Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Sacking Hughton now.

If it was the difference between staying up and going down then we should do whatever it takes.

Unfortunately it''s not that black and white.

If sacking him got us 3 points next week i wouldnt hesitate. Unfortunately football doesnt work that way so we have no option but to hope he can produce one more win. The next match is massive for all concerned, not just the club and fans. Hughton has one game to save his premier league managerial career, no one else will employ him in the top flight if he takes us down. The players have one match to save their status, i cant see many if any getting a prem league move.

What sort of answer is that Brownie[;)]

I reckon if Hughton''s lost the dressingroom there could be a very short term gain like in Gunny''s first game after Roeder. But if the players are loyal to him and supportive of him, which I believe they are, then that short term gain isn''t on offer.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Arguably very harsh on the guy to sack him now but if we got a REALLY short term fix for WBA next week and it keeps us up would you advocate sacking Hugthon?

Next week is massive. [/quote]That''s a question to answer with the benefit of hindsight.  You''ll get many insightful and thought-provoking responses to this question at about 5pm on Saturday when it''s too late to matter a toss either way.My view is no, we plough onwards with what we have and reap what we sow.

Absolutely nothing to be gained from sacking him now.I would like to think that if  the senior players have an issue with a system or tactics, its about time for them to lay their cards on the table.Frankly the performance yesterday said to me that the players are all still firmly with the manager, its in their hands now.And yes, I would keep him if we stay up.

Agree that sacking him now is pointless. We just have to hope a combination of other results going our way and perhaps WBA phoning in their performance next week will see us safe.

Whatever happens he needs to go. He''s done his best to take us down. He may still achieve that, but if he doesn''t then we can''t let him have 20m quid in the summer and give him another go at sending us down.

I''m happy to place my neck on the block, sack him now and get Neil Adams help us over the line in a caretaker role.

If it was going to happen it would have last night, I think he is in real jepordy the moment the final whistle goes in Manchester. If we do stay up, but its completely because of others and we lose our last 2 matches, that could be it. I still think that regardless of a victory McNally will have a decision to make and probably a plan.  Poyet for me, lets get that creative football back if we have to make a change. That said I wont be calling for his head and would give him the benifit of 10 games next season.

[quote user="dpj canary"]I''m happy to place my neck on the block, sack him now and get Neil Adams help us over the line in a caretaker role.[/quote]If I''m honest, I completely see where you''re coming from.But I think its our coaches that are the problem, not the manager.

[quote user="dpj canary"]I''m happy to place my neck on the block, sack him now and get Neil Adams help us over the line in a caretaker role.[/quote]

Isnt that a Liberal Democrat or UKIP sort of plan though?

Very easy to make plans if there isnt a chance of it happening.

It''s so finely balanced. The only game in ''city'' is West Brom. Any action that might help us win that match must be taken. But, none of us possess the judgement of Solomon. I don''t expect Hughton to be here next season whatever the outcome of this season. But I''m really in two minds about changing the manager today.

It''s so difficult to know where to start with this season. But - minority view warning - I''d like him to start with two strikers - Holt plus Becchio I guess - but he wasn''t even on the bench on Saturday when Hughton already knew he was on his way (!) - it''s just such a mess. So disappointing.