Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Next week

Lets say we get relegated this season and finish in the Play offs next year. We get through to the final but the kind people at the Football League decide to let that game take place at Carrow Road, with us having 90% of the tickets. We are playing a team that finished with around 12 points more than us. Oh, and the opposition can''t be promoted anywaso it matters not to them.

Ok, that sounds weird I know, but in effect that is exactly the reality we are faced with next Sunday. We are in better position to win this game than we would a potential playoff final in 12 Months time, that''s what I''m getting at.

We''ll assume for the purpose of this that 41 points will be enough, though I''m pretty sure it will be - the law of averages say at least 1 of about 8 teams will mess up.

Lol, that was a long way round the houses to get to your final conclusion.But I agree.

Can''t agree with that Flecky.

In our scenario we would be fielding a team who have had a successful season and should be high own confidence and playing with a game plan that has yielded good results.

On Saturday we will be fielding a team who are sorely lacking in confidence being managed by a guy who doesn''t know or doesn''t want to know how to win!

[quote user="Vanwink"]Can''t agree with that Flecky.

In our scenario we would be fielding a team who have had a successful season and should be high own confidence and playing with a game plan that has yielded good results.

On Saturday we will be fielding a team who are sorely lacking in confidence being managed by a guy who doesn''t know or doesn''t want to know how to win![/quote]
Damn it, why did you have to sprinkle reality all over this lovely analogy? /sigh

Well it probably made a few people happy while it lasted