Sign in to follow this  
Mr 4-6-0

Final Home Game Lap of Honour

Considering the number of gutless, woeful, uninspiring performances Hughton has overseen this season, I think there is a greater likelihood my becoming the future Mr Kylie Minogue, than their is of Hughtons Shrove Tuesday Club (bunch of useless t*ssers) beating or getting a draw against West Brom.

Having said that, should they (or have they got the guts) to do a lap of honour at the end of the game? 

I suppose if (when) we stay up that is cause for celebration.

If the implausible happens, then cue hasty retreat to the dressing rooms with just Holt saying his farewell.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]I suppose if (when) we stay up that is cause for celebration.

If the implausible happens, then cue hasty retreat to the dressing rooms with just Holt saying his farewell.[/quote]
[:''(] That''s not even funny.... don''t joke like that.

Not having the same opinion as you doesn''t make me a whinger.

Other than that, all I''ve dared to do is ask a question.

My mate heard a rumour that Kwik Fit are looking to resign him. 

Sounds like it might be true.

The lap of honour is to mutually thanks the fans and players for their effort this season. Whatever i think of the performances this season i havent very often thought the players werent trying to do their best. Better attacking tactics and a more positive approach especially to the away games which has been our problem all season, if we go down the blame will imo be squarly at the feet of the manager, who is happy with and aims for 1 point every away game.

I would not like to see a lap of honour unless we win - because we''ll be up shit creek if we don''t

[quote user="Sacked in the Morning"]

Considering the number of gutless, woeful, uninspiring performances Hughton has overseen this season, I think there is a greater likelihood my becoming the future Mr Kylie Minogue, than their is of Hughtons Shrove Tuesday Club (bunch of useless t*ssers) beating or getting a draw against West Brom.

Having said that, should they (or have they got the guts) to do a lap of honour at the end of the game? 

[/quote]

Haven''t seen any gutless performances. The fact you obviously have makes me wonder if you have actually watched any? Which players have been gutless?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sacked in the Morning"]

[/quote]

Haven''t seen any gutless performances. The fact you obviously have makes me wonder if you have actually watched any? Which players have been gutless?

[/quote]
Fulham, QPR, Newcastle, Liverpool, Man U (away), Stoke, Wigan, Southampton, Reading (away), West Ham.

Blimey Nigel, that''s asking a lot. I''d probably have to take the DVDs on my summer vacation and let you know.

LOL Stig. You don''t really want to sit through it all again!

I don''t think any of the players have been gutless. I haven''t seen them shirk a tackle or not track a runner. For me the 100% commitmernt of the players has never been in doubt. You must see something I don''t in these performances and I wondered what it was?

Agree entirely that I don''t the players have been gutless at all. I think they have given plenty, and their reaction yesterday was typical of them. Remember just before half time two blocks from Villa shots.

It''s the shape , and the transition that have let us down. A total fear of being out of a defensive position when we lose the ball. Most affected by this are the "wide" players. They are not allowed to get forward early enough. How many times did Pilkington receive the ball on the half way line with his back to Villas goal? This is because he is told to have the ball in possession before we move forward.

Maybe gutless isn''t the right word. 

What I would say is that their is no player in the squad with the character of Dion, Hucks, Roberts, MacKay, Holt.

Without Bassong on the pitch the side absence of any leadership has been blatantly obvious.  When things have been going badly, I haven''t seen any player try to make their presence on the pitch count for something, impose themselves on a game, provide a spark for the rest of the team to build on.

All they have done is to repeat the same meaningless drivel as after woeful performance.  The reality is they don''t give a toss.  Most of them now there not good enough for the PL, and, wont be here next season even if we do stay up. 

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sacked in the Morning"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Fulham, QPR, Newcastle, Liverpool, Man U (away), Stoke, Wigan, Southampton, Reading (away), West Ham.
[/quote]

I cannot believe any of you have the time to rise to this boll##ks, the reality is that dispute some negative performances we still have a chance of competing for a third season in arguably the worlds toughest league, how many supporters in there wildest dreams imagined that would be the case six years ago when a truly gutless performance at Carlton saw us drop to league 1, this may surprise a few of the posters on this thread so I''ll repeat YES Norwich were in divison 1, I will stand & show my appreciation at full time next week come what may, whilst not technically as good as many players to level a criticism of being gutless is completely out of order, I would love to see "sacked in the morning" offer his thoughts face to face with Johnson Bassong or Russell Martin. Disgusting attitude, but hey what av binners had to get excited about?

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="Stig"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sacked in the Morning"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I cannot believe any of you have the time to rise to this boll##ks, the reality is that dispute some negative performances we still have a chance of competing for a third season in arguably the worlds toughest league, how many supporters in there wildest dreams imagined that would be the case six years ago when a truly gutless performance at Carlton saw us drop to league 1, this may surprise a few of the posters on this thread so I''ll repeat YES Norwich were in divison 1, I will stand & show my appreciation at full time next week come what may, whilst not technically as good as many players to level a criticism of being gutless is completely out of order, I would love to see "sacked in the morning" offer his thoughts face to face with Johnson Bassong or Russell Martin. Disgusting attitude, but hey what av binners had to get excited about?[/quote]
It may come as a surprise, but what happened back then has no bearing on what is happening now and thus performances in the afforementioned games should be to a premier league quality. I don''t feel they were in those particular games - due to poor tactics and game plans.

[quote user="Sacked in the Morning"]

Maybe gutless isn''t the right word. 

What I would say is that their is no player in the squad with the character of Dion, Hucks, Roberts, MacKay, Holt.

Without Bassong on the pitch the side absence of any leadership has been blatantly obvious.  When things have been going badly, I haven''t seen any player try to make their presence on the pitch count for something, impose themselves on a game, provide a spark for the rest of the team to build on.

All they have done is to repeat the same meaningless drivel as after woeful performance.  The reality is they don''t give a toss.  Most of them now there not good enough for the PL, and, wont be here next season even if we do stay up. 

[/quote]

Well Holt''s in the squad. Bassong and Turner are real leaders at the back. Russell Martin''s another strong character and leader. Johnson is another. Ruddy of course. Elliott Bennett is a standout for lifting morale. I think Hucks and Dion would have died to have some of these alongside them.

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="percy varco"]Lap of Honour. For what exactly?[/quote]it is also an opportunity for players to thank fans for there support.[/quote]Well, that shouldn''t take long...