.

Who would you have?

I haven been a fan of Becchio but, to be fair, he hasn''t had a chance to prove himself. Think he has to be worth a shot, ahead of Holt.

I''d give Jackson a go. Wanted to see him and Kamara together but him and Holt isn''t a bad partnership.

Becchio.

But from what I''ve heard I doubt we''ll see him again

Should have been Bechio and KK yesterday. What did Holt offer apart from a confidently taken penalty? Didn''t Brighton used to play Elliot Bennett in a more central attacking midfield role. Give him a go. We are in it up to our necks now so got to go for it.

jackson and holt is probably the best idea, they are at least used to working together, i would say bechhio and holt but you cant expect them to perform well having hardly had any time with each other in competitive games

lets face it its going to be 1 upfront anyway

Not sure whether Vaughan is eligible to play for us, if he is he''d be the first name I''d put on the team list.

Also think E Bennett is a great shout.  Don''t understand why Hughton hasn''t had him starting in more games.  Imo he showed great composure for the goal against Reading.

Bizarre that we didn''t take up the option to buy KK. We would have had him for the next crucial game and could probably have sold him on for a profit if we got in someone better. Now the only options apart from Holt are players with hardly any game time for the most crucial game of the season.

Imo Holt isn''t the player he was last season.

1. In our second season, PL defenders now what to expect from Holt and he has failed to adapt.

2. His failed to adapt to a new formation/tactics of a new manager

His motivation  seems to have disappeared since he got a 3 year contract.

If available, I think Vaughan offers that little bit more that you need at PL level.

[quote user="junojrs"]With Kamara''s loan ended, who would you play up front?

Personally I cannot bear having Holt up front any longer, at least while we''re in this situation. He''s a walking red card waiting to happen and it''s a miracle he hasn''t got one in recent weeks. You saw him at Swansea, what with his flailing arms and reckless legs. He''s such an icon at the club, we will never forget how important he was for us, but he''s sadly past it.

I think it''s time Becchio gets a shot up top, he has a lot of qualities that Holt has, but in the short time he''s had on the pitch he''s seemed ten times as determined to the cause.

I''d also have Jackson on the bench providing another dimension, or even Vaughan seeing as his loan at Huddersfield has ended.

Who would you have?[/quote]I would go back to the team that set us on the 10 game unbeaten run:The players are fit, and match fit, and know the system.  It has been successful at home more often than not, although we need to play with greater urgency and more focus on winning as a draw will probably not be enough.The exception is Ruddy, who may need to stay on the bench as this isn''t a game to rush people back into when they aren''t match fit.  If Turner is fit then he should play, otherwise R Bennett was a rare positive note from yesterday.

Norwich City

• 01 Ruddy(BUNN)
  • 03 Whittaker
  • 05 Bassong
  • 06 Turner or R Bennett
  • 18 Garrido
  • 04 Johnson
  • 12 Pilkington
  • 14 Hoolahan
  • 27 Tettey
  • 07 Snodgrass
  • 09 Holt
Tough on R Martin and arguably Howson who was slightly better in the last game, but needs must.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]I''d be happy to have Vaughan, but as far as I know he''s not eligible.[/quote]
Correct, he''s not in our 25man squad and is over the age threshold so is not eligible.

AJ wrote the following post at 05/05/2013 3:13 PM:

" Becchio.

But from what I''ve heard I doubt we''ll see him again "

So what have you heard? This sounds serious.