Sign in to follow this  
junojrs

McNally tweet

McNally tweeted this about 15 minutes ago

"I haven''t been able to respond to your tweets over the last 24 hours due to the number received and I''ve been busy. Comments are noted."

What do you think? Does it mean he''s taking in the thoughts of the fans?

"Comments are noted"

PR attempt at calming the fans down or a genuine nod to all the ''Hughton outers''?

i suspect it means, ''we are aware many are unhappy, it wont make any difference, but thanks for your input''

It means absolutely nothing and we are going to continue stretching our necks further into the trapdoor.

"Thanks for your inputs and concerns........and also thanks for your season ticket Wonga.....That''s all that really matters"......

[quote user="morty"]Perhaps it means exactly what it say?Just a thought...[/quote]
So you really think he has noted and taken into consideration Hughton-Out tweets from all the people he repeatedly retweets to make look like idiots? Haha

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="morty"]Perhaps it means exactly what it say?Just a thought...[/quote]
So you really think he has noted and taken into consideration Hughton-Out tweets from all the people he repeatedly retweets to make look like idiots? Haha
[/quote]Mate if the idiot hat fits[Y]

[quote user="morty"]Perhaps it means exactly what it say?Just a thought...[/quote]

Lol

"Ive been busy" the phrase is just loaded with significance. Busy sounding out o Neill, i reckon. Busy telling Hughton he can take his defensive football and do one. Busy telling the players they will have 6 months wages docked unless they pull their fingers out. Oh yes, very busy, I reckon.

Please can I have a job on The Sun.

Lets be fair what do people expect him to say. hughton is/was their man and they must be very disappointed with the decline since Christmas. They will also be afraid of the gamble not the pay over the odds to get RVW in January has back fired big time. yes he may have cost 4 or 5 million more but in all probability we would have been safe by now. The board will be crossing their fingers and toes for other clubs to mess up and for us to win v WBA

Awh, bless your heart Morty - you think the CEO of a company gives a damn about it''s customers. I remember when I was young enough to believe that too.

You can''t blame him for not getting RVW in January. Sporting were sticking by his €22m release clause. We simply didn''t have that sort of money.

A striker in January would have been great, but I thought at the time that a creative CM was the more pressing matter.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]You can''t blame him for not getting RVW in January. Sporting were sticking by his €22m release clause. We simply didn''t have that sort of money.

A striker in January would have been great, but I thought at the time that a creative CM was the more pressing matter.[/quote]
Fox, Howson and Tettey (initially) are all creative mids - they were just told not to create. A creative CM would have been a sound waste of money. In fact, anyone bought under Hughton will be a sound waste of money because they will succumb to his negativity. Why wasn''t Whittaker playing yesterday by the way, does anyone know?

Sorry Stig, I''m going to disagree with you there, Tettey is not a creative midfielder. I don''t want to start criticising our players so I''ll just say that his range if passing is "limited".

Agree about Fox and Howson, but Hughton obviously didn''t hence neither of them playing much. When Howson did come in for Tettey''s injury he wasn''t allowed to express himself in the manner in which we saw last season.

The shackles must come off on Sunday or we''re f**ked.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Sorry Stig, I''m going to disagree with you there, Tettey is not a creative midfielder. I don''t want to start criticising our players so I''ll just say that his range if passing is "limited".

Agree about Fox and Howson, but Hughton obviously didn''t hence neither of them playing much. When Howson did come in for Tettey''s injury he wasn''t allowed to express himself in the manner in which we saw last season.

The shackles must come off on Sunday or we''re f**ked.[/quote]
Oh I agree Tettey isn''t really, but when he first started to play he would burst forwards and create himself a long shot. Especially his 25 yard effort in pre-season. I can only assume Hughton told him that wasn''t his role at all.

": for good as you have been you have not done your job.2 wins in18 nowhere near goodenough"I agree we must do better but my role?

He is either trying to antagonize or he is this stupid. His role really is quite obvious, but apparently not obvious enough for him.

His role isn''t to run the team.

And Stig why are you trying to act all mature? Reading your tweets you are very patronising towards Morty who is probably olde and clever than you,

I do remember respecting your opinion in the past on here, but seriously, read your posts on this thread and the other one you''ve been talking about McNally on. Just rediclious and very naive.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]His role isn''t to run the team.

And Stig why are you trying to act all mature? Reading your tweets you are very patronising towards Morty who is probably olde and clever than you,

I do remember respecting your opinion in the past on here, but seriously, read your posts on this thread and the other one you''ve been talking about McNally on. Just rediclious and very naive.[/quote]
Blimey GP, let me at least have my shield before you start attacking me.
I''m not blaming McNally for our failings, I''m blaming him for not sacking Hughton - which is his job. And I''m being deliberately patronising to Morty because all he comes out with is off-topic nonsense and personal digs - he doesn''t deserve my undivided attention and considered posts. I assume you disagree about McNally then? I feel very passionately that he has just sat and watched our season get worse and worse and missed the oppurtunity for he himself to turn it around... I''m sorry if that is ridiculous and naive.

I really don''t know what people expect McNally to do at this moment in time?

Sack Hughton with two to go? FFS that''d be an all time most stupid decision in the history of the PL

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]I really don''t know what people expect McNally to do at this moment in time?

Sack Hughton with two to go? FFS that''d be an all time most stupid decision in the history of the PL[/quote][Y]Apparently sacking him and getting in Martin Oneill in for two games is the answer. The monumental, Olympic grade stupidity of some of our fans really worries me sometimes lol.

