Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Can We Agree On One Thing

Whatever our views on our management team, and I''m struggling to keep my powder dry on that one, with very few exceptions we ALL BACK OUR PLAYERS.

Some will be moving on, I suspect some deals (possibly Ruddy) are done but within the team they are put out in and the shape and tactics they are given they have given their all.

In fact, I believe our players are very good players in the right set up.

Bunn has shown genuine passion; Russ cares; Bassong and Garrido will be off but have performed professionally; Ryan Bennet has huge potential; Turner has given his all as has BJ; Howson has great potential and Snoddy wears his heart on his sleeve. Wes has been mishandled as has Holt with the latter clearly affected by football and not football issues.

Pilks is a game winner, Benno has been unlucky and a whole host of others haven''t had much of a look in.

Most of these boys have been on the journey with us and we should back them and not let them be victims of others failings as Wolves ''fans'' treated their players.

For the last few games I have shut out CH and concentrated on the players, I think we all feel the same, lets let them know we are fighting relegation together.

You wouldn''t think it, given the amount of bottom lip pouting out posts on here yesterday!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Whatever our views on our management team, and I''m struggling to keep my powder dry on that one, with very few exceptions we ALL BACK OUR PLAYERS.

Some will be moving on, I suspect some deals (possibly Ruddy) are done but within the team they are put out in and the shape and tactics they are given they have given their all.

Bunn has shown genuine passion; Russ cares; Bassong and Garrido will be off but have performed professionally; Ryan Bennet has huge potential; Turner has given his all as has BJ; Howson has great potential and Snoddy wears his heart on his sleeve. Wes has been mishandled as has Holt with the latter clearly affected by football and not football issues.

Pilks is a game winner, Benno has been unlucky and a whole host of others haven''t had much of a look in.

Most of these boys have been on the journey with us and we should back them and not let them be victims of others failings as Wolves ''fans'' treated their players.

For the last few games I have shut out CH and concentrated on the players, I think we all feel the same, lets let them know we are fighting relegation together.[/quote]
I completely agree, I don''t give a fig about Hughton now and the players need to play for themselves and the fans. In it together, indeed. OTBC.

People can post what they want of course, but it would be helpful - I

respectfully suggest - to put the differences aside and re-build the ''can

do'' atmosphere.

Chris Hughton will select the team and tactics he deems necessary

and the players will try to execute the plan; it is our job to raise

their spirits because negativity saps the spirit and stops the

adrenaline.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]People can post what they want of course, but it would be helpful - I

respectfully suggest - to put the differences aside and re-build the ''can

do'' atmosphere.

Chris Hughton will select the team and tactics he deems necessary

and the players will try to execute the plan; it is our job to raise

their spirits because negativity saps the spirit and stops the

adrenaline.[/quote]

I''ll second that.[Y]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Whatever our views on our management team, and I''m struggling to keep my powder dry on that one, with very few exceptions we ALL BACK OUR PLAYERS. Some will be moving on, I suspect some deals (possibly Ruddy) are done but within the team they are put out in and the shape and tactics they are given they have given their all. In fact, I believe our players are very good players in the right set up. Bunn has shown genuine passion; Russ cares; Bassong and Garrido will be off but have performed professionally; Ryan Bennet has huge potential; Turner has given his all as has BJ; Howson has great potential and Snoddy wears his heart on his sleeve. Wes has been mishandled as has Holt with the latter clearly affected by football and not football issues. Pilks is a game winner, Benno has been unlucky and a whole host of others haven''t had much of a look in. Most of these boys have been on the journey with us and we should back them and not let them be victims of others failings as Wolves ''fans'' treated their players. For the last few games I have shut out CH and concentrated on the players, I think we all feel the same, lets let them know we are fighting relegation together.[/quote]

It''s strange but I havent actually seen many anti-player posts? I''m not on here that often but have there been many? Usually there are in few "you''re not fit to wear the shirt" grumblings when a team is in trouble, but there does seem to be a feeling that our predicament is not player lead. The usual "he''s lost the dressing room" or "overpaid prima donna" stuff has been absent.

I''ve backed the players all year, and won''t change now.  When I see Holt continually in negative areas receiving the ball, I don''t blame him.

As I said on another post I remember to outstanding blocks from Villa shots just before half time. I think our players have been great.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Whatever our views on our management team, and I''m struggling to keep my powder dry on that one, with very few exceptions we ALL BACK OUR PLAYERS. Some will be moving on, I suspect some deals (possibly Ruddy) are done but within the team they are put out in and the shape and tactics they are given they have given their all. In fact, I believe our players are very good players in the right set up. Bunn has shown genuine passion; Russ cares; Bassong and Garrido will be off but have performed professionally; Ryan Bennet has huge potential; Turner has given his all as has BJ; Howson has great potential and Snoddy wears his heart on his sleeve. Wes has been mishandled as has Holt with the latter clearly affected by football and not football issues. Pilks is a game winner, Benno has been unlucky and a whole host of others haven''t had much of a look in. Most of these boys have been on the journey with us and we should back them and not let them be victims of others failings as Wolves ''fans'' treated their players. For the last few games I have shut out CH and concentrated on the players, I think we all feel the same, lets let them know we are fighting relegation together.[/quote]

It''s strange but I havent actually seen many anti-player posts? I''m not on here that often but have there been many? Usually there are in few "you''re not fit to wear the shirt" grumblings when a team is in trouble, but there does seem to be a feeling that our predicament is not player lead. The usual "he''s lost the dressing room" or "overpaid prima donna" stuff has been absent.

I''ve backed the players all year, and won''t change now.  When I see Holt continually in negative areas receiving the ball, I don''t blame him.

As I said on another post I remember to outstanding blocks from Villa shots just before half time. I think our players have been great.

[/quote]Clearly you didn''t look on here between about 5 and 7pm yesterday then[Y]

[quote user="Graham Paddon''s Beard"]

Me either actually, I guess it''s the general consensus that it''s not the players and at the same time it''s quite comforting. It almost reaffirms that we do indeed have a decent squad - the last thing I would want is being suckered in by Hughton''s not good enough approach.

I wonder what team,tactics and formation the players would choose if they were to pick it amongst themselves??

Sunday could just be the day for the players to ignore Hughton and play it how they see it?...as I suspect they did in the last 5 mins vs Everton............we won''t get another chance and that clueless t**t on the touchline may very well not be here next season.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Whatever our views on our management team, and I''m struggling to keep my powder dry on that one, with very few exceptions we ALL BACK OUR PLAYERS.

For the last few games I have shut out CH and concentrated on the players, I think we all feel the same, lets let them know we are fighting relegation together.[/quote]Your truce went well then...[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So, at this late and crucial stage there is no point in me or anyone

else having a go at the manager
or the players because it could all be

self-fulfilling. What has gone before has gone; to be revisited once the

season ends.

.[/quote]

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="Graham Paddon''s Beard"]

Me either actually, I guess it''s the general consensus that it''s not the players and at the same time it''s quite comforting. It almost reaffirms that we do indeed have a decent squad - the last thing I would want is being suckered in by Hughton''s not good enough approach.

[/quote]

Are these the same players that you tried to convince me were gutless just this afternoon Stig?

Personally I think tactics and speeches go out the window at this time of the year its all about the heart of the players and who want''s it more.

I thought we did want it more than villa we just got stung by two very good counter attacking goals that if Bale scored everyone would go mental about!

Why didn''t Bass just flatten him! and why he didn''t flatten him second time is inexcusable!

Can''t remember the exact circumstances of the 1st, couldn''t bring myself to watch MOTD, but the 2nd wasn''t scored on the counter. It was scored after we gave them possession after another long hoof from Bunn rather than trying to play it out from the back. Garrido was in acres on the left.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''m seething, Chops.

And as an aside, do you agree that Simon Lappin leaving was a watershed?[/quote]I hadn''t thought anything about Simon Lappin one way or the other.  Decent pro, picked up his money when he couldn''t get in the side but kept himself fit and never let himself or the team down when called upon.Why was it a watershed?

Well I was there and we were going forward but there was at least two players as you say including garrido who could have taken a yellow.

I''m so torn on Garrido as a defender he''s poor but his delivery is probably the best in the team but he hardly ever crosses the ball.