[quote user="The Pink''un Role Model"]I really don''t know what people expect McNally to do at this moment in time?

Sack Hughton with two to go? FFS that''d be an all time most stupid decision in the history of the PL
Clearly not now, but it was down to McNally to get it done when there was still time - and things were just as bad. The time has been and gone, the club has been idle.

Well Stig, Morty may not go about everything the ''right'' way. But you two are pretty similar in terms of dealing with those of the opposite view.

If he doesn''t deserve you undivided attention and considered posts why bother responding at all? If you think he''s spouting nonsense and making personal digs seems pretty odd to get into it so much with him, although of course I can''t really talk on that front. But from my point of view, I''ve seen stuff just as bad from you towards him.

On the subject of McNally. The board clearly signed Hughton with the intention of developing the team over time. The signings proved that. We didn''t strengthen the attack really, other than with Snod. And our style over the first half of the season changed from the previous season.

But when would you have sacked Hughton? After the home losses to Chelsea and Man.C? When for, really started to turn sour? The loss to Luton? Because after that we had a decent draw with Spurs. Couple games later we beat Everton. Couple games later we''re robbed by the ref against Sunderland. Cupel games later same story against Arsenal. When would you have sacked him?

This 2 wins in 19 games business is all well and good, (although obviously shocking form) but we were in a position to allow that to happen and still only be on the brink of the relegation zone, not a few points adrift. And our half decent performances and refereeing ruined games have been scattered across that period making the run seem not as bad if you look at it subjectively.

I''d be quite happy for Hughton to go at the end of the season. No improvement In consistency over three months, scattered decent performances, themselves often scattered in terms of us actually being good during the game.

But we haven''t just been on a downwards spiral out of control.

Wahhhhh wahhhh, that nasty morty pointed out to idiots, that they are idiots, and now I''m going to follow him round the forum, righting the wrongs and showing him who is boss.Put your forum sword away mate, no one is interested.

Sorry I should have just asked exactly when would you have sacked Hughton, rather than writing all that ;)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well Stig, Morty may not go about everything the ''right'' way. But you two are pretty similar in terms of dealing with those of the opposite view.

If he doesn''t deserve you undivided attention and considered posts why bother responding at all? If you think he''s spouting nonsense and making personal digs seems pretty odd to get into it so much with him, although of course I can''t really talk on that front. But from my point of view, I''ve seen stuff just as bad from you towards him.

On the subject of McNally. The board clearly signed Hughton with the intention of developing the team over time. The signings proved that. We didn''t strengthen the attack really, other than with Snod. And our style over the first half of the season changed from the previous season.

But when would you have sacked Hughton? After the home losses to Chelsea and Man.C? When for, really started to turn sour? The loss to Luton? Because after that we had a decent draw with Spurs. Couple games later we beat Everton. Couple games later we''re robbed by the ref against Sunderland. Cupel games later same story against Arsenal. When would you have sacked him?

This 2 wins in 19 games business is all well and good, (although obviously shocking form) but we were in a position to allow that to happen and still only be on the brink of the relegation zone, not a few points adrift. And our half decent performances and refereeing ruined games have been scattered across that period making the run seem not as bad if you look at it subjectively.

I''d be quite happy for Hughton to go at the end of the season. No improvement In consistency over three months, scattered decent performances, themselves often scattered in terms of us actually being good during the game.

But we haven''t just been on a downwards spiral out of control.[/quote]
I concede that I do it to wind him up so that I don''t get wound up. I''ll cut it out from here in.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
As for when I would have sacked him, I agree there would never have been a good time because he always seemed to give himself a lifeline with a result. Personally, I would have sacked him anytime between the newcastle 0-0, the Luton 0-1 or the Liverpool 5-0. That''s about as good of an opportunity. Though, I know it''s easier said than done because things were not quite as dire as they are now - but if you look back on the results then, it''s more than "Let''s change manager" time.
WBA 2-1
Chelsea 0-1
City 3-4
West Ham 2-1
Newcastle 0-0
Liverpool 5-0
Tottenham 1-1
QPR 0-0
Fulham 0-0
Everton 2-1 (Hughton happy with draw, win was players initiative.)
Not good really. A new manager coming in might have influenced some wins from a dire Newcastle, possibly a passable result from a not-so-special Liverpool and wins from a down-and-out QPR and a stuttering Fulham. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I''d go as far as to say it was clear things weren''t all rosy at FCR even then.

I forgot about Liverpool.

That was about the only time really he could have been sacked, we''d lost to Luton, poor result away at West Ham, not brought in a new striker, 0-0 to Newcastle and starting to slip.

But after that we did get either decent result, decent performance or screwed over by ref bar Man.U away, which doesn''t really count and Southampton at home until last week at Stoke, which is too late.

Problem is, at that time it was still transfer window, but late on. We were still in a good position as bottom teams not hitting form and I can''t even remember many fans being all that upset. Of course there were a few, but still. And if McNally had sacked Hughton and not found a decent replacement he''d have looked stupid. If he seriously considered it back then, probably thought it was far to big a risk.

I think finding a replacement would have trivial enough at that point, we were sitting fairly high up the table for our recent run of results so there was a good cushion. The trouble is I think McNally gambled on the cushion being enough for the rest of the season rather than rolling the dice on someone else. Retrospectively I guess it was a safer approach to gamble on the cushion being enough rather than risking it all on an unknown factor. But then I guess that sums NCFC up fairly well this season, take the safest approach and hope it pays off